Sign in to follow this  
Thunder

Islamic ruler(s) -- King Fahad is not

Thunder   

Asalaamu 3alaykum

What characteristics make an Islamic state?

.Is Saudi Arabia an Islamic state?

-- Can someone tell me where the title "king" came from?

-- Why does the state practice casaba(spl) -- Somalis who are muslims can't send their children to school (mind you the children were born there)-- A non-Saudi muslim man can't marry a Saudi woman

but a saudi man can mary a nonSaudi woman

"These are state policies)

What qualities make an Islamic leader(khaleef)?

--Can he allow a kaafir military(s) to reside in his Islamic country??

N.O.R.F   

Saudi is a complicated country and one post from myself will not pinpoint what and why the rulers of the country act islamically in some aspects and unislamically in others. You can say in those areas where they don not act islamically, ie education for the nationals only, that greed and pride comes into contention as they dont want the foriedners taking all the jobs and businesses etc. This leads onto the Saud family being able to control who has the highest places of authority which is also influenced by the US. The Saudis are users in respect of employing foriegners and then dumping them as and when they feel like it. Except for US and other western workers. I know many ppl and families who have worked there for years and then only to be told "we will not renew yr contract so get out". I for one dont like the Sauds with their 15000 prince and princesses spending the ppl's money all over the world while we have many muslim brothers and sisters struggling to make ends meet on the streets of our heartland. You can tell who i'm quietly supporting on this particular struggle for power. You reap what you saw, and the preverbial rewards are just beginning to bear fruit!

You have raised several Valid critisims saxiib. Saudi Arabia could be a much more equal society and thus better country for all its citzens. Now if we look again at the recent Bombing. The were utterly disgusting and i fail to understand how a fellow muslim, even if they are the ones labelled as 'militant' could carry out such a mission.

What i try to keep in mind in these times is that whatever allah wills, happens. And there is always a wisdom behind what happens in the world that we cannot as humans, no matter how strong in our faith and how knowledgable in the deenwe might be, cannot comprehend.

Lets just prey that something good arises from incident that. And that the land of our prohpet Muhammed (SAW) remains peacefull

Blessed   

Salaams,

I think Saudi Arabia is a Muslim country but not an Islamic state.

The were utterly disgusting and i fail to understand how a fellow muslim, even if they are the ones
labelled
as
'militant'
could carry out such a mission.

Most of us are going by what was written on the BBC - kaafir media- walaal lets not take them as witnesses between us. We don't know who did it and the motives. I also heard from an arabic source that the bombing took place in a secured government building - yet kaafir media and the saudi government think that women and children were killed.

This is the same government that allows America to use it military basis to destroy neighbouring Muslim countries and hence killing Muslim women and children.

I remember hearing something about the rule in 'Saudi Arabia' its what some scholares refer to as xukum al-jaahilaya - the of the ignorant.

They practice a distorted and extreme form of shariiciya on the weak and the rich can do as they please.... as long as it benefits the interests on the saud household.

In saying that, I hope things work out for the citizens of Arabia and I hope Allah guides or removes their leaders.

Salam Calayakum Sis.

Thats exactly my point, but then again only all knows.

In saying that, I hope things work out for the citizens of Arabia and I hope Allah guides or removes their leaders.

Thats all the we can hope fore after such events

Haashim   

Saudi royal family have spent a lot of money to improve their image in and outside, but since their old friend (america) neglected them they're in a desperate situation.

Zakariye   

S/ALAYKUM

well ladies and gents, those of you who haven't been in saudi arabia, you don't know nothing about that country, i have lived there and inslaved to work there, i will never forget it, this kingdom rulers they are pathetic , that is my opinion , i don't think they care about Islam or well being of islam, islam will take care by God but not these i can't even call them names, cz of ramadan. Those of you who live in the states did you remember the days of 9-11, one of the kingdome rulers came to the states to give what $10,000,000-$18,000,000 million dollars to the New York mayor , remember that, and the money was thrown back in his face, imagine that, he could have given that money to the needy Muslim countries, but he didn't , i can say more in saudi families , but i hope they loose the power and let the saudis themself decide who they want.

c/salam

saudi arabia and almost all arab countries are muslin countries but not islamic states.the different being that islamic states is a state that employes all it's efforts and resources for the sake of islam and muslims,a states priortise islamic issues and values more than other issues.the role of an islamic state is to preserve the islamic values and to prevent vices(like inequality,injustice,immoral behaviours and e.c.t) and promoting virtues( helping weak moslims,supporting islamic cuases and so on)

Saudi is a complicated country and one post from myself will not pinpoint what and why the rulers of the country act islamically in some aspects and unislamically in others. You can say in those areas where they don not act islamically, ie education for the nationals only, that greed and pride comes into contention as they dont want the foriedners taking all the jobs and businesses etc. This leads onto the Saud family being able to control who has the highest places of authority which is also influenced by the US.

i think suadi royal famaliy(i never live in saudi arabia)acts the way they are acting because of one main reason,which the people they rule are moslims and unless one falsely act as an islamic ruler he will sooner or later fail take as example our late president siyat barre,had he acted like a guardian and costodian of islam we won't have raised agaisnt him,had he not adopted the leninism marximism,we would have at least given him longer than we did.by the way this is very old way in which after fall of khlifah alraashid moslims rulers began adopting and usingd to supress the ruuled(dadka).i talked about this last topic history of islam the rules and policieslayed and promoted by second generation of moslims rulers are largely practiced today by those in power in moslim countries.wearing islamic shirt and decieving the people by the name of guardian of islam is typical trend.ayaat and ahaadiith of the prophet had been used to serve for that purpose the sunnah which openly and clearly obligates moslims to raise gainst all dictators and agressor regardless of their names, had been misinterpreted as only when the ruler openly cross islamic line(alkhuruuj cini al- islam).misinterpritation of these hadiths and ayaats contributed more, dividing the moslims and naming them diffrent names are also factor,this gives chance the ruler,moslim scholars argue and spend all their energy to aprove or disaprove other side's claim, stead of thinking the unity and bring moslims together.for example moslims scholar getherd after first Gulf war to discuss whether it was islamicaly lawful to seek the suport of americ against brethren moslim country(iraq).they were not asked to debate this issues before the war!!!!why?!!!.sheikh mohamed ghazali said why.he said o mosli scholars we are debating and wasting our energy and world will move on as usual.(i did not heard that from the sheikh but i was told so by my friend) .unless we understand well and go back to the roots of islam the crisis will remain forever.it is time we have to move and rally for justice.