Sign in to follow this  
Xaaji Xunjuf

Edna Adan Ismail: a Somali inspiration

LANDER   

Aaliyyah;875392 wrote:
You demand from people to respect Edna despite her degrading clannish remarks because you state the northern culture calls for respect toward elders. By the same token you decided to insult Oba’s whole line of ancestors with your statement “his entire ancestry cannot hope to have accomplished a quarter of what Edna has done”. So you have studied thoroughly all Oba’s ancestors and know for a fact that they combined through many generations have accomplished nothing close to your Edna? You want to take the liberty to insult others but you want to hold those from your clan on a pedestal. Being from the North myself I don’t know where in the north they practice that one-sided respect.So let me educate you the Somali culture calls for respect toward elders regardless of their clan affiliation. However, someone like Edna who put herself in a spotlight and decided to demean and degrade her fellow Somalis publicly then whatever people call her it is something she asked for.

What degrading clan remarks please share with us? Did she insult your clan or other clans? As a humanitarian, care giver and diplomat most people's ancestory cannot hope to have accomplished on the scale of what this woman has done for all Somalis in the last four decades if it hurts you or Oba I could care less. Your the one delving into clan matters when this woman's accomplishments transcend all of that. She told you Mo Farah is a Somalilander and hails from XYZ clan so what? she spoke truth does that mean she is degrading other Somalis by default? The man carries a Somaliland flag and it causes a fit for a whole lotta blue flag carriers, they try to pin all of that on Edna, their insecurities and political hoopla has nothing to do with this accomplished woman or the runner for that matter. Now you want to angle in with your myopic tribal/political views about there is no difference between northern and southern somali cultures? If you choose to be blind to them Mashallah, all the power to you walahi one would hope it is in a positive manner your doing this so as to focus on what we have in common culturally versus how we're different. But that would be pure fantasy when it comes to your reasoning isn't it? :D On one hand you constantly advocate tribe, formant disunity with your next door neighbors and cannot even stomach sharing power with them in Somaliland and on the other you hold the hypocritical view that all somalis should unite. You can't have your cake and eat it too, if you need to sort out your own principals that's on you, but it has nothing to do with Edna Aden I assure you.

Jamelia   

LANDER;875165 wrote:
A humanitarian and real Somalilander is what Edna is Mashallah. She doesn't make excuses for being a Somalilander unlike you which is quite unfortunate XX. When some random like Oba (who problably reads at a 5th grade level) disrespects one of our most prominent elders you manage to make excuses for her being a Somalilander? How about explaining to this reer konfureed that in Northern culture we don't talk so loosely about our elders especially ones to whom the nation owes a debt of gratitude. Wax kala danbeyn la yidha aya wadan keena jira. A nobody who's entire ancestory cannot hope to have accomplished a quarter of what Edna has done doesn't open his mouth and talk wrecklesslly where I come from. For he will be chastised by others. At the time of her speech Al-Shabab ruled most of Somalia and the most profitable business men of Somalia happened to be the Pirates, I suppose truth does hurt but that is not Edna's problem!

Bahasha dhuuxa bey kaa gashey, ilaahey ha kuu caafiyo. Amiin dheh.

Aaliyyah   

LANDER;875536 wrote:
What degrading clan remarks please share with us? Did she insult your clan or other clans? As a humanitarian, care giver and diplomat most people's ancestory cannot hope to have accomplished on the scale of what this woman has done for all Somalis in the last four decades if it hurts you or Oba I could care less. Your the one delving into clan matters when this woman's accomplishments transcend all of that. She told you Mo Farah is a Somalilander and hails from XYZ clan so what? she spoke truth does that mean she is degrading other Somalis by default? The man carries a Somaliland flag and it causes a fit for a whole lotta blue flag carriers, they try to pin all of that on Edna, their insecurities and political hoopla has nothing to do with this accomplished woman or the runner for that matter. Now you want to angle in with your myopic tribal/political views about there is no difference between northern and southern somali cultures? If you choose to be blind to them Mashallah, all the power to you walahi one would hope it is in a positive manner your doing this so as to focus on what we have in common culturally versus how we're different. But that would be pure fantasy when it comes to your reasoning isn't it?
:D
On one hand you constantly advocate tribe, formant disunity with your next door neighbors and cannot even stomach sharing power with them in Somaliland and on the other you hold the hypocritical view that all somalis should unite. You can't have your cake and eat it too, if you need to sort out your own principals that's on you, but it has nothing to do with Edna Aden I assure you.

Her painting of all Somalis with one brush as terrorists and pirates while disassociating her clan from it clearly had a clannish brand to it. Her political aspiration and humanitarian achievement for her one-clan state Somaliland does not give her the allowance to ignorantly lump all Somalis of other clans as “alshabab or pirates”.

With that being said, let me now turn to you. Lander, you are falling into the same pit hole of ignorant generalization as your Edna. You went from insulting Oba’s ancestors in your first comment to insulting all ancestors of any kind in your second post with your comment “most people’s ancestory cannot hope to have accomplished on the scale of what this woman”. Let me educate you again, Somalis have produced many outstanding figures throughout history and I am positive Oba’s ancestors contributed. There is also current still living Somalis who are doing an excellent humanitarian work and other kind of works as well. I highly recommend that you do a more thorough research since you seem oblivious and have a very constricted outlook on other Somalis achievements.

“Formant disunity with your neighbors”….and “advocating for tribalism” pins you to the T. As for my stomach it is quite delighted with having Mugadishu as my nations’ capital city. So yes I can not stomach being lumped with secessionists. Reer Waqooyi Galbeed can not call for separatism, hating on unity between Somalis, all the while desiring to target certain clan neighbors into Somaliland’s diabolical nonsense. They can not have it both ways. Quite frankly, that would be a display of a staggering playground mentality.

Lastly, I did not know there was a difference between Reer Konfur and Reer Waqooyi regarding respect of elders. Please enlighten me of any differences between us Somalis with regards to that.

P.S I am happy with my cake and will happily eat it too with my fellow Somalis who support unity and Somaliweyn. Oba and his ancestors will gladly join me :D

Aaliyyah ninkaan Lander ha uu bixin let him continue with his bacaaaaaaaaaaaaac, i can continue my discussion with the likes of Xaaji,Ngonge and the rest but this dude is just a hater and thus not worth my time.Adigana wakhtigaaga haku Khasaaranin noocaan oo kale.

Why is thread is still going Edna doesn't need your recognition, she already received international awards and it is clear we don't share same hero's Sayid Mohamed who killed thousands and insult all tribes is your hero, Edna who saved thousands of mothers and children is our Hero.

Waxa la yaable Caaliyadan siyaasadu madaxmartay ee aan arkayn intay xaawolay haween wax u qabatay.

Narniah   

Maarodi;875195 wrote:
This is a woman all Somalis could've been proud of, but qabilist tendencies got the best of her. I was expecting better however I guess qabil gets the best of all of us subhanAllah.

It's quite disappointing to say the least. I wasn't expecting that from someone like her, but it just goes to show she's no different really. She pays allegiance to her tribe and not her country. We could do without that. So it's no loss really.

Mario B   

Wiil Cusub;875616 wrote:
Why is thread is still going Edna doesn't need your recognition, she already received international awards and it is clear
we don't share same hero's Sayid Mohamed
who killed thousands and insult all tribes is your hero, Edna who saved thousands of mothers and children is our Hero.

Waxa la yaable Caaliyadan siyaasadu madaxmartay ee aan arkayn intay xaawolay haween wax u qabatay.

If you can forgive the British who killed thousands in their quest for our colonisation, i hope you can forgive the certain individual.

Maarodi   

Mario B;875621 wrote:
If you can forgive the British
who killed thousands
in their quest for
our
colonisation, i hope you can forgive the certain individual.

(emphasis mine)

As logic would dictate.

LANDER   

Aaliyyah;875589 wrote:
Her painting of all Somalis with one brush as terrorists and pirates while disassociating her clan from it clearly had a clannish brand to it. Her political aspiration and humanitarian achievement for her one-clan state Somaliland does not give her the allowance to ignorantly lump all Somalis of other clans as “alshabab or pirates”.

With that being said, let me now turn to you. Lander, you are falling into the same pit hole of ignorant generalization as your Edna. You went from insulting Oba’s ancestors in your first comment to insulting all ancestors of any kind in your second post with your comment “most people’s ancestory cannot hope to have accomplished on the scale of what this woman”. Let me educate you again, Somalis have produced many outstanding figures throughout history and I am positive Oba’s ancestors contributed. There is also current still living Somalis who are doing an excellent humanitarian work and other kind of works as well. I highly recommend that you do a more thorough research since you seem oblivious and have a very constricted outlook on other Somalis achievements.

“Formant disunity with your neighbors”….and “advocating for tribalism” pins you to the T. As for my stomach it is quite delighted with having Mugadishu as my nations’ capital city. So yes I can not stomach being lumped with secessionists. Reer Waqooyi Galbeed can not call for separatism, hating on unity between Somalis, all the while desiring to target certain clan neighbors into Somaliland’s diabolical nonsense. They can not have it both ways. Quite frankly, that would be a display of a staggering playground mentality.

Lastly, I did not know there was a difference between Reer Konfur and Reer Waqooyi regarding respect of elders. Please enlighten me of any differences between us Somalis with regards to that.

P.S I am happy with my cake and will happily eat it too with my fellow Somalis who support unity and Somaliweyn. Oba and his ancestors will gladly join me
:D

lol@happy with cake, what a somali you struggle with that one too eh.

Until very recently Somalia was predominantly ruled by Al-Shabab and Pirates roamed the seas freely taking in absurd amounts of cash which made them king makers. Calling Al-shabab terrorists and barbarians is nothing short of speaking the truth. The real problem you simpletons have is that she's advocating for Somaliland and was painting a contrast between Somaliland and what was happening in Somalia at the time. You want to make up lies and call her a tribalist and disrespecting all somalis, you guys are shameless. When your refugees come north to us this woman helps feeds them, shelter them and care for the expecting mothers who can't afford proper care. In international forums she asks for help caring for the thousands of 'IDPs' located inside Somaliland. Your a bunch ingrats who base all your judgements on hear say and waxa la yidhi, grow up, open your eyes and learn about the greater world out there outside of your gossip channels and silly websites.

P.S. This is not necessarily aimed at you Aaliyah but all those others who are loosely making judgement on Edna Aden, a woman who's words and actions they hardly know and understand.

Khadafi   

Qalad qof ma ka dhicikaro ? Come on macsuumin yaanan lis ka dhigin

Ednas clannish remarks were sad and I hope that the lady doesnt sink into those murky waters, her remarks made me really go" meeshaas ha tagin,,, and made me some what confused, why would an respcted old somali lady go publick and trash her own somali brothers infront of eurpoeans? But many thousands of somali children have been nourished through her materinity hospital

I think no somali is hidden from the green clan-monster we have in our selves , sometimes it jumps and hurls its monsterish green remarks, I am the first to say that I sometimes train this green monster to be quit in some situations.

Marka Habartaaani ha liska dhaafo.

Mario B   

Xaaji Xunjuf;875849 wrote:
^^ She didn't even mention a qabil how are her remarks clanish ma iyadaad afkeeda ka maqashay reer hebel ba sidaas iyo reer hebel ba sidaas ah.

What motivates her if not naked tribalism. Here you have a Somali woman without shame castigating her fellow Somalis who are victim of terrorism, piracy and famine. Instead of calling for the world to come to the rescue of her fellow humans, here she is actually campaigning for their abandonment. Thank God, rizk isn't in her hand...what a sad creature!