Sign in to follow this  
Xaaji Xunjuf

Edna Adan Ismail: a Somali inspiration

Don't forget she is women at age of grandmother and she drive politics like the way every granma talks to her disappointment of one of her grandchildren "Qayrkii ka hadhaad tahay aan waxba qabsanayn oo meesha jiifa" ama "naf ma lihid wax ma tare yahow" imisay kugu tidhi ayaydaa ama hooyadaa iyadoo is leh ha dadaalo. I am sure that she loves more than every body that Mogdisho goes well.

Stoic you are correct i do not think she hates any one her choosing her words slightly wiser would've been a bit better. How ever i can understand she is not angry at the poor masses in Somalia. But rather frustrated with the international community those angry words were indirectly directed to the international community. Another point is Edna is from the older generation she lived under Colonial Somaliland she witnessed Somaliland gaining independence from Britain she and her husband carried out the union but she regrets the union not back than but now and she kinda feels guilty when explaining to the younger generation of Somaliland that it was her and her generation that buried the Somaliland statehood. So when ever she kicks against Somalia its not personal she just feels sick that she made a bad mistake a few decades ago and that mistake is still hunting her. I believe when Somaliland is recognized she will sing this song and dedicate it to Somalia and the people of Somalia.

Wiil Cusub;874887 wrote:
Don't forget she is women at age of grandmother and she drive politics like the way every granma talks to her disappointment of one of her grandchildren "Qayrkii ka hadhaad tahay aan waxba qabsanayn oo meesha jiifa" ama "naf ma lihid wax ma tare yahow" imisay kugu tidhi ayaydaa ama hooyadaa iyadoo is leh ha dadaalo. I am sure that she loves more than every body that Mogdisho goes well.

Wiil cusub ayeeyda maxay ku canaanatay:D

Yunis   

So this profile piece suppose show her human side miyaa? - when she finds out there is no *land in the tittle, her toxic anger will re-ignite again.

Xaaji Xunjuf;874862 wrote:
I know but that's politics , she than speaking as a politician and it can sometimes come over as very coarse. Not as Edna the woman that takes care of the sick in her hospital or the edna who opens clinics and betters the health situation of Somali Woman.

When she degrades her fellow Somalis in front of foreigners, then she's a lunatic woman.

No self-respecting Somali would ever call Somalis "a bunch of terrorists and pirates" in front of a group of European journalists. In the eyes of Westerners, all Somalis are the same, regardless of Qabiil or whether they're from "Somaliland" or "Somalia".

Do you ever hear of the Swiss President calling Germans "terrorists" and "murderers"? ...Do you hear of the Japanese call Koreans "losers" and "lowlifes".

Not even the Ethiopian Politicians insult us like this. She's a disgrace and a woman with a tarnished reputation.

I used to have immense respect for her, but since I'm from Somalia and therefore a "terrorist", I no longer care for her

She is not a President but rather a Somaliland activist now i am not condoning the words she used in any shape or form there are Armenians activists who call Turks terrorists and criminals so its not something unfamiliar. As i said these are just words and the point she was making was merely a way for the IC to see that the west rewards the bad against the good so these words were more indirectly directed to the so called EU officials.

Jacpher   

Adna tells the world to stop working towards peace in Somalia because the people of Somalia don't want peace? Wow. Between Adna & Waraabe, I'm not sure if Somalia wants Somaliland back. This women is really hateful, disgusting and very sick, sick to the core. No wonder the comments are disabled in that clip. She said what many landers say behind closed doors I guess. She's speaking as if the she's entitled to force the world to abandon Somalia and recognize her clan entity.

LANDER   

Xaaji Xunjuf;874862 wrote:
I know but that's politics , she than speaking as a politician and it can sometimes come over as very coarse. Not as Edna the woman that takes care of the sick in her hospital or the edna who opens clinics and betters the health situation of Somali Woman.

A humanitarian and real Somalilander is what Edna is Mashallah. She doesn't make excuses for being a Somalilander unlike you which is quite unfortunate XX. When some random like Oba (who problably reads at a 5th grade level) disrespects one of our most prominent elders you manage to make excuses for her being a Somalilander? How about explaining to this reer konfureed that in Northern culture we don't talk so loosely about our elders especially ones to whom the nation owes a debt of gratitude. Wax kala danbeyn la yidha aya wadan keena jira. A nobody who's entire ancestory cannot hope to have accomplished a quarter of what Edna has done doesn't open his mouth and talk wrecklesslly where I come from. For he will be chastised by others. At the time of her speech Al-Shabab ruled most of Somalia and the most profitable business men of Somalia happened to be the Pirates, I suppose truth does hurt but that is not Edna's problem!

Jacpher;875113 wrote:
Adna tells the world to stop working towards peace in Somalia because the people of Somalia don't want peace? Wow. Between Adna & Waraabe, I'm not sure if Somalia wants Somaliland back. This women is really hateful, disgusting and very sick, sick to the core. No wonder the comments are disabled in that clip.
She said what many landers say behind closed doors I guess.
She's speaking as if the she's entitled to force the world to abandon Somalia and recognize her clan entity.

Unfortunately, what you wrote in the underline may be true. How can Somalia be re-unified if the people still have hatred towards one another?

Laander awoow Oba got a bit emotional over the words Edna used which is also understandable i will forgive him for that. Prophet Muhammad taught us to love our neighbors no one can deny Ednas Somalilandish origin or her Somaliland nationality or that she is a patriot that loves her people and country.There are some traditional differences between Somalilanders and the Koonfurians they way we treat our elders is one of them, But these are minor differences as for jacpher Somalilanders are not people who hide their feelings what makes you think they hide things ofcourse there are hardliners ultra rightwing nationalist who do not want anything to do with Somalia who if it was up to them they would construct a big wall between Somaliland and Somalia. But keep in mind the vast majority of the Somalilanders are loving and welcoming people they will tell you how they feel about you and will never hide their feelings.They will express themselves in the way they want the vast majority of the Somalilanders want to have closer relations with Somalia closer than they have with Djibouti or Ethiopia or any neighboring country of Somaliland. So there are no feelings hidden behind close doors everything is out there loud and clear.