Sign in to follow this  
Xaaji Xunjuf

Djiboutian Troops arrive in Beledweyne Hiiraan

Ciidamo ka socda Dalka Jabuuti ee Qeybta ka ah Howlgalka Midowga Afrika ee AMISOM oo gaaray Magaalada Baladweyne

Sabti, September 22, 2012 (HOL) — Ciidamo ka socda dalka Jabuuti ee qeybta ka ah howlgalka midowgga Africa AMISOM kuna qalabeysan gadiidka dagaallka ayaa maanta gaaray magaalada Baladweyne ee xarunta gobollka Hiiraan.

Col. Cismaan Dubad oo horkacayay ciidamada oo warbaahinta la hadllay ayaa sheegay in ciidamadan qeyb ka yihiin howlgalka midowgga Africa ee AMISOM, islamarkaana ka qeyb-qaadan doonaan sugida amniga guud ahaan gobollka, gaar ahaan magaalada Baladweyne.

"Sida aad arkeysaan ciidamadu waxaa ay wataan saanad militari oo ay ku jiraan gadiidkii dagaallka, socod dheer ayeey soo galeen oo dhulka ah, waxaana ay u socdaan sidii ay qeyb uga noqon lahaayeen howlgalka guud ahaan laga wado dalka Soomaaliya ee midowgga Africa ‘’’AMISOM’’ si gaar ah gobollka Hiiraan ayeey ciidamada uga howlgali doonaan, wali waxaa jira tiro ciidamada ka tirsan oo dhiman iyaguna maalmaha soo socda ayaa la keeni doonaa," ayuu yiri Col. Cismaan Dubad.

Waxaa uu sheegay marka laga soo tago howlgalka AMISOM sidoo kale ciidamada Jabuuti ee maanta gaaray magaalada Baladweyne qeyb ka qaadan doonaan soo celinta adeegyadii bulshada, sida caafimaadka, kaabayaashii dhaqallaha, iyo gargaarka la gaarsiinayo dadka dhibaateysan.

"Ciidamadan ma’aha oo kaliya kuwo u socda howlgal militari, waayo waa ciidamo ku magacaaban HIIL Walaal, sidaa daraadeed waxaa ay gacan buuxda ka geysan doonaan dib u soo celinta adeegyadii bulshada, laakiin waxaan awoodeena marka hore isugu geyn doonaan sugida amniga," ayuu yiri hadalkisa raaciyay.

Ciidamadan oo ku hubeysan gadiidka dagaallka iyo qalab militari oo aad u xoogan ayaa fariisimo ka dhigtay duleedka Bari ee magaalada oo ay horay u sii joogeen tiro ciidamo Jabuuti ka socda oo dhowr bilood ka hor gaaray magaalada Baladweyne.

Dhinaca kale Afhayeenka maamulka gobollka Hiiraan Max’ed Nuur Caga-joog oo isgana la hadllay HOL waxaa uu sheegay in saacadaha soo socda uu bilaaban doono howlgal laga fulinayo degmooyinka ay gacanta ku hayaan xoogagga Al-shabaab, gaar ahaan degmada Buula-burte oo ah degmada labaad ee ugu weyn gobollka marka laga soo tago magaalada Baladweyne.

XX,

I know you're a fan of all things Djiboutian but a little reality check is needed here. The Djibouti troops have been securing Beledweyne (the town) for a while now. What you're referring to is recently arrived reinforcements.

As for their competency, there's been criticism of Djibouti's performance within AMISOM. The Ethiopians, who were the previous military administration within the town, have wanted to retreat to the border area for some time but are still unable to do so due to their fears of Djibouti being overrun by Al Shabaab. Therefore, the Ethiopians have been forced to keep their troops on the outskirts of town as a reinforcing force.

The joke within AMISOM is that the Djiboutian troops have only increased the 'qat' consumption within the town, not the security situation...

Yeah i know but its better for reer hiiraan to have Djiboutian troops instead of Ethiopians. Even though the Djiboutian forces are under the Amisom command there was only one battalion before in hiiraan. Now the rest arrived i am also hearing news that Djibouti might send another 1000 troops to Somalia. As for their lack of efficiency well time will tell how they secure the Hiiraan region and fill the vacuum, but so good so far.

Xaaji Xunjuf;872298 wrote:
Yeah i know but its better for reer hiiraan to have Djiboutian troops instead of Ethiopians. Even though the Djiboutian forces are under the Amisom command there was only one battalion before in hiiraan. Now the rest arrived i am also hearing news that Djibouti might send another 1000 troops to Somalia. As for their lack of efficiency well time will tell how they secure the Hiiraan region and fill the vacuum, but so good so far.

I agree that it's culturally better for Djibouti to be there than the Ethiopians, however the ineptitude of the Djiboutian Armed Forces is well known around the region.

I'm sure you remember Djbouti's performance during the border skirmishes with Eritrea. Eritrea, up to the current day, occupies Djiboutian land. You must also remember Djibouti's request for Rayaale to contribute Somaliland troops (under Djbioutian flag) to patrol the border areas with Eritrea - a request Rayaale promptly refused creating a chill between previous warm relations the two leaders shared.

Somalia   

Ethiopians still control the region and the district, this is nothing but a publicity stunt. As if 100 Djibouti soldiers can fend off Al-Shabaab. :D

I know Djibouti hasn't seen a real war ever other than fighting some afar rebels in the mid 90s and the Border conflict with Eritrea but this is a good lesson for them keeping the security of Hiiraan beledweyne. I mean Alshabaab basically is gone in hiiraan here and there some attacks. The Djiboutians will not be in serious combat they will do more patrolling and keeping the security as peace keepers, while the Ethiopians are on standby outside the city.

Somalia;872316 wrote:
Ethiopians still control the region and the district, this is nothing but a publicity stunt. As if 100 Djibouti soldiers can fend off Al-Shabaab.
:D

Pretty much

Xaaji Xunjuf;872317 wrote:
I mean Alshabaab basically is gone in hiiraan here and there some attacks.

Xaaji,

The situation is a bit more complex than that (like all things Somali-related). Al Shabaab maintains strong sympathies in that region due to the sidelining by successive Mogadishu governments of a major clan/sub-clan with a significant presence in Hiiraan and parts of Beledweyn. It's by exploiting this clan grievance that Al Shabaab was able to successively move into the town whenever Ethiopian troops withdrew in the past.

LANDER   

Mintid Farayar;872295 wrote:
XX,

The joke within AMISOM is that the Djiboutian troops have only increased the 'qat' consumption within the town, not the security situation...

^ :D

jokes.