Sign in to follow this  
nuune

Official Champions League thread - 2008/2009

WingA   

You know how we do it, we got this champions league title mapped out tight ever since we got berbatov and round two of the Battle of Britain is so close yet so far and I'm looking forward to a comfortable evening in front of the telly..

berbatov-ferguson_799290c.jpg

H   

Agree with winger on that, I really think Berbatov has brought a new dimension to the front line, something that we've been missing since Ruud..

WingA   

I mean, the guy is already scoring goals goals and the top scorer in the champions league too so far which not bad for a player who is settling into a new team and etc.. money well spent i reckon, unlike some flops, keane said after the game last night "i miss torres :( i cant anything by myself :( "

N.O.R.F   

Winger is confiedent I see. Long way to go saxib.

ps AC Milan will be here in Jan for a few friendly games aswell as Pele. Kaka, Ronnie, Beck and Pele. Not bad ey?

Chelsea v Juventus

Villarreal v Panathinaikos

Sporting Lisbon v Bayern Munich

Atletico Madrid v Porto

Lyon v Barcelona

Real Madrid v Liverpool

Arsenal v Roma

Inter Milan v Manchester United

Looks like Liverpool and Manchester have got their work cut or shopuld Inter and Madrid be the ones whould be scares.

Oz   

English clubs aren't going no where this time. who said that we won't see the classic EPL encounter Mourinho vs Ferguson anymore? Irony is the code in this game. I would love to hear his comments towards sir alex haha.

Certainly a very juicy encounter between 2 top teams of the EPL and Serie A. I don't see Chelsea cruising, honestly I have no idea how this will end. Juventus has all the tools to beat Chelsea.

Real Madrid v Liverpool, My oh my... What can I say. This is just a killer for Ramos. He might get fired before the second game if he loses at Bernabeu, because at Anfield they won't have much of a chance. Ng for this one I think this one is in your pocket.

Arsenal v AS Roma Another great match-up. Arsenal are a streaky team. If things don't go their way on offence they tend to fall apart. Their defence is also very questionable :D

Olympique Lyonnais v FC Barcelona, Another very interesting game. I have followed Barcelona this season the most compared to other seasons. They are a better team than the one that won it in 2006. And I have to say that this team is probably the favourite to win this year.

Should be a beauty, I aint missing a game I tell yah!

N.O.R.F   

Had a feeling we would get Real. Interesting ties. Juventus will be a test for Chelsea and Inter vs Man Utd will be a great tie.

WingA   

its not a bad fixture, all the English sides should have no problems getting to the next stage and i'm pretty excited that we got the special one..

Oz   

It's back! and here are the scores of the first leg.

Atlético - Porto 2-2 *Porto seems to be going through since they have an advantage here*

Lyon - Barcelona 1-1 *definately Barce are through*

Arsenal - Roma 1-0 *Arsenal have a slight advantage but will face a battle at roma*

Internazionale - Man. United 0-0 *this tie is over, UNITED are too strong for inter*

Real Madrid - Liverpool 0-1 *Liverpool are through, Real will not score at Anfield*

Chelsea - Juventus 1-0 *Blues have a chance to go through, Drogba is BACK*

Villarreal - Panathinaikos 1-1 *this one will be very hard to tell*

Sporting - Bayern 0-5 *Bayern indeed the only team with a spot in the quarters so far* :D

My prediction for the second league:

Atletico - Porto through

Lyon - Barcelona

Arsenal - Roma

Inter - Man U

Real madrid - Liverpool

Chelsea - Juventus

Villarreal - Panathinaikos

Sporting - Bayern

NGONGE   

I have a strong feeling that United will get done at home by Jose and his boys. Liverpool on the other hand are unpredictable. They have the advantage though.

(Don't care for the rest).

Abtigiis   

I feel the same. United will get kicked out. I also fear for Chelsea, although they got the lucky Guus on their side.

I was really shocked how Sporting was sent to the cleaners by Bayern.

Oz   

United were different class in the first half and even when Inter got it together in the second half, they were hardly all over united.

WingA   

United will finish Inter at Old Trafford boys.. Come on, did you see the way we controlled the game and didn't get that killer goal or two..

Jose had he's tail behind he's back after the game and didn't even shake hands with fegie.. that mad disrespect and those sort of game will back fire in your face..

bless..