Sign in to follow this  
Sophist

The potential Prime Minister

Gabbal   

Che-

As cliche as it sounds (considering how used it is in this forum) but my source really is direct from the new President's innermost circle. The president from the beginning settled on the Gedo/Galgaduud/Jubba community and was vetting candidates. He has narrowed down to three and from what I hear has already chosen among them..

The president of Puntland's lack of attendance on inauguration day had to do with a telephone call gone awry on just this issue. He was told (I repeat verbatim) "the era of the transitional governments has ended" I'll leave it to the gallery to imagine just what brought that on and what ensued.

Abwaan   

Gabbal;871226 wrote:
Reer Nuur Bidaar are indeed a distinguished lot, but are you mistaking Dr Bashiir Nuur Bidaar with Dr Abdisamed Nuur Bidaar?

According to my sources, Dr Bashiir Nuur Bidaar is very much high in the list of potential premier.

I think both Bashir and Abdisamar will do well if either of them is appointed.

Carafaat   

Gabbal;871529 wrote:
Che-

As cliche as it sounds (considering how used it is in this forum) but my source really is direct from the new President's innermost circle. The president from the beginning settled on the
Gedo/Galgaduud/Jubba community
and was vetting candidates. He has narrowed down to three and from what I hear has already chosen among them..

It makes sense. One needs to clean out ASWJ, Al Shabaab and Ethiopia and Kenya funded militia's from those areas. :D

NGONGE   

Gabbal;871529 wrote:
Che-

As cliche as it sounds (considering how used it is in this forum) but my source really is direct from the new President's innermost circle. The president from the beginning settled on the Gedo/Galgaduud/Jubba community and was vetting candidates. He has narrowed down to three and from what I hear has already chosen among them..

The president of Puntland's lack of attendance on inauguration day had to do with a telephone call gone awry on just this issue. He was told (I repeat verbatim) "
the era of the transitional governments has ended
" I'll leave it to the gallery to imagine just what brought that on and what ensued.

Why would the president decide his PM must be from a certain community and limit the search to three cousins? How could he then say, with a straight face, that the era of of transition is over? :D

Yunis   

;)@Three cousins – Warya the Transition is done with – the selection process hinges on vetting within the agreed parameters of 4.5 basic formula, and doesn’t say he has to look for the prime number within the formula.

What is going on here - Warya @Che’ you did it again miyaa. It gotten that bad, that quickly for that dude Jaamac** to get the Admin’s attention? Was it really that bad?

Just like everyone else, my earlier predictions went off radar. But, a very reliable feed I got insisted, that the PM will most likely be Dr. C/Weli Sheikh Ahmed. Who did both of his MBA and PHD in economics at University of Ottawa, Canada - a former senior director of South American economic development for USAID, World Bank, and currently at Islamic Bank’s North African division.

You can be assured, if I am proven correct, I’ll keep on bragging just like @Abaan (and his late - second round call to be exact) on Press. Hassan winning it all

NGONGE   

Yunis;871625 wrote:
;)
@Three cousins – Warya the Transition is done with – the selection process hinges on vetting within the agreed parameters of 4.5 basic formula, and doesn’t say he has to look for the prime number within the formula.

But Gabbal says that the president already made up his mind about choosing a candidate from a particular region. In saying that the "transition has ended" is he saying that he's now in charge and will not try to sweet talk anyone (i.e. Farole) or is he saying that a new, good person is in charge and the old dodgy ways of Sharif are over? If the first, fair enough. If the second, how when he's already LIMITING himself with his choice for PM?

Gabbal   

Che-

Yes, it was quite bad. Glad to see swift action taking by moderators.

Yunis-

Dr Abdiwali Sheikh is definitely a man whose name has reached my ears as well.

Ngonge-

The president was alluding to the process in the transition (ways of doing things) not the power-sharing formula. The power-sharing formula is a post-conflict necessity until the duration of the provisional government period (the current era of 4 years). What the president was alluding to is the state-less method of doing this and the almost faction like friction between Puntland State and the central government whereby Faroole can dictate to Villa Somalia as its equal.

Your question was more rhetorical than realistic.