Sign in to follow this  
Alpha Blondy

Alpha's Troll and Cantarbaqash Corner LOL

Haatu   

Alpha Blondy;990028 wrote:
send the passwords, baal. i'm currently working on an electronic library for my library mashruuc eh. by the way, it's coming great. you were a great inspiration, abti. it was your positive words of encouragement that paved the way for me. thanks.

You're too kind. I hardly did anything.

PS: When are you going to update me with things? Passwords???

Safferz   

Haatu;990026 wrote:
Safferz are you able to request articles from journals at your uni? There's one or two I would like to read but they need subscriptions.

Just let me know the article titles and journal they're published in, I'll get them for you :)

Alpha that's not how it works... universities spend thousands, millions to have electronic subscriptions and access to various journals and electronic journal databases like JSTOR. I can access just about everything via my university library for that reason. It's one of the things I don't like about academia actually, knowledge should be open access.

SomaliPhilosopher;990040 wrote:
Hi y'all

been listening to that fela kuti guy. not too bad.

check out the following:

One Day Someday

The Choice is yours

Stop AIDS

Do your best (ft. Mos Def)

Fight to Win (ft. Jaguar Wright)

Safferz   

Alpha Blondy;990046 wrote:
check out the following:

One Day Someday

The Choice is yours

Stop AIDS

Do your best (ft. Mos Def)

Fight to Win (ft. Jaguar Wright)

My favourite is "Teacher Don't Teach Me Nonsense," which I try to listen to before class.

Safferz   

Apophis;990059 wrote:
Now we know why. lol.

:D

It's now the time of year where I'm not crazy for figuring out my summer plans and booking flights while they're cheap... I'm thinking Addis/Amhara kilil May 3-July 5, Harar/Somali kilil July 5-August 16, then Hargeisa August 16 until I leave from there (23rd?). Want to do a side trip from Addis during the first part, for travel's sake... do you guys think Asmara, Kampala or Nairobi would be more interesting?

Safferz   

SomaliPhilosopher;990067 wrote:
^ I'd go for Asmara

Add Khartoum to the list of options! Apparently there's no direct route from Addis to Asmara, only options are to connect via Sudan or Djibouti. If it'll take me 7+ hours in flights and connections to get to Asmara, why even bother :mad:

Safferz;990069 wrote:
Add Khartoum to the list of options! Apparently there's no direct route from Addis to Asmara, only options are to connect via Sudan or Djibouti. If it'll take me 7+ hours in flights and connections to get to Asmara, why even bother :mad:

How about bus? I don't think its terribly far from kilil. and then you fly back to djibouti chill there for a bit then bus to Hargeisa. otherwise nairobi is the more iconic east african city. but very western in nature, which could be a good or bad, depending on what your looking for

Safferz   

SomaliPhilosopher;990074 wrote:
How about bus? I don't think its terribly far from kilil. and then you fly back to djibouti chill there for a bit then bus to Hargeisa. otherwise nairobi is the more iconic east african city. but very western in nature, which could be a good or bad, depending on what your looking for

You're trying to get me killed SP, why on earth would anyone try to cross the Ethiopian/Eritrean border by land :P I would like to see Asmara someday so I'll have to think about it (and whether I want to deal with the flight situation), but Nairobi is interesting to and an easy flight from ADD.