Sign in to follow this  
3zma1L

Do You Remmember Your First Day Of Fasting Ramadan

3zma1L   

I still remmember the first day of fasting Ramadan. I was around 12 or something. That day,

I looked just sick all day and I was counting the mnts every time... I did every excuse to hold on.....

until it was 5:30 in the afternoon...

45 mnts left, and I was at Madrasa learning Quran. Around 5:35, I asked My Teacher a permission to go to a

toilet.

"Sure.. You can leave.. See you Tomoroo"

He told me..

That was very nice of him....

My Home was not so far, and you know, when I came at home, I started with the kitchen. not the toilet.

Smells of Zanbuzi and mount watering fried meat and Bur everywhere... I looked at my digital Casio watch..

5:48 20 mnts something left

I just wanted to smell one Zanbuzi.. nobody was there and I thought..

No problem If I tast it... Only 20 mnts left... God can't forgive only 20 mnts that is left??

So I tasted it... and you know I ended up eating more.. and more..

and drinking more and more...

and then..

When I had enough, I restarted my Ramadan. Everyone at home told me later at Iftar that I was

such a wonderful kid!!!

Sure.. I was a wonderful kid to start Ramadan at such an early time.

NOW, Do you have a Ramadan stories to share with the Nomads???

nuune   

as far as i can tell or remember,wax yar isug maskaxda aan ka shaqeesiiyee,haa,it was around when i was 10 and 11 years,Allah forgive me,it was,yeah,it was when i was 10 years old.

but as a child,you know we all cheat and sneak to the kitchen to grab quickly some sanbuus and bursaliid,iga tag saliidiisa aan nacay kan,saanbuuska aan jeclaa,afar afar aan ooga xadi jirnay jikada,lool,

but the time i completely become affirmed and addicted to the Ramadan fasting was when i was 13 years,before that time i used to cheat a lot,ohh it is just a lot of stories,can'r recall them now!! ;) :eek: :rolleyes:

Iffah   

loool. Ezmacil..you couldn't wait only 20 mins?j/k

I heard of some kid who couldn't wait 5 mins :D

I can't remember my first day of fasting...but I started when i was 11 or 12. The only thing I recall is that one night after suxuur my dad told us to wait up for fajr since it was only half an hr away. So we sat around the living room...just us kids. & 5 mins later the complaints started. "oh my god, Im thirsty.. my mouth is dry....Don't swallow the saliva." lol. We would run to the bathroom everytime the saliva formed. We thought swallowing it would break our fast. My throat was dry by the time i went back to bed. But I think I made it through the day. I can't recall ever breaking my fast ever since I started. I still laugh when i remember that night. :D

Salaams

Haaruun   

All I remember is that I used to drink water from the washroom and tell my parents that I'm fasting...The trick ended one day when my father asked me if I went to the Mosque to pray Salaatul casar...I said, yes I went there Aabo(what a lie, I was playing bugle at afternoon prayers) and I was kinda late...He said how many rakcas u missed...OOh I only missed one cuz i went there when pple were saying AAAAMMMMIIIIIN for the 2nd rakca.

He goes ooh reallyy ,,,AAAmiiin eeeh......all of the sudden I felt this horrible feeling in my face(what a huge slap) and started asking me since when the sheikh started reciting fatixa for Assar prayers...I was later graunded from playing soccer at afternoons :D

Ariadne   

When I first started fasting I was 11. By the time I came home from school I was soo hungry and as a little kid I always had the munchies. So I took a granola bar and went in the basement with it the granola bar was not enough so I had a bag of chips my mom caught me cuz she was sleeping in the living room and heard loud eating noises and lots of crinkling. When She opened the basement door the lights were all off so she thought a racoon came into the house and was eating the laundry :D . When she turned the lights on and caught me munching and crunching away I told her I was in the dark so hypothetically speaking Im eating after sunset and in the dark :D;)

My parents thought it was too funny for me to be punished for eating in the dark basement so they told me to wait another year so I can do my fasting properly...I thought I was very ready that year.

Lefty   

looooooooooool@Cutie

Eating in the Dark, U must be bravelady..

I remember My first time, It happened when I was 9 yrs old. Sadly, my fasting of that day just ended at 1:00 during the Qado. I just couldn't hold any longer and I started eating The Qado while some of my older brothers and sisters were staring and laughing at my change of heart.

But The Positive side of that first day, I didn't cheat.

The Closer, The Warmer and The Better!

OG Moti   

My first fasting i was 5 and i fasted till 12:30 i was so proud it was like i did i whole month but next day i saw left overs of sanbuusa and bur salid from the night before could not resist and waiting for the left overs became a habit til i was 13 then i start fasting seriously, but again we lived in a very hot country so we use to play football, and when we finish playing about 3 pm we use to wash our faces and mouth but the water that suppose to wash the mouth never use to come out, where it went some use to say it is hot maybe it evaburated.. nice day.... peace

Salaan...

Loool Haruun, maskiin. Bugle hakaa saaro. :D

Ismaacil, LoL. Ilaahey caadil waaye, He Subxaana Watacaala would understand twenty minutes.

Here goes my story.

It was in 1990 just the last Ramadaan we had before this sad civil war started, and I was a 10-year-old boy at that time.

I tried to fast one day with blessings, encouragements, and some incentives from my hooyo. She told me if I fast one day fully, she would give me anything I ask on that day. How :cool: and great of it. So, I was sure, and thought it was that easy.

The day came.

I went to the masaajid. You know on the Ramadaan people would stay masaajidka, enjoying its serenity and tranquility. I went there. Everything was great until 2:00 p.m. My trough became suddenly so dry. I am thirsty now. To avoid this, every five minutes I would go to msaajidka meesha lagu weyseesto, and I would stare the tap. Everytime I go there, I would wet my head and face, to cool off. It went like this every five minutes until 4:00 p.m.

At that time, I went home, thinking now it is only two hours left until afur. Two short hours. But entering home, and still with my dryness mouth, I saw the tap. I went to it. My hooyo saw me, asking what am I doing. I told her I am just going to 'to wet and cool my head off' and nothing else.

Suddenly, and I don't know what went wrong or how it started, but one thing was clear: All of sudden, I found my mouth fully inside the tap. Drinking like a very thirsty dog. My hooyo was yelling something like, "WAR LABA SAAC KALIYA BAA KUU HARTEY. ALLA HOOGAYEEY!! ALLA BA'AYEEY!!." 16_angry.gif I don't know. I kept drinking--qulub-qulub-qulub-qulub--in about four minutes. God. Did I then got my 'senses' and 'miir' back to realize what just happened. Hadaaba soo miirsadey. And my mom was so :mad: But, finally she cooled off, and told me practice makes perfect that it wasn't that bad on the first day to go until 4.

And yeah, I got a little reward. I was treated like a real 'boy' on that evening. Serving and eating with others who fasted, which I deeply used to admire by sitting down with those folks who fasted because markii afurka la gaaro BANAANKA AADA CIYAALKIIN aa lagu heen jirey, markaasna xaafada dhan cidlo eh kaliya ciyaal wada socdo oo garaangaryaal wato. But on that day I wasn't ciyaal no more. smile.gif

Ar ma xasuustaa wali. And I never, never appreciate water until on that day. I do still know how a REAL thirst feels.

Macsalaama!!

3zma1L   

Originally posted by OG_Moti:

My first fasting i was 5 and i fasted till 12:30

You were five when...

you started Ramadan??

Honestly.. All I remmember about when I was a Five year old was the frist day I went to an Elementry school and all those strange kids, who some of them, later became my best friends..

Nuthing much more. I am sure my Mom wouldn't have allowed me to try fasting if I were even 8 years old..

The pressure to try fasting when you are around 10, comes usualy when nobody cooks a breakfast or midday lunch, or the desire to share the Iftar with the grown ups.You know, you are not allowed to share if you were not fasting..

If I was fasting or not fasting, my Ramadans best time was...

When sudenly all people keep quit and start breaking their Ramadan with Dates and cold drinks.. when the streets were empty... and

when the Radio echoes with the popular Iftar breaking song...

Soorta la cunayo...

Hadey subag tahoo...

Saxariiro weeyee..

Samo ku afuraay!!

Now, after 12 years, I wunder if I*d ever hear thas song again.

sMiLeY   

well........i was around 9 years old when i fasted for the first time......but what was more exciting when my dad give me the permision to fast the whole month i was about 12 years old......daymmm it was great finishing up the whole month ( which i can't do right now :( )

hooyo   

The first time i start fasting was when i was 9 years old, because the country i was at at the time was very hot so i used to get very thirsty,

when nobody was looking i get my self a drink and ofcourse one thing i coult give up was chewing gum.

I think i was about 8 and my mom didn't want me to fast so i was really bugging her to let me but i cheated :eek: .

I remember going to the kitchen when no one was watching and trying to get biyo but biyahoo dhan dushay igaga dateen as i was scared someone might see.

jaaluut   

looooool@ og_mot, haaruun and nuune.

waraa og, soonka xitaa sharadaa dheelee haye , ma naxaysid ninyohow.

well i was in grade five, and i remember going to masaajidka sheikh calisuufi for duhr prayer.

sheikh cabdirashiid use to recite after salaat "ashhadau an laa ilaaha illalaah, istaqfuru llaah, nas alu kal janataa wanacuuthu bikaa minna naaar" . it was very touching in the rainy days of ramadan, you just feel you are about to enter to jannah.

after that day i started fasting when i reached sixteen.

Ibtisaam   

I was about 9/10 and everyone in my family waa suxuuranaayeen, and I was like am going to suxuur with you guys tonight too. And my parents were like what :eek: "Hell NO, u are too young". Well anyways long story short they let me suxuur with them coz they go she ain't going to last long anyways so there is no point trying to convince this thick headed girl :D . And the only reason why i wanted to fast was because i kind of felt left out coz, everyone in my family would be fasting and am the only one eating breakfast, lunch etc... well anyways the first day i last till 2:00pm but familigaayga waxaa ugu sheekeeye that I lasted till 5:00pm 2 and half hours before maqrib lol. I tried 10 days later and i succeeded in my mission Alhamduilaah smile.gif And I got the world most biggest reward at the time $20 icon_razz.gif .

Nice topic by the way EzMaCiL, it brings back wonderful memories.

The earliest I remember was an attempt to fast while our family was performing 'Umrah in Makkah b4 immigrating to Canada. I believe I was about 10 years old. That day was VERY hot and stuburnly me n' my sisters decided to fast but did we even last half the day,looool, Nooo. But atleast we tried smile.gif