Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

Farmajo’s IDPs Politics

Abtigiis   

In the IDP camps, where desperation and delinquency see-saw, composure and circumspection can leave you sleep in empty stomach, while chicanery and elbowing fellow beneficiaries of humanitarian handouts, notwithstanding that it donates bad names to you, will ultimately make you take sacks of grain and cans of oil to your family. The vicious tactics, therefore, are the necessary abuse one must inflict on equally deprived lives to save lives at home. In these auditoriums of famine, the stakes are high and only a man-eat-man mindset can make one see the sun the next day.

In Farmajo’s political belvedere, ironically augmented and abetted by the ululation and adulations of IDPs, that which delivers the PM post is that which is right and righteous. His is a vagrant politics that is of a lower caliber, but politics finding currency and fertile ground in deprived settlements and among depressed people. That is not the problem. Somalia’s new leaders will have to cater to the needs of these depressed people. But that doesn’t mean these leaders have to embrace desperate politics to address the needs of desperate people. And here is where Farmajo’s IDP politics merits no paean.

With yesterday’s needless farce, Farmajo’s credibility and relevance in the race for the PM or even for a lesser portfolio deteriorated from thread-bareness to an out-and-out fig leaf. In time, the present dismay shall wane, and in place of it, the farce will serve as a critical lever that will lift Somalia’s notoriously bizarre politics to a level of new comical dialectics for a soul-searching synthesis.

But the shame is his. Not ours. After all, this was none of our choice, and the man we appear to redeem, by saying the debacle was the cynical work of Sharif Sakin, does not deserve our support, both intrinsically and by his spineless political conduct in trying to give meaningless acquiescein Kampala the decency of an ineluctable national sacrifice.

So, in Farmajo, we are once again dealing with the recurring curse of the same leadership failure and antics we have been facing for many moons: men who have nothing to present but their bespectacled faces, standing but receding hairlines, sagging bellies, and full blown bald heads! We are dealing with masks that crave high offices and with it the booty that it offers.

You check their background and it is zero, nil and hollow gust. No liberation war fought. No selfless deeds. No poor IDPs assisted. No lands reconstructed. No jobs given to needy youth. Not even rushing deflowered and bleeding bride to the clinic for medical attention. Void, except for bounding ambition. Is this the dawn of the era of celebrity politics in Somalia? Even then, why isn't Sado, and not Farmajo, running if that is the case?

Gabbal   

The inconsistency of your impressionability never ceases to amaze me. At most points I have chanced to observe your commentary in this section, and most especially in this situation, you strike me as that single lone ventriloquist swaying and dancing to the tune of the gallery where ever way it vibrates next.

Farmaajo was not my candidate for president; many here can testify. He is not even my preferred choice for the Premier position. Still, I have the utmost respect for the man, what he has been able to achieve in his tenure as prime minister, and recognize the goodwill and success he had in tapping into the grandest aspirations of those least among the Somali people even if least in this circumstance would be a description of relative merit. Your very person bespoke of "felicitations" upon the idea he was nominated a second time as Prime Minister. The fickle nature with which you have attempted to polish away whatever embarrassment you feel for having succumbed to yesterday's rumors does a gross injustice both to the character of the man in question as well as to the respectable notion he might have tapped into the hope and aspirations of many sections of Somalis, especially a more unfortunate subsection.

For you see, by the very notion of this premise concerning "IDP" talk, you feed into the negative reinforcement that they somehow do not deserve better, do not have stakes in the country they are helpless in, and any one person who dares tap into them as a potent political force deserving of recognition and position in the political solutions of the day has manifested a political writ to disdain. It is no different to the Republican Party's attempt to "otherize" the Democratic Party to mainstream white America as a political party pandering to minority groups and whose sole reason for support among the said minority groups might be because of capitulation derived from propensity to value "welfare" and "dependency principles". This reason, they further, is the method with which the Democratic Part woes which, you might happen to realize if you are decent enough, is an exact replica of the political strategy you and some others have employed here recently much to my consternation. It is really nothing more than a form of write off; not of Farmaajo but to the legitimate display of the internally displaced people's aspirations. Through your talk of "currency" (how cheapening), you have attacked the very idea, motivation, and power of Hope.

You, good brother, are far removed from the realities and plight of the people and country you wish to speak for.

Why have IDP's not protested for Gheedi? What of Nuur Cadde? What of Cumar Abdirashiid? What of Cabdiwali Gaas? What of Abdullahi Yusuf? What of Sheikh Sharif? Why was this first not employed, but only recently as a political weapon no less against Farmaajo's presidential run, when such support was as expressive, if not more, during Farmaajo's resignation period some year and months ago?

I remember responding to Mooge on this issue:

Gabbal;855986 wrote:
This comment I find says everything there is to know about this individual. He sits all day in a Nairobi cafe shop and listens to petty gossip while the most creative thing he can possibly do is dehumanize the unfortunate situation of Somalia even more through inappropriate and malicious using of the term "Internally Displaced Person" as a political euphamism to imply something less or not remarkable in the showcase of one's individual right to express their aspirations for their country.

I find MMA's response to you in another topic most apt: he calmly addressed your misuse of the "IDP" term and then sought to ignore the rest of your corresponding drivel.

The man has done something to warrant support from the least among the Somalis, if he has, and it is time you and others respected the idea that they have a right to express their aspirations and they have a right to express support to the individual who has allowed them the opportunity, and in fact motivation, for expression.

If you understand the basis of this entire issue, you will understand not all is rosy to the naked eye.

Gabbal   

Oba-

I find it rather distasteful and beneath any sensible person's constitution to engage the form of diatribe you seem to value as judged by the sheer irrelevance of most of your contributions.

I bid you a good day.

Abtigiis   

Gabbal, I never liked Farmaajo. It is not like I started hating him after his hoax yesterday. The man is shallow and somewhat desperate for power. He can't even articulate what he wants to say properly. He is not the calbire Somalia needs for PM right now.

On 'currency; don't take it literally, I am sure you know the word is used to mean different thing (acceptance) in english. Yes, I said it is not a problem if IDPs love you, it is infact better than to be loved by elites who are eating bountifully. But I also said one does not have to get desperate because desperate people like him! So, I reject your allegations and accusations.

You are visibly angry but when you finsish your anger reflect on the hogwash you wrote above and see if it makes sense.

UZTAAD   

there is no chances that farmaajo will be PM in the next government. as A&t said farmaajo wants to get another chance to steal again.

from where he got the many he is campaining and paying the IDPs annd somali sites like aminarts. it is none other the aid money that he stole when he was PM. there are three groups who wants farmajo to be next pm.

first group are those who close to him clan wise or have other links with him and they looking for some lufluf from his corruption.

the second group is those who hate puntland so they want use him as tool fight against puntland and what it stand for since he already demonstrates his animosity against puntland.

the third group are those gullible people who believed the hype and propoganda and are told farmaajo is the only patriotic man who can bring back somalia once again . and they mainly consist some youths in diaspora

Gabbal   

Abtigiis;874054 wrote:
Gabbal, I never liked Farmaajo. It is not like I started hating him after his hoax yesterday. The man is shallow and somewhat desperate for power. He can't even articulate what he wants to say properly. He is not the calbire Somalia needs for PM right now.

On 'currency; don't take it literally, I am sure you know the word is used to mean different thing (acceptance) in english. Yes, I said it is not a problem if IDPs love you, it is infact better than to be loved by elites who are eating bountifully. But I also said one does not have to get desperate because desperate people like him! So, I reject your allegations and accusations.

You are visibly angry but when you finsish your anger reflect on the hogwash you wrote above and see if it makes sense.

Abtigiis-

Not angry whatsoever at all; rather introspective. I am sure it may come as a surprise to you, but I find it ironic one of the descriptors you used is shallow when the one thing I can possibly summarize into this response, and in fact this entire topic, loudly says shallow.

I bid you a good day as well.

AYOUB   

Using IDP and refugees to gain political and military advantage is nothing new and the children of the Kacaan should know better.

Yunis   

Abtigiis;874018 wrote:

In Farmajo’s political belvedere, ironically augmented and abetted by the ululation and adulations of IDPs, that which delivers the PM post is that which is right and righteous. His is a vagrant politics that is of a lower caliber, but politics finding currency and fertile ground in deprived settlements and among depressed people. That is not the problem. Somalia’s new leaders will have to cater to the needs of these depressed people.
But that doesn’t mean these leaders have to embrace desperate politics to address the needs of desperate people. And here is where Farmajo’s IDP politics merits no paean.

All of that, because of these unsubstantiated tabloid charges that Farmaajo’s political fortunes are solely based with these fictional and fictitious stories in cunning glue sniffing street kids and your absurdity reference of a UN tagged exploitation term ‘IDP’ to the poor citizens in-and-around banadir. He has no identifiable base in the capital, and yet is faulted for receiving the adulation and the support of its poor; a juvenile logic permits this as deliberately political tactic.

Abtigiis   

Yunis, no one is daft enough to think Farmaajo is bribing the IDPs or the dangerous vagrants on the streets. Of course, it is political tactics and if helps in outmanouvering Farmajo in this race for the PM-ship, it is justified. In politics, it is not what actually happened that matters, it is what people think happend that is crucial.

That said, I heard this morning that the 'false start' was a delibrate ploy to force the hand of the President into nominating Farmajo. If that is indeed true, it shallows how amateur and naive Farmajo and his team are!

NGONGE   

^^ You can't have it both ways, saaxib. In one thread you accuse the Somali president of being indecisive and here you call Farmajo an amateur for trying to force the president's hand!

Abtigiis   

And it proves the indecision! if the President was mulling to nominate Farmajo as PM and some reports suggest that was the case, and is now back tracking because of the hoax, then he still is indecisive!

But to correct you, I did not say the President is indecisive. What is said is that there is a hint of indicisiveness in how he is handling the PM saga!

Third, even an indicisive president can find some tactics employed against him too much!

Xeefow   

HAHAHAH the tread starter must be idiotic to think a person would pay IDP's AND the government soldiers to demonstrate for him. Clearly your hate for the man is unbelievable to give cheap remarks as this.