Sign in to follow this  
Alpha Blondy

Alpha's Troll and Cantarbaqash Corner LOL

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH

Chinese made good are so USELESS

my new Chinese made backpack has malfunctioned. no wonder these phone-i phony goods were warned against. :P;)

Safferz   

Alpha Blondy;989405 wrote:
based on a single PM, miyaa?
:D
:p

If constantly begging me to come back over the last three days is "a single PM" then yes :P

Alpha Blondy;989182 wrote:
1459919_478173458967382_65496877_n.jpg

War Degdega.....wafti ka socda xisgia UCID oo uu hogaaminayo musharax Jamal Ali Husein oo saaka u kicitamay gobolka gabiley ayay dawladu u diiday inay galaan gebilay Ilaa haatana waxay ku xaniban yihiin kaantaroolka caabudla

1464763_10203181410715196_1600277158_n.j

Haatu   

Al, I just found out today that Somali songs have a meter which they adhere to like all other forms of poetry. I never knew that before.

Haatu;989560 wrote:
Al, I just found out today that Somali songs have a meter which they adhere to like all other forms of poetry. I never knew that before.

i didn't know that, abti. thanks.

here's a little interesting fact........koala bears never drink water. they get fluids from the eucalyptus leaves they eat. :P

more interesting facts: http://uselessfacts.net/category/facts-of-the-day/

Safferz;989581 wrote:
Did you know most koalas have chlamydia?

is that contractible? somewhat concerning, maha?

check this interesting fact.......................Koalas are solitary animals that typically have a certain territory. Males mark this with a scent gland that they rub against trees.

by the way i'm a quiz master. i've watched so many quiz shows. once applied for Mastermind.

is there a way for us to challenge each other fairly without cheating? general topics?

Haatu   

Alpha Blondy;989579 wrote:
i didn't know that, abti. thanks.

here's a little interesting fact........koala bears never drink water. they get fluids from the eucalyptus leaves they eat.
:P

more interesting facts:

Anytime. One of my hobbies is researching all things Somali. I would love to do the same thing Safferz does but for Somali but alas we make do with what we have.

Talking about quizes, did you know I know nearly every capital city by heart? I've forgotten a few now but when we were kids me and my siblings would entertain ourselves by playing geography games.

PS: Another interesting fact, the fourth night/day is called Foocaar. The person who is born on that day is said to be handsome/beautiful and will have lots of offspring. Tallow which of us was born on the 4th of a month? :P

Safferz   

Nothing against Aussies, Khayr :P I'd love to visit sometime but from Boston, I'd be looking at 20+ hours of flying (I believe Sydney is a 14 hour flight from LA), and I can't stand being in the air that long. The 14 hours from here to the Horn is more than enough :)

Alpha Blondy;989584 wrote:
is that contractible? somewhat concerning, maha?

check this interesting fact.......................Koalas are solitary animals that typically have a certain territory. Males mark this with a scent gland that they rub against trees.

by the way i'm a quiz master. i've watched so many quiz shows. once applied for Mastermind.

is there a way for us to challenge each other fairly without cheating? general topics?

I don't think humans can contract it from them, but apparently it's a huge issue and contributes to their decreasing population.

I'd *love* to beat you in trivia Alpha, I don't think there's any way to ensure no cheating if we find a quiz online to compare our scores, but you have my promise that I won't google anything I don't know? How about we pick one of the quizzes from Sporcle?

Cadale   

Apophis;989591 wrote:
I actually I saw the elephants today and they were [actually] defending each other.

did u know elephants sleep 2 hrs a day.

source:uselessfacts.net

Safferz   

Haatu;989587 wrote:
Anytime. One of my hobbies is researching all things Somali. I would love to do the same thing Safferz does but for Somali but alas we make do with what we have.

Why not study linguistics, Haatu? Martin Orwin is at SOAS, you know :)

Haatu   

Safferz;989596 wrote:
Why not study linguistics, Haatu?
is at SOAS, you know
:)

I've seen the courses they offer and I would love to study there but a degree in Somali won't feed a family :D

Safferz   

Haatu;989598 wrote:
I've seen the courses they offer and I would love to study there but a degree in Somali won't feed a family
:D

I disagree completely Haatu, UK has a horrible economy for all degrees, at least as a linguist (or anthropologist, another area SOAS is great at and would allow you to study culture as well) you'd be doing something you love and contributing to knowledge about Somalia/Somalis, which is something we desperately need. A doctorate in particular (which are super short in the UK, 3 years I believe) would open up a number of other career opportunities, and chances are a job in academia will mean a better income than what you have in mind now. Plus there's always opportunities to be a basaas back home for your foreign government, like SP :P I just think it's a shame to see a kid who is clearly passionate about a certain subject and has the intellectual curiosity to do it professionally worry about feeding his hypothetical family and end up studying something else!