Sign in to follow this  
DAMON1

The Wire…..the best TV show ever!

DAMON1   

872172=49-omar.jpg

Why is it the best?

On a very simple level its a show about cops and drug dealers that isn’t actually about cops and drug dealers.

Its a deeply layered visual novel that makes all other TV dramas seem so one dimensional .Its morally challenging making you think.

Every character is highly developed, unique and equally important without any of the conventional good vs evil cliches. The depth and range of themes is genius from sociology, economics, justice, education, politics and the media.

It looks at all Institutions within society and their systemic failures. In essence its a show about real people real lives and real problems.

Imagine taking an X-ray of society and that’s the wire!

Since watching it everything else seems underwhelming! What do you guys think?

chubacka   

^Hehe.

May not make too many comments on the society but this woman is hilarious and my favourite tv programme by far.

Miranda-tv-show-miranda-28145427-214-317

Heard a lot of good things about the wire and madmen too, hmmm.

Somalia   

Apophis;872177 wrote:
I'm down with the Berksdale Crew
:D

PS: I watched the 5 seasons thrice.

PPS: also check out the Shield.

I finished The Shield in 1 week during the summer, am I sick for wanting Mackey to get away with everything? :D

Damon, was this why you were so determined to be in SOL, just simply mention this TV show? 058.gif

I had never seen this show, but I used to live in Baltimore. What a garbage city it was, though we lived the 'pretty,' safe side of the city. I only saw the other side once, what a dreary place. However, as dreary as it is, it is much, much better than Detroit. What a wasted city that one is.

Maarodi   

I also loved The Wire, but I think season 5 could've been better. I was disappointed with the ending. Still I think it was one of the best shows ever.