Sign in to follow this  
Alpha Blondy

Alpha's Troll and Cantarbaqash Corner LOL

Safferz   

Tallaabo;981450 wrote:
They are only better due to the vast endowments and wealth they have:( But when you look at the value for money spend, the British institution with their meagre resources do much better;)

Those were just a few obvious examples I gave to show how the list is distorted in the UK's favour, but even public universities like UC Berkeley are superior to UCL and Imperial :rolleyes:

Ciid wanaagsan everyone :)

Safferz;981460 wrote:
Those were just a few obvious examples I gave to show how the list is distorted in the UK's favour, but even public universities like UC Berkeley are superior to UCL and Imperial :rolleyes:

inabti,

stop being a snob. you're not impressing anyone, ma garatay?

Safferz   

Alpha Blondy;981464 wrote:
inabti,

stop being a snob. you're not impressing anyone, ma garatay?

No, why don't you stop being butthurt by the fact your school isn't even in the top 100 :mad:

Safferz   

SomaliPhilosopher;981466 wrote:
^^^ you are hurting your case dee

interesting blog post i came across

Happy Eid y'all!

Interesting read... I've wondered about this before, since I don't wear hijab or believe in what it symbolizes but I do cover during prayers. The difference to me is I don't feel sexualized by the hijab during prayer (someone can correct me on this, but I believe it's recommended that Muslim men cover their heads during salat as well, the idea is to humble yourself before God and dress modestly in His presence), but the hijab in everyday life is about your relations with other people (horizontal rather than vertical, as it would be with prayers/God), suppressing the female body and sexuality in public space because of the male gaze.

Haatu   

SP, sometimes when we overthink things we create problems for ourselves. Many things we just accept at face value because it just isn't worth the hassle and you never know where it can lead you. This is one of those cases.

Ciid wanaagsan dhammaan. I was volunteering at the mosque today and my xaqqul ciid from them was a bowl of suqaar with moofo. Couldn't get any better :D

Wadani   

Safferz;981468 wrote:
Interesting read... I've wondered about this before, since I don't wear hijab or believe in what it symbolizes but I do cover during prayers. The difference to me is I don't feel sexualized by the hijab during prayer (someone can correct me on this, but I believe it's recommended that Muslim men cover their heads during salat as well, the idea is to humble yourself before God and dress modestly in His presence), but the hijab in everyday life is about your relations with other people (horizontal rather than vertical, as it would be with prayers/God), suppressing the female body and sexuality in public space because of the male gaze.

It's not only about other people since it was ordained by God and will effect your relationship with him. But I do see what you're getting at. Let's put aside the fact that Hijab is a commandment from Illaahay (which you've already done)...we then would have to judge the merits of women covering/not covering in public based on the social effects that are borne out of each condition. The Quran is clear in explaining the functional purpose behind covering; namely so that Muslim women will be known (known as chaste/modest) and so that they will not be annoyed/harrased by this ubiquitious male gaze u speak of lol. But since we now live in a vapid and decadent society where vice has become virtue people do not value chastity and modesty and thus cannot see the utility in the hijab serving as a marker for such women (not always an accurate marker ofcourse). And as for it's second function, feminists suffer from a dissonance of sorts....they want to dress as they please and become sexually 'free', yet become filled with indignation when men (read men whom they are not lusting after lol) 'objectify' them as a result.

Safferz;981465 wrote:
No, why don't you stop being butthurt by the fact your school isn't even in the top 100 :mad:

iska amuus. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

you've almost ruined my eid celebratory mood with you nasty rancid attack against my person. sinjiyadada waxaa ku sameey eh...............i'm still clever than you. you don't even know where i went to school. i went to school of life, ma garatay?

fadlan sheeg the following.....

1. sinjigaaga

2. diintaada

3. dhalashaada

4. fikirkaaga siyaasadeed

5. dowlada dalkaaga hooyo

6. your university ama it's QS rating

adigo mudane, inabti? :o

Cadale   

Alpha Blondy;981475 wrote:
iska amuus. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

you've almost ruined my eid celebratory mood with you nasty rancid attack against my person. sinjiyadada waxaa ku sameey eh...............i'm still clever than you. you don't even know where i went to school. i went to school of life, ma garatay?

fadlan sheeg the following.....

1. sinjigaaga

2. diintaada

3. dhalashaada

4. fikirkaaga siyaasadeed

5. dowlada dalkaaga hooyo

6. your university ama it's QS rating

adigo
mudane
, inabti?
:o

:confused:

it's 'Mudan' alpha, 'Mudane' has a completely different meaning it means'Mr'. I cannot believe you actually reside in dalkii hooyo. Uff