Sign in to follow this  
Alpha Blondy

Alpha's Troll and Cantarbaqash Corner LOL

^what a pleasant surprise to see even Narniah here. i know we've had our difference in the past but i'm glad you were able to overcome them lol.

as for your question, i think it means nonsense.

------

today was awesome. i had a date. i even wore my khamis and that yassar arafat thing. it wasn't the most pleasant of dates and i don't think i'll be seeing her again. Narniah, perhaps you can shed light on these matters as you've previously been successful.

Alpha Blondy;886879 wrote:
lol@Apo

abdi nuur allale is in hargeisa and my friend is organising a small qaci party for a select few at his pad.... promising jeudi soir tonight!

''abdi'' as he insisted on being called is really Great. this man is conscious of the role artists play in the rehabilitation of a post-conflict society. he informed me that artists have always played a non-partisan role in society - they care not for the usual spiel of tribe, clan and qabil. he's very sociable. at around 7:15pm, we were watching SLNTV and a rather poorly orchestrated advert came on advertising a show with Abdi as the headlining act and apparently, unbeknownst to Abdi and his entourage, this was transmitted without his and their consent. but, of course, being the socially responsible artist, probably the last of his generation, he quick left as he didn't want to disappoint his expectant fans. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

Apo,

i was shocked to say the least walahi....the show was organised by the daughters of the legendary cumar dhule....but the blame was not put on the 'organisers' but some sly middlemen whose intention it was to purposely destroy the sharaf of 'Abdi'. even at the very top, it seems that the mistrust, suspicious tendencies and lack of trust in anyone or anything is dangerously malignant. i'm really affected by the broken social fabric in somaliland, particularly after my recent realisation, that the key to progress is stable social relations and belief in authority.

Apo,

modernity doesnt necessarily equate to progress in the physical and human form both. things always remain the same but the only thing that changes is time. Africa and Somaliland must be able to self-evaluate, reflect and begin the changes they feel necessary to get them to their chosen trajectory. we cannot surely expect to impose prescribed doctrines, empty rhetoric and use the so-called 'one gloves fits all hands' analogy dee and see dramatic results so soon. buzz words are an attempt by post-modernist so called experts to explain reality. i'm a little shocked and quite frankly disappointed to see someone whom i'm consider as a close and indeed personal friend to use such terms, without context, without purpose and used wholly across the board.

Mario B   

Apophis;887537 wrote:
I didn't want to say this before, as I know you will surely reject it; the root of all the ills of the continent, even below the lack of morals, is religion. African society will not move an inch forward as long as religion has a strangle hold on it. This beast influences and corrupts all society at all levels. Religion needs to be separated from society, followed by the separation of morality from religion. This will lead to the social revolution everyone in the continent feels is needed but can't quite figure out how to bring it about. My 2 shillings.

Indoctrination, what a terrible thing!! I was waiting to see how long it will take before you turned this thread into one of your anti-theist rants. What evil does religion promote in Africa? from all the ills of the continent ie Corruption, torture, rape [ Congo, Somalia etc], police brutality, genocide, piracy, terrorism, illiteracy, disease, poverty, billions hidden in Swiss accounts by African leaders, dictatorships, tribalism, nepotism, lack of sanitation and poor hygiene [ that causes 90% of illnesses], Xenophobia and racism [ Somalis in SA and Libya], etc, etc!

Now should Africa starve when it has about 60% worlds arable land, given that only 5% of it utilised, who can we blame for our hunger when we have all this land?

Now look at this the tragedy of Africa...now that Al-shaabab [ an extremist group] has vacated Kismayu and we have this 'enlighten Somali' [Abtigiis] who isn't happy with the President calling for clan mobilisation so that we can dethrone him and in the process create clan hostility/warfare just when we are turning a corner. I mean, isn't there any peaceful way of solving our problem that doesn't involve the use of a barrel of a gun, everytime there is a crisis, wether real or perceived!?

You maybe an atheist who has freed himself from the "shackle of religion", but this past few days you have demonstrated deep down that you're just another 'primitive African'. You're a classic case of a pot calling a kettle black.:D Now if you want me to take you seriously then tell this insubordinate servant [link below] of the Republic to apologise to the President. :)

http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/ngm/photo-contest/2011/entries/77434/view/

Malika   

Mario B;887580 wrote:
Indoctrination, what a terrible thing!! I was waiting to see how long it will take before you turned this thread into one of your anti-theist rants. What evil does religion promote in Africa? from all the ills of the continent ie Corruption, torture, rape [ Congo, Somalia etc], police brutality, genocide, piracy, terrorism, illiteracy, disease, poverty, billions hidden in Swiss accounts by African leaders, dictatorships, tribalism, nepotism, lack of sanitation and poor hygiene [ that causes 90% of illnesses], Xenophobia and racism [ Somalis in SA and Libya], etc, etc!

Now should Africa starve when it has about 60% worlds arable land, given that only 5% of it utilised, who can we blame for our hunger when we have all this land?

Now look at this the tragedy of Africa...now that Al-shaabab [ an extremist group] has vacated Kismayu and we have this 'enlighten Somali' [Abtigiis] who isn't happy with the President calling for clan mobilisation so that we can dethrone him and in the process create clan hostility/warfare just when we are turning a corner. I mean, isn't there any peaceful way of solving our problem that doesn't involve the use of a barrel of a gun, everytime there is a crisis, wether real or perceived!?

You maybe an atheist who has freed himself from the "shackle of religion", but this past few days you have demonstrated deep down that you're just another 'primitive African'. You're a classic case of a pot calling a kettle black.
:D
Now if you want me to take you seriously then tell this insubordinate servant [link below] of the Republic to apologise to the President.
:)

This deserved a standing ovation - a sticky!! clap, clap, clap.....

ps. Sorry Alpha, didnt mean to gate crush your thread.

apo, please try to limit the level of intellectualism on this thread. SOL is not a place you discuss serious issues these days.

i've seen the clip before and its nuts walahi......LOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

couple of things on my mind.

1. the quality of khat in hargeisa is becoming atrocious and i'm not sure how it will take before i revert back to fujis, the more expensive and premium quality stuff - now that jabis season is almost at an end . its absolutely shocking to say the least of how i'm utterly disappointed with the quality of khat these days. you can't even have a decent session without throwing away 78% of the leaves because of their hardness. as a khat connoisseur and someone who really values the source and methods through which my bunch are harvested, packaged and delivered, i'm convinced there are serious supply chain issues. i spend a rather small chunk of my monthly salary on khat and its only fair that my grievances are addressed immediately. at this rate, i will not compromise my paradigm of virtue insofar as khat is concerned and settle for these bad quality leaves.

2. i successfully received a response to a job i applied for. it was quite speculative to be honest and i was really surprised to see a response so soon. its in the D.R.C Congo and with the UNHCR and highly paid too. its been my dream to work in conflict prone regions around the world and i think i'll have to give serious considerations to this tempting offer.

apo, please try to limit the level of intellectualism on this thread. SOL is not a place you discuss serious issues these days.

i've seen the clip before and its nuts walahi......LOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

couple of things on my mind.

1. the quality of khat in hargeisa is becoming atrocious and i'm not sure how it will take before i revert back to fujis, the more expensive and premium quality stuff - now that jabis season is almost at an end . its absolutely shocking to say the least of how i'm utterly disappointed with the quality of khat these days. you can't even have a decent session without throwing away 78% of the leaves because of their hardness. as a khat connoisseur and someone who really values the source and methods through which my bunch are harvested, packaged and delivered, i'm convinced there are serious supply chain issues. i spend a rather small chunk of my monthly salary on khat and its only fair that my grievances are addressed immediately. at this rate, i will not compromise my paradigm of virtue insofar as khat is concerned and settle for these bad quality leaves.

2. i successfully received a response to a job i applied for. it was quite speculative to be honest and i was really surprised to see a response so soon. its in the D.R.C Congo and with the UNHCR and highly paid too. its been my dream to work in conflict prone regions around the world and i think i'll have to give serious considerations to this tempting offer.

Mario B   

Apophis;887611 wrote:
Yes, why don't we change the topic from what we were discussing to something you want to discuss; not subtle at all. Religion corrupts and is the root of all evil because it doesn't allow morality to evolve with time as necessary. If people wish to have private "faith" that's entirely up to them but society should nt be held hostage by ideals and "truths" set thousands of years ago.

No I didn't change the topic, it's you who introduces your visceral loathing of theists into every thread. Being a polemic, I'm surprised your audacity to use the word 'subtle' in your above comment. We all know from your claim that you're an atheist, no need to remind us on every occasion, you have already told us. :) Now why don't you take your own advice and keep your 'lack faith' private and stop ruining people's thread with trolling.

Sorry, AB.

Mario B   

Apophis;887926 wrote:
And FYI; read the title of the thread before accusing me of trolling. At this point I would offer the advice of "open your eyes" but I fear it maybe redundant as there is nothing behind the lids LOL. But nevertheless, try it.

Yes, this is AB's trolling thread, not yours. It also does not give you the permission to insult him or his faith, that is just bad manners.:) You're a guest in this thread, it's time you showed some decorum.:D

Narniah   

Alpha Blondy;887445 wrote:
^what a pleasant surprise to see even Narniah here. i know we've had our difference in the past but i'm glad you were able to overcome them lol.

as for your question, i think it means nonsense.

------

today was awesome. i had a date. i even wore my khamis and that yassar arafat thing. it wasn't the most pleasant of dates and i don't think i'll be seeing her again. Narniah, perhaps you can shed light on these matters as you've previously been successful.

I don't carry around grudges alpha.:)

You had a date and wore a khamis lol ....What went wrong? Hmm I hope you didn't annoy her too much.:P

Lol @ I've been successful, Joka. I'm actually quite clueless.

Good to hear you had a nice day and are over your flu.