Sign in to follow this  
Kool_Kat

Double Tragedy for One Family!

Kool_Kat   

Teen dies after being struck by car driven by sister

A family is mourning the loss of their teenage daughter after she was struck and killed by a car driven by her older sister.

The accident occurred on Attwell Drive, close to Toronto’s Pearson airport, on Saturday evening.

Police said the teen, 17-year-old Fartun Abdulle, was walking along the industrial road shortly before 7 p.m. when a car driven by her 18-year-old sister mounted a curb and struck the girl.

Police said Abdulle was dragged for a short distance until the car came to a stop. Investigators said she was trapped underneath the car for 15 minutes.

Individuals attending a nearby church saw the accident unfold.

“She was screaming ‘my sister, my sister, it was an accident. I hit her, I didn’t mean to,’” witness Melinda Jefferey told CTV Toronto. “She kept asking if she’s still alive.”

Lagos Csiki was walking along Attwell Drive when the accident occurred.

“The lady goes under the car and I touched her hand and prayed,” he said.

Abdulle was rushed to hospital where she was later pronounced dead.

Police said they do not expect any charges to be laid following the accident.

Officers also said alcohol and speed are not considered factors in the investigation.

Const. Clint Stibbe said police have downloaded the data from the “crash module” inside the car, which will give them a better idea of what happened mechanically moments before the crash.

Officers are continuing to investigate the case and would like to speak to anyone who may have witnessed the incident.

Anyone with any information about this case is asked to Toronto Police Traffic Services at 416-808-1900 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS.

Link

Kool_Kat   

Allah yaa raxma...May Allah make it easy for this family, give them samir and iman in the very very difficult time...My heart goes out to the sister, ilaahow ufududee maskiinta...

Kool_Kat;873039 wrote:

Police said the teen, 17-year-old Fartun Abdulle, was walking along the industrial road shortly before 7 p.m. when a car driven by her 18-year-old sister mounted a curb and struck the girl.

It's terrifying how quickly a life can change. She probably meant to pick her up, but hit her and accelerated as a result of panic (it happens to the best of us). I can't imagine what she and here family are going through right now.

raula   

Pardon me..I didn't even think i had any emoticon there..long story short...I apologize for the mishap. Thx Blackflash.

& Somalia..I am a lady.

Aaliyyah   

Ina lilaah wa ina ilayhi raji'uun. sabar iyo imaan to the family.

The Janazah will be held today at khalid binu walid mosque at 1:30 pm.

Mooge   

Apophis;873057 wrote:
She's laughing at “tragety" not The tragedy.

Nope. raula was not doing that. it is only in you head ninyoow, alone. get your acts together nin weyn ba taheye.

AUN. samir iiman. my heart goes out to family.

ElPunto   

AUN - I'm sensing an inexperienced driver.

I feel much less annoyed that my mother did the same thing - only it was a garage door she tried to kill.

Chimera   

Terrible tragedy, I hope the older sister receives all the support she can get. Killing a person by accident is bad enough, but when its your baby-sister, only a year younger than you (and therefore a sibling you shared a lot with), its even more devastating.

AUN to Fartun, I hope she is resting in peace.