Sign in to follow this  
Alpha Blondy

Alpha's Troll and Cantarbaqash Corner LOL

Wadani;989629 wrote:
Haaji Cabdi Waraabe is the main pillar of peace in the northern Somali regions. This man has led a pious and peaceful life, and even forgave the killer of his own father after being sent by his clan with a rifle and a group of youth to get revenge. He not only forgave him but is now married to that mans daughter. He said in an interview the he never missed a prayer and has never committed zina in his entire 100 some odd years on this earth. He was also a proponent of education during the colonial era and was even sentenced to death at one point by the Sand-dweller Suldaan of the time who was a bitter enemy of the British, and who believed they would use these schools to prosetyize Somali children. Also, he has never taken part in clan wars or any camel raids, and said the only battles he's taken part in were defensive and to reclaim looted camels. Odaygu waa cajaaib wallahi.

exactly. which is why he's irrelevant in this social media 21st century.

Safferz   

Wadani;989629 wrote:
Haaji Cabdi Waraabe is the main pillar of peace in the northern Somali regions. This man has led a pious and peaceful life, and even forgave the killer of his own father after being sent by his clan with a rifle and a group of youth to get revenge. He not only forgave him but is now married to that mans daughter. He said in an interview the he never missed a prayer and has never committed zina in his entire 100 some odd years on this earth. He was also a proponent of education during the colonial era and was even sentenced to death at one point by the Sand-dweller Suldaan of the time who was a bitter enemy of the British, who believed they would use these schools to prosetyize Somali children. Also, he has never taken part in clan wars or any camel raids, and said the battles he's taken part in were defensive and to reclaim looted camels. Odaygu waa caajaaib wallahi.

I interviewed him once, and it's amazing how sharp and lucid his mind still is at his age. He also personally knew my great, great, great grandfather, which was hilarious to me (I'm guessing when he was young, he may have seen him in old age) :)

Wadani   

Safferz;989631 wrote:
I interviewed him once, and it's amazing how sharp and lucid his mind still is at his age. He also personally knew my great, great, great grandfather, which was hilarious to me (I'm guessing when he was young, he may have seen him in old age)
:)

U did? Goorma?

Safferz   

Wadani;989632 wrote:
U did? Goorma?

May 2012, I think... I wasn't there for research then but thought I'd do some interviews so I could have recordings of a few important people in case I decide to work on SL someday.

Safferz;989631 wrote:
I interviewed him once, and it's amazing how sharp and lucid his mind still is at his age. He also personally knew my great, great, great grandfather, which was hilarious to me (I'm guessing when he was young, he may have seen him in old age)

Abdi Warabe = Silsilada Guba veteran

Saffz = a descendant of the marriage treaties, following the Silsilada Guba war.

Safferz   

Alpha Blondy;989634 wrote:
Abdi Warabe = Silsilada Guba veteran

Saffz = a descendant of the marriage treaties, following the Silsilada Guba war.

Wrong, my mom is a modern feminista who proposed to my dad when they were both university students in Lebanon :P

Safferz   

Alpha Blondy;989637 wrote:
how wonderfully romantic.

Can we come up with something less pathetic to tell our children than we met on an internet forum? :P Maybe rewrite our first dates to something more respectable than qat, shisha and YouTube vids at your house too.

Safferz;989641 wrote:
Can we come up with something less pathetic to tell our children than we met on an internet forum?
:P
Maybe rewrite our first dates to something more respectable than qat, shisha and YouTube vids at your house too.

i don't know what to say. i'm lost for words.''our children''?

Maury Povich is still alive, somaha? :cool:

Safferz   

Alpha Blondy;989643 wrote:
i don't know what to say. i'm lost for words.''our children''?

Maury Povich is still alive, somaha? :cool:

Stop trying to be cool and play along dee :mad:

Wanaagsan oo Wacan Alpha.

Safferz, they teach Amharic in school now? That's so cool. I wish i could speak that language (and Spanish) since some of the most beautiful Xalimos in this area are from those places.

P.S. Many years ago, when i worked at this restaurant we got this couple who came in to pick up their order. And i asked them if they were from Ethiopia. LoL, the guy almost went off on me and said....'NO, I am from Eritrea, not Ethiopian'. So whenever i meet Ethiopians/Eritreans, i always ask 'em them where they are from before i continue on with 'em. :)

Safferz   

Nin-Yaaban;989736 wrote:
Wanaagsan oo Wacan Alpha.

Safferz, they teach Amharic in school now? That's so cool. I wish i could speak that language (and Spanish) since some of the most beautiful Xalimos in this area are from those places.

P.S. Many years ago, when i worked at this restaurant we got this couple who came in to pick up their order. And i asked them if they were from Ethiopia. LoL, the guy almost went off on me and said....'NO, I am from Eritrea, not Ethiopian'. So whenever i meet Ethiopians/Eritreans, i always ask 'em them where they are from before i continue on with 'em.

They don't teach it everywhere, my uni happens to have a very strong African languages program, you can even take Somali here :) I might take advanced Somali next semester if I can fit it in (grad students here are allowed to be one person classes), there's still a lot I have left to learn in Somali with technical language, oral literature, etc and the macalin is really good.

lool yes Ethiopians and Eritreans are quite nationalist, but Habesha is Habesha so I don't understand why it's offensive when they're still a shared ethnic/cultural group. I get mistaken for Ethiopian on an almost daily basis but I don't get mad :P

Safferz   

My cousin recently moved to Canada from Ethiopia, and he's currently experiencing his first winter ever, in Alberta of all places. He just posted this on Facebook:

"Two day non stop snow, Road, Air port was been closed.Vehicle sink in the snow.Waxaan maraka qarkod dhaha galo la cadabii ayaad u timiid.Sxb iso duceya."

Dead lool!!