Sign in to follow this  
Alpha Blondy

Alpha's Troll and Cantarbaqash Corner LOL

Haatu   

Pissed off. I can't believe I've become so disillusioned with Somalis I can't actually wait for their balkanization. Bloody i-selectors starting this mess. Balaayo idinla goosatay :mad:

Safferz   

This one is my favourite, Alpha... reminds me of Addis. Hope to one day understand more than just the gist of songs like this, Amharic is a rich language just like ours.

" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

Haatu;989748 wrote:
Alpha, give this a try abti if you haven't already:

just saw the trailer. doesn't seems very interesting. didn't understand what plot?

what is it about?

Safferz;989793 wrote:
This one is my favourite, Alpha... reminds me of Addis. Hope to one day understand more than just the gist of songs like this, Amharic is a rich language just like ours.

understand afkaaga hooyo first. :D:p

Safferz   

Alpha Blondy;989803 wrote:
understand afkaaga hooyo first.
:D
:p

Well excuse me for being born in qurbaha and having never lived back home, you can't rub your fluency in my face :mad: I'm working on it though... but all things considered, I'm pleased with my level of Somali, and the fact I know more languages than you do :P

Safferz;989805 wrote:
Well excuse me for being born in qurbaha and having never lived back home, you can't rub your fluency in my face :mad: I'm working on it though... but all things considered, I'm pleased with my level of Somali, and the fact I know more languages than you do
:P

fluency?

naga daa, dee. i've convinced folks that i'm a dhaqan celis eh.

Haatu;989787 wrote:
Pissed off. I can't believe I've become so disillusioned with Somalis I can't actually wait for their balkanization. Bloody i-selectors starting this mess. Balaayo idinla goosatay :mad:

you can't change the world. change your world. wa iga talo. :)

Safferz   

Alpha Blondy;989806 wrote:
fluency?

naga daa, dee. i've convinced folks that i'm a dhaqan celis eh.

I'd say you are, yes. You've lived in Hargeisa for several years now dee. I think what I need is 6 months or so in the tuuloyin... might spend an entire year or year and a half in Ethiopia in 2015-2016 if funding comes through for me, so hopefully then I'll be able to perfect my Somali *and* Amharic while I'm in the field :P

Safferz   

Tonight's (re)reading, on a quiet Friday night in:

fanonblackskin2.jpg

And maybe keep up my Hugh Grant streak with another movie (About a Boy?) to reward myself for a productive day :)

Safferz   

Ethiopian passport issued to "David Motsamayi" in 1962, Mandela used it to enter the UK before returning to Ethiopia to receive training in guerrilla warfare. Interesting stuff...

1467454_561539643916923_1966823268_n.jpg

Haatu   

"Aqoon waa maxay? Waa waayo-aragnimo la ururshey."

Found this interesting definition today. Do you agree?

Safferz   

Haatu;989923 wrote:
"Aqoon waa maxay?
Waa waayo-aragnimo la ururshey
."

Found this interesting definition today. Do you agree?

If I understood it correctly (knowledge is the accumulation of experiences), then I agree with it in part. Maybe wisdom is the better term because there are many forms of knowledge, what life experience gives you is only a part.