Sign in to follow this  
Kool_Kat

Double Tragedy for One Family!

Waa shil, abaayadiis. Afsoomaali waxaa ugu qoraayana waa sabab oo Ingiriis inaa ku qorno ma fiicno to spread this innuendo to non-Soomaalis.

a384a31143879b5518ecdf9059e5.jpg

bf3279fb49fab3c8a7bc8a18f40c.jpg

Family shattered after teen killed by car driven by older sister

In the hospital, family members broke out in tears when news of their teenage daughter’s death was announced. What made the news harder to swallow, was that the car that struck and pinned their daughter was driven by her older sister.

A family friend arranging the funeral service for Fartun Abdulle, a 17-year-old from Brampton with aspirations of attending York University, described the scene at the hospital when he arrived Saturday night.

“I got a call from a friend of the mother and we rushed to the hospital around 8,” said Kawnayn Hussein. “The dad was actually very shaken. Very tragic. The mother was crying.”

Hussein was with the father, Yonis Abdulle Fiyad, when Abdulle’s body was taken from the coroner’s office Sunday.

Hussein said the older sister, Faisa Abdulle, was in shock when she spoke with police.

“She was in shock. She was talking with police, you know, telling them what happened,” Hussein said. “This was just an accident ... She hit the wrong pedal, that’s what she was saying.”

A funeral service will be held Monday at the Masjid Khalid Bin Al-Walid mosque in Etobicoke following midday prayers, at about 1:30 p.m., Hussein said.

Fartun Abdulle, one of nine children, will be buried at Beechwood Cemetery, near Jane St. and Steeles Ave. W.

Abdulle was struck while walking on the sidewalk with a friend on Attwell Rd., in an industrial area near Pearson airport. She had been in a black Toyota Camry driven by her 18-year-old sister shortly before. Police said it’s unclear when the victim left the car.

After mounting the curb and striking Abdulle, the car came to a stop a short distance from the sidewalk with its front bumper against a set of concrete steps, pinning her.

Emergency crews were called to the scene at 6:41 p.m. Saturday.

Firefighters freed her from the vehicle and Abdulle was taken to hospital where she later succumbed to her injuries.

Speed and alcohol are not considered factors in the fatal collision, police said.

It’s not clear if police will be pressing charges, said Const. Allan Davidson, adding they will be “looking at all aspects before making any decisions.”

On Sunday, a day after the fatal collision, a small cardboard sign that read “love” was taped on to a gate a few metres from the crash site.

“She was a lovely child,” Hussein said, describing the huge outpouring of support flowing into the family’s Brampton home. “The whole community loves her.”

Toronto Star

Aaliyyah   

I don't know these girls nor know what happened that night. So I would refrain from baseless assumptions. Also I have five sisters and love them more than life and most people are on that boat. Qofna walaalki xumaan uma quudho. Lastly a cousin of theirs that was questioned by a reporter said these two girls were not only sisters they were best friends.

Blessed   

Blue babes, try to be a little more sensitive here, you don't know if their relatives and friends are on the forum. And it's never a good idea to speculate on these things.

*Blessed;873364 wrote:
Blue babes, try to be a little more sensitive here, you don't know if their relatives and friends are on the forum. And it's never a good idea to speculate on these things.

Alright I will take that into account but I was just saying there is a possibility that's all. Didn't mean anything bad with it.

MMA - Got your message!