Sign in to follow this  
Alpha Blondy

Alpha's Troll and Cantarbaqash Corner LOL

Safferz   

lol West Africa is interesting but the same issue... why fly 6-7hrs across the continent, when 4hrs would take me to India from Ethiopia? So I'd rather keep it regional and simple this time, a few days and back. Nairobi is starting to sound best, and I do have some friends there.

Safferz   

SomaliPhilosopher;990083 wrote:
^^ What about xamar.. short and relatively cheap flight from hargeisa. if you do come to Nairobi, you must vacation in Eastleigh, the muddiest place on earth!

How safe is Xamar for a woman traveling solo and without family in the city though? Maybe not this time, I'd give my parents a heart attack lol. Although I can see myself going there within the next few years :)

Safferz   

^ lol Apo, I brought up India as an example of an interesting place much closer for someone in Addis and explain why I'm not interested in West Africa. It's a huge trip too, when I was thinking more about someplace I could go for a weekend for a change while I'm in Ethiopia. Though I'm sure that part of the Middle East is very nice, I've heard great things about Tehran and Istanbul :)

SomaliPhilosopher;990088 wrote:
I was with this chick once in lido. she was wearing a baati and carrying a soccer ball trying to claim territory to start a game. it caused a bit of a scene but It aint too bad...

I don't even like how covered up I have to be in kililka or Hargeisa, so I don't know if I could handle Xamar lol.

Safferz   

Except I don't hate the hijab and I don't have an inferiority complex lol, I just don't like having to dress differently and feeling hyperconscious about my body, that's all (the thoughts of "is this loose enough, opaque enough, long enough, etc" on one level, but also the fact that Somali men stare, make comments and are generally more forward than Western men). Most hijabis in the West wouldn't be able to dress how they normally do when in a place like Hargeisa anyway, where women just don't wear pants no matter how long the top you're wearing may be. I prefer to dress how I feel comfortable dressing, but I can't do that in some places of the world.

Safferz   

Anyway, this procrastinator is logging out until *after* I work out and get through my reading for the afternoon... enjoy the rest of your day boys :)

Safferz   

Apophis;990101 wrote:
Maybe if you wore the hijab from a young age you wouldn't feel that way. Or that it's an alien thing.

Except I did, and that's exactly why I feel the way I do about it. It comes from experience, not my views on "an alien thing."

*logs off for real this time*

Cadale   

Apophis;990101 wrote:
Maybe if you wore the hijab from a young age you wouldn't feel that way. Or that it's an alien thing.

weren't you a gaal horta? :D

Safferz   

If, for a while, the ruse of desire is calculable for the uses of discipline soon the repetition of guilt, justification, pseudo-scientific theories, superstition, spurious authorities, and classifications can be seen as the desperate effort to “normalize” formally the disturbance of a discourse of splitting that violates the rational, enlightened claims of its enunciatory modality.

Lucid writing from Homi Bhabha. I'm about to throw this book across the room :mad:

Khayr   

So OdaySomali restarted all his old threads. Shameless self promotion! Alpha, do you know anything about that? :)