Sign in to follow this  
Alpha Blondy

Alpha's Troll and Cantarbaqash Corner LOL

Safferz;989951 wrote:
He's actually a lot more polite and well mannered than I am lol
:P

takes one to know one, miyaa sheekadadu? :P

how am i polite and well mannered, inabti? this is outrageous.

please joogi these lies, for our cordial relations, if anything.

Safferz;989954 wrote:
loool this lady cries when she has to eat a vegetable:

calashan carrots iyo cucumbers oo kale, miyaa?

you have a knack for making unintentional puns. saas miyaa? :P

Safferz   

Alpha Blondy;989955 wrote:
calashan carrots iyo cucumbers oo kale, miyaa?

you have a knack for making unintentional puns. saas miyaa?
:P

Stop taking advantage of my naïveté :( But well done Alpha, I walked right into that one lol

Safferz   

Haatu inadeer, the SOL record shows that I had nothing to do with these comments, clearly Alpha is having a lonely night in Hargeisa and trying to ruin my innocence with his crude sense of humour :mad:

Anyway, this song is for you Al:

i've got this awesome tune by Femi Kuti on repeat. it's called Alkebu-Lan (Cradle Of Civilization).

excepts of the lyrics.........

Alkebu na the name of my people (Alkebu was the name of my people)

Before Oyinbo man give us Africa (before the white man give us the name Africa)

Alkebu na the name of my people (Alkebu was the name of my people)

Before Oyinbo man give us Africa (before the white man give us the name Africa)

Africa na Portuguese name (Africa was a Portuguese name)

Wey Oyinbo man dey take call us (the white man called us this name)

My people, we get our own name (My people (despite there being 55 countries), we must get our name)

Even before the name they go call (even before the name took form, they called us this denigrating term)

Nigeria (na slave name) (Nigeria is a slave name)

Gold coast (na slave name too) (Gold Coast is a slave name)

Ivory coast (them get in name) (the people of the elephants were given this name)

Rhodesia (na slave name too) (Rhodesia is a slave name - after Cecil Rhodes actually)

South Africa (them get in name) (the people of the southern Africa were given this name)

Algeria (na slave name too) (Algeria is a slave name, too - Islamic slavery)

Republic of this o (them get in name)

deep stuff. really.

and......to think we've taken the name ''SOMALILAND''. caajib.

calling your country Somaliland is just pathetic – it combines the two pronged legacies of colonialism and the failed reunification with Somalia and the subsequent events proceeding. anything with 'somali' evokes negativity and wreck any potential progress and development. lakinse, the suffix land adds a little sophistication, maha? :D:p;)

Safferz   

Haatu;989960 wrote:
^^ U and your Hand aa? Agah
:D

Title aside it's a good song and video, reminds me of my teenage years when I was embarrassingly emo and had brightly coloured pixie cuts (though I've never tried red hair) :P

Safferz   

Alpha Blondy;989961 wrote:
calling your country Somaliland is just pathetic – it combines the two pronged legacies of colonialism and the failed reunification with Somalia and the subsequent events proceeding. anything with 'somali' evokes negativity and wreck any potential progress and development. lakinse, the suffix land adds a little sophistication, maha?
:D
:p;)

Somalia is the greatest country name ever, named after the greatest people on earth, ee siida ula soco :mad: I like the Somali in Somaliland but I agree the fact it's a colonially derived name is a problem.

Safferz   

Just finished watching About a Boy, giving it a 7/10 mostly because of this final scene and Hugh Grant's good looks. But otherwise dull, irrelevant and uninteresting, not unlike Britain :P

Haatu   

Safferz are you able to request articles from journals at your uni? There's one or two I would like to read but they need subscriptions.

Haatu;990026 wrote:
Safferz are you able to request articles from journals at your uni? There's one or two I would like to read but they need subscriptions.

send the passwords, baal. i'm currently working on an electronic library for my library mashruuc eh. by the way, it's coming great. you were a great inspiration, abti. it was your positive words of encouragement that paved the way for me. thanks.