Sign in to follow this  
Alpha Blondy

Alpha's Troll and Cantarbaqash Corner LOL

Safferz   

SomaliPhilosopher;981334 wrote:
:eek: *Gasp*.... you invited me to Toronto, but I guess that was the past...duly noted

I suppose meeting you in Asmara or Djibouti is the same idea, isn't it? Fair enough :P

Haatu   

SomaliPhilosopher;981327 wrote:
Hey Alpha or Haatu, do you need two years of A-levels to begin uni? or is one years, the As levels sufficient?

You need full A levels but there are other routes e.g. BTECs, access courses etc.

As for your question from the other thread, the British identity is a tool I use to further my goals, nothing more. I feel little affinity to this country although I am grateful for what it has given me. After getting my degree and some experience, I plan to leave inshallah.

Haatu   

SomaliPhilosopher;981343 wrote:
So full A levels are two years? And is it the same to apply for American universities? Thanks

Cool. What r u planning to study btw

It's two full years. The application process is all online and takes place through UCAS. You apply Sep-Jan the year BEFORE you want to start e.g. apply now for Sep 2014 start.

I'm planning to study something health related inshallah. Exactly what depends on what offers I get.

SomaliPhilosopher;981327 wrote:
Hey Alpha or Haatu, do you need two years of A-levels to begin uni? or is one years, the As levels sufficient?

this is what i said to Haatu almost 6 months ago re A Levels, abti.........:P

Alpha Blondy;917131 wrote:
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL@Haatu-oow,

saxib, your life is not short of fun, ma istidhi?
:D

there i was thinking you're just a regular 18 year old but you're NOT! are you? you're a fashion-conscious consumerist teenager. the type who epitomises the London riots of 2011, the feral type without community values, the type obsessed with materialist objects whose empty pockets fail to kick-start the economic revival predicated by analyst in these austerity and debt-ridden times. your long essay LOL and its description really reeks of teenage tantrums and a life severely starved of disposable cash to spend on new shoes. but, nonetheless, due to environmental factors are able to squeeze the last remaining drops of value from every single pound so as to best maximise a basic social life, if that.
:P

just as you are now in 2013, i was doing my A2's in 2003 and life in those days offered some semblance of hope. it was very different from the hard prospects that face your generation now. in those early days of new labour, Alpha's life was very different from yours. i wasn't fashion obsessed nor had much of a social life, to be quite frank. i was serious student, engrossed by my A Levels (Geography, Politics, Economics and GS) at the reputed Woodhouse College, no doubt. i was very luckily to be accepted at this prestigious college and i didn't disappoint in achieving the grades i'd set out for. LOOOOL.....NOT!

it'll be approaching 10 years, by the time you complete your A2's, to the day i had completed sixth form college. in those A2 days, Al looked forward to uni and knew very much of the what lied ahead. a new life beckoned at University and i didnt waste time in throwing myself at its deep end LOOOL. this was where i grew, as i'm sure you'll come to grow too. in uni, everything changed, the old glad-rags and the bookworm rims were out of the window. instead came in the newer refined Al, who, as though, he'd gone through Matthew Kelly's Star's In Their Eyes changing room, metamorphed into an A-list celebrity. amazing times and i've got the pictures to prove it too....
:D
:p

LOOOOOOOOOOOL

:cool:

SomaliPhilosopher;981343 wrote:
So full A levels are two years? And is it the same to apply for American universities? Thanks

the Conservatives, under it's radical education minister Michael Gove, are planning to introduce ''American style'' education system to the UK. i've hear A Levels will be scrapped and secondary school will last until 18 years of age. i'm not sure of this policy, you know. A Levels are useful for transitioning folks from being children to young adults (i felt the difference). very soon the UK will adopt other symbols of the American education system like proms, class valedictorian and pop quizzes and an examination system that continually churns out ignorant and linear-thinking zealots. cool:

Safferz   

SomaliPhilosopher;981349 wrote:
I see. Do gcse grades matter for uni or is it mainly a levels that r factored. Thanks haatu

Why so curious about requirements for enrolling in British universities SP? *raises eyebrow*

logged in from outside the veranda of Al's Residence Estate. it's sunny and it feels good.

it's eid eve in the nation's capital. at 4:30PM i will visit the orphanage and deliver my yearly treats to the kids. think of me as the SL Santa....:P:D......at 6:30PM i will buy my eid clothes. a macawis and a shirt.

3 day holiday plus the weekend....= 5 days y'all. it's going to be awesome. :)

Safferz;981359 wrote:
Why so curious about requirements for enrolling in British universities SP? *raises eyebrow*

oo wayoow not, inabti?

american universities are shit. we all know that..... ee naga daa xayeeysiiska, dee.

Haatu   

SomaliPhilosopher;981349 wrote:
I see. Do gcse grades matter for uni or is it mainly a levels that r factored. Thanks haatu

They're not that important as long as English/Maths are grade B (and some courses grade C). You generally need 5 GCSEs at A*-C.

Safferz   

Alpha Blondy;981389 wrote:
oo wayoow not, inabti?

american universities are shit. we all know that..... ee naga daa xayeeysiiska, dee.

American universities are the best in the world. On the other hand, only Oxbridge can compete with North American institutions. I actually wanted to go to Cambridge for undergrad but I didn't have that kind of money :(