Sign in to follow this  
Alpha Blondy

Alpha's Troll and Cantarbaqash Corner LOL

Safferz   

Indeed... I'm still getting used to the new SOL, but I like.

In other news, I watched the Notebook tonight for the first time, and it was complete trash. I may or may not have teared up during a few scenes though.

<cite>
said:</cite>

Indeed... I'm still getting used to the new SOL, but I like.

In other news, I watched the Notebook tonight for the first time, and it was
complete trash
. I may or may not have teared up during a few scenes though.

Are you a lesbian?

In other news, I developed a new found dislike for Somali sijuis.

i just got up now. so disappointed with myself.

i decided to take the day off lakinse i feel terrible. shameful.

i might get a haircut to make amends. i'll have to do something.

tumblr_myie6dsNSr1rmhoofo9_500.jpg

tumblr_myie6dsNSr1rmhoofo3_500.jpg

tumblr_myie6dsNSr1rmhoofo2_500.jpg

tumblr_myie6dsNSr1rmhoofo7_500.jpg

It’s fascinating looking at representations of Africans in Chinese CCP propaganda from the 60s and early 70s. During this time period, China saw itself standing in solidarity in a class struggle with POC in Africa, Asia and Latin America against white-led American and European imperialism. The CCP also saw itself as having led a revolution which could be modeled by the peoples of these nations. Representations of Africa in the propaganda of this era therefore show tremendous camaraderie and brotherhood, presenting a united front against Western imperialism and colonization.

At the same time, though, these images are also steeped in a deep sense of racialized paternalism, which the last image, “Saviour” speaks tremendously to as well. This was due in part to the fact that the CCP’s revolution came earlier and was therefore the model revolution which they were “teaching” to Africans, but it also played directly upon antiblack stereotypes of African people as explicitly primitive (see the poster in which the “silver needle of friendship” is passed) and requiring the stewardship of the Chinese CCP in their march toward freedom in their own countries. The paternalism evident in the “friendship” is clear and plays into these racist, demeaning tropes, raising up a Chinese (rather than white) savior for African peoples in the face of Mao ZeDong.

These images are therefore interesting in the ways they evoke a sense of global POC solidarity against white-led imperialist forces from America and Europe, portray African leaders in a positive and noble light, generally work to show brotherhood between Chinese and African peoples, but then also plays to racist tropes like the “noble savage” trope and positions Africans and other POC in the developing world in solidarity but ultimately under Chinese CCP stewardship with a Chinese savior (Mao ZeDong) who “gets” their struggle, rather than a white one— but still a demeaning, paternalistic savior nonetheless.

---

http://black-in-asia.com/post/71398835866/its-fascinating-looking-at-representations-of

---

Safferz   

<cite>

Man this Dr Edna Aden is a sly sly women. Can husbands file for divorce from their graves? I think such inquiry is suitable for abti egal

She's not a doctor, she was never the "Somalian first lady," and if I remember correctly, she left Egal while he was in prison.

I respect her work but she is an expert at self-promotion and quite unlikable.

^^ Hmm interesting and pleasant.

I just watched one of her talks in brussels. She was like "don't push us towards terrorist, the pirates, al-qaeida..."

and "billions of dollars of tax-payer money are being wasted on Somalia... but do you realize its not going to work because the people of SomaliaAAAAAAA [great emphasis on the aaaa} do not want it to work. you cannot match the industry of terrorism that they have. you have been beaten my terrorist"

and lastly "recognize your failures, because it hasn't worked [in reference to international community's attempt of stabilizing Somalia... our system works"

-- a short snippet of her speech

ohhh and the way she takes great pride in the British colonial history and how the the great ol' monarch recognized Somaliland is cringeworthy. you can see the glow in her eyes when she talks about the brits

<cite>

She's not a doctor, she was never the "Somalian first lady," and if I remember correctly, she left Egal while he was in prison.

I respect her work but she is an expert at self-promotion and quite unlikable.

this is heinous.

you can't stand other woman being at the helm. that is disgusting.

<cite>

^^ Hmm interesting and pleasant.

I just watched one of her talks in brussels. She was like "don't push us towards terrorist, the pirates, al-qaeida..."

and "billions of dollars of tax-payer money are being wasted on Somalia... but do you realize its not going to work because the people of SomaliaAAAAAAA [great emphasis on the aaaa} do not want it to work. you cannot match the industry of terrorism that they have. you have been beaten my terrorist"

and lastly "recognize your failures, because it hasn't worked [in reference to international community's attempt of stabilizing Somalia... our system works"

-- a short snippet of her speech

ohhh and the way she takes great pride in the British colonial history and how the the great ol' monarch recognized Somaliland is cringeworthy. you can see the glow in her eyes when she talks about the brits

this woman you insult is probably the same age as your own mother......and yet you take it upon yourself to insult her without limit on the internet. that is indicative of the way you were raised.

we know you're a staunch Somalilandiid lakinse take your insults elsewhere because to be quite frankly with you it's disgusting.

Safferz   

<cite>

this is heinous.

you can't stand other woman being at the helm. that is disgusting.

I don't have to like or support someone just because they're female, Alpha. It's good to be critical of everyone (but fair... I did say I respect her work).