Sign in to follow this  
Khayr

Something about the Believer....

Khayr   

Salaamz

& Bismillah

Caan Ibn Saeed Al Khudri qala: qala rasul Allahu (salallahu caliyhe wasilm):

Laan yashbaacu Al-Mumin min khayrin yasmacuuxu xaata yakuun muuntaxaxu Al-Janna

From Abu Sayed al Khudri who said : THe messenger of Allah salallahu caliyhe wasilm) said: The Believer is never satisfied (Laan yashbaacu )from hearing the good i.e. teachings (min khayrin yasmacuuxu) until his end will be Paradise (xaata yakuun muuntaxaxu Al-Janna)

Explaination of some of the terms in the hadith

Laan yashbaacu (The Believer is never satisfied...)

Laan-this is a conjuction, it is negative, menaing "no" and refers to the future i.e. it will not happen

Yashbaacu-Shabaaca-to satisfy one's appetite, or to become fed up, or to become sick or tired, to have had enough, to have finished thoroughly, to be saturated

The Meaning

-The Believer will never exhaust his desire for...

-They will always be capable of taking in more of...

-They will never finish going through of....

2. min khayrin yasmacuuxu (...of good he hears)

Khayr-Khaayar, Ikhaayar, Khuyuur

good, excellent, outstanding,, superior, admirable, better,best, good thind, blessing

yasmacuuxu -"which he hears"

Saamaca-he heard

The Meaninging

The meaning of min khayrin yasmacuuxu "being from the good he hears", which implies that what is heard is a teaching of knowledge of religion i.e the Quran, Hadith, Sirah, Tafsir, Fiqh etc. all of which branches of Islamic Knowldge which are received audibily as well as visually (i.e. the written wortd)

Pre-emmently that "good which is heard" in Islam is the QURAN which is recited the Ahadith (prophetic utterances) which are also spoke hadith.

The Islamic doctrines have been traditionally transmitted by an oral and scriptural scholarly tradition.

3. xaata yakuun muuntaxaxu Al-Janna ...until his end will be Paradise.

Xaata-this is a conjuction with preposition meaning, until, till up, as far as.

- and as a conjuction with subject the meaning is: until, that , so that, in order that

- and as a conjuction with a verb the meaning is: even, eventually until, it will be

Yakuun-Kuun-WIll be

Muuntaxaxu-his end, his destination, his achievement or future state or conclusion

Al-Janna-Paradise

The Explaination

In this hadith, the Rasul (salallahu caliyhe wasilm) reveals and in part explains the disposition of the character of the Believer. The outward behaviour of the Believer as described in this hadith, reveals the pyschology that is at work within him. It is a state of mind and a degree of spiritual maturation which is displayed in a desire to hear the good teachings of DEEN-UL-ALLAH , so that the more he/she listens to the teachings of Islam, the more he/she absorbs, practices, understands and realizes the truth, goOdness and wisdom of those teachings and this experience opens up his or her mind and heart to understand more and increases the desire for more without ever being satisfied.

The desire for truth and goodness builds up the WILL to practice more the knowledge and thereby increases further the understanding and in the process the inner self, i.e. the personality of the Believer is gradually transformed and they become a bigger person in their knowledge, desire, will, understanding, actions and virtues

Stage by stage, not all at once the Believer transcendssss his Nafs and is liberated from those negative and defective characteristics that had been acquired in their personal history.

(these are some notes that I had that inshallah I wanted so share with some of you nomads. I don't know about you but I remember this hadith everytime I read or hear some speech or talk that I don't have too much interest in or some deen talk from someone that I might not be fond off.

Inshallah, I hope that this is of some benefit to some of you nomads.

Fi Amanillah

Khayr   
Do you ever get annoyed at some Prolonged speeches or a very long qira at a Taraweeh salat or when your parents tell you a hadith or an ayat that you're just not in the mood to hear?

Wiilo   

WOOOOOOOOW, Khayr, what are u trying to say, u know waxa layirahdo? waxaa layirahdaa "Shaydhaan"

waxaas, but there is no such thing of "Mood" U can't get annoyed by Ayat or Hadith....I don't know if u trying to say something else....but not that. unless u'r totally don't want to hear "Ayat" or "Hadith"

which then is "Dambi".........Well, this is how i tought.................

Wabillahi Towfiiq:

Khayr   

Salaamz,

I don't think that you are being honest with yourself walaal, so look in the mirror first and

see what you are-Bani Adam-Insan and you

know that by being an Insani/Human that you are imperfect and filled with imperfections.

We struggle,get annoyed, grow impatient, fight, bicker, get bored etc. when things don't go our way in life.

So inshallah, be honest with yourself walaal when you look at yourself in the mirror at the end of the day for as the hadith goes

...The more you know Allah, the more you know Yourself...

Fi Amanillah

MD   

Salam Aliekum

Thanks for the explanation of the haddith.

Khayr I know what you mean, like for example when you know your doing something WRONG or you have an idea of what your doing is wrong, sometimes you just dont want to hear your parent or friend telling you the truth about it. It just makes you feel more guilty, it happens sometimes. You just get annoyed and you do not want to hear it. I think it all comes down to your Iman and how well you know about the Deen.

For me personally, I know it is haram to spray or use perfume when leaving the house(talking about the females). I still do it and when someone tells me about it, i get annoyed even though i know its HARAM. I guess you first have to work on your Iman and reach that high level of saying "JZK for telling me that is haram, I will not use it again".

May Allah help us become better muslims ameen

Sakina   

Yes I do Khayr. Specialy when I know that what they are saying is true and I am not practicing it. Like reading the Qur'an every day or praying Salatul Layl. May Allah protect us from the temptations of Shaytan.

Viking   

The more you know Allah, the more you know Yourself...

Khayr,

Isn't it the other way? ..the more you know yourself, the more you know Allah SWT? For we can try to understand Allah SWT but can only reach a certain point, a point where the capability of our intellect ends.

Wiilo   

I agree with u Vikin, Khayr it is the other way around, besides, it is not the same when u are told something u know is true,when that something is sheeko, or something else other then Ayat or Hadith,then when the Imam reads long Ayat on the Tarawih, or when u r told A Hadith that u know, ok, However, sis, it don't matter, as long as u r told somethin about Qur'an or Hadith,u must listen, the moody thing u r talking about is just a sing of "Shaydhan" Allaah ha inaga koriyee.........Aamiin..

Wabillaahi Towfiiq:

Khayr   

Originally posted by Viking:

quote: The more you know Allah, the more you know Yourself...

Khayr,

Isn't it the other way? ..the more you know yourself, the more you know Allah SWT? For we can try to understand Allah SWT but can only reach a certain point, a point where the capability of our intellect ends.
Salaamz

In other rawayad/narrations, the hadith

goes ....The more you know yourself, the more you know Allah..... but I thought that some people might misinterpet that to mean something else. Laakan, qadra Allah Masha Fa'al!

Fi Amanillah

Senora   

Wiilo...

We can't always hide behind the Devil. Your Imaan definitely has something to do with it as well. This isn't as unusual as it seems.

Erly this week, A Somali man came in the dry cleaners I was working at, he asked if I was Somali, and when i responded with a yes, he asked "you should be wearing the hijaab". i felt like that Citi bank commercial where the people are always saying " thank you".

Normally, i would have just sighed and said " i know". And then i would thought to myself, "dang, can he get off my back, I'll do it when im comfortable". But for some odd reason i felt like he just cared for me. Sounds cheesy, but i felt really good about it.

Thanks for that Khayr....

JZK for sharing. Knowing and acting on it are two different things. Sometimes you may know that picking up the Quran is good for the soul and will help you but at the moment you want to be preoccupied with say your fav. TV show. It is in that very moment you should fight with yourself and struggle to do the right thing.

Excellent notes.