Sign in to follow this  
Alpha Blondy

Alpha's Troll and Cantarbaqash Corner LOL

Safferz;989739 wrote:

lool yes Ethiopians and Eritreans are quite nationalist, but
Habesha is Habesha so I don't understand why it's offensive when they're still a shared ethnic/cultural group
. I get mistaken for Ethiopian on an almost daily basis but I don't get mad
:P

this is the same for Somalilanders and Somalians?

Safferz   

Alpha Blondy;989741 wrote:
this is the same for Somalilanders and Somalians?

No SL/Somalia is different because we are all ethnic Somalis for the most part, one ethnic group with one language whereas Habesha is more of a broad cultural grouping of various but related ethnicities that speak different Semitic languages ie. Amharic, Tigrigna, Guragigna and are primarily Christian. Most Ethiopians (Oromos, Somalis, etc) aren't Habesha but they've dominated power for so long that their culture has become synonymous with Ethiopian nationality :mad:

Safferz   

It does lool the instructor says my handwriting is good but I think he's just being nice :P I'm the only person in the intermediate class who doesn't come from an Amharic speaking family, so I feel like he's too easily impressed by my mediocrity lol. Still, my English handwriting is also incomprehensible so I'm just being consistent :)

Safferz   

Why not guess Boston University, MIT, UMass-Boston, Tufts, or any of the 50+ schools here? :P I can think of 2-3 other schools in the Boston area with African language offerings, including Somali :)

Khayr   

Saff is in community college.

You can get any course you like so long as you have the right amount of money. I wanted to teach Japenese one time but they

said that a black man as a Japenese teacher was a hard sell.

What a load of bs....I know -right?

Safferz;989768 wrote:
Why not guess Boston University, MIT, UMass-Boston, Tufts, or any of the 50+ schools here?
I can think of 2-3 other schools in the Boston area with African language offerings, including Somali
:)

You could be right Saff, but the metadata/exif/GPS data coordinates of that picture comes back to specific location.

Just for future references, if you are going to post a picture make sure the GPS is disabled on your iPad iOS7. Most image hosting sites don't strip that data.

Not Stalking....Just helping. :)

feeling Amharic too in the Horn, this African caweeys. :P

Saffz,

are you familiar with the Amharic genre of Tizita?

it's nostalgia music. i'm told Ethiopians, beneath their tough exterior, are sentimental beings. ma ruunba? :D

awesome tune.

Khayr;989770 wrote:
I wanted to teach Japenese one time but they said that a black man as a Japenese teacher was a hard sell. What a load of bs....I know -right?

oh yeah? :cool:

Safferz   

Nin-Yaaban;989772 wrote:
You could be right Saff, but the metadata/exif/GPS data coordinates of that picture comes back to specific location.

Just for future references, if you are going to post a picture make sure the GPS is disabled on your iPad iOS7. Most image hosting sites don't strip that data.

Not Stalking....Just helping.
:)

looool I did NOT know this! Just removed the pic, was it so precise to give my address or just a general area? Dang.

Safferz   

Alpha Blondy;989773 wrote:
feeling Amharic too in the Horn, this African caweeys.

Saffz,

are you familiar with the Amharic genre of
Tizita
?

it's nostalgia music. i'm told Ethiopians, beneath their tough exterior, are sentimental beings. ma ruunba?
:D

awesome tune.

I love tezeta and Ethio-jazz, especially Mahmoud Ahmed :)

Amharic exam was a breeze, alhamdulillah.