Sign in to follow this  
Sophist

The potential Prime Minister

Sophist   

News just in from the inner circle of president Hassan.

Two main contenders:

Dr Ali Isse: Darwiish

Dr Abdisamad Loya: Caabudwaaq.

1. Dr. Ali Issa Abdi:

MBA in International Finance and PhD in Economics. Worked as Senior Economist and Manager at the International Monetary Fund for nearly three decades. Most recent assignments at the IMF were as an Advisor in the African region, and Senior Resident Representative in Tanzania (2001-04) and in Ethiopia (1998-2001). Other professional experience includes work as an economist with Citibank and the Central Bank of Somalia; and Professor in economics at several universities in the United States.

Dr. Abdi provided macroeconomic policy advice to more than 30 countries in Africa, Middle East and the Western Hemisphere, during

his distinguished career at the IMF. He participated in the formulation of economic and social policy reforms in many countries in Africa, including Ghana and Nigeria (in the West); Eritrea, Ethiopia, Tanzania, and Uganda (in the East), and Mauritius, Mozambique and Zimbabwe (in the South). Dr. Abdi led staff teams that conducted annual consultations and program negotiations with, and provided technical assistance to member countries of the IMF for many years.Dr Abi has well established relationships with most of the countries in IGAD and his expertise is continuously sough by Financial institutions in the US.

Dr Abdi has also authored several books on Macro Economics on Africa.

Second one is from Caabuwaaq:

1. Abdisamad Nur Loyan,Consulting Senior Director at HP where he Coordinates Advisory Services Projects for potential acquisitions to help architect and deliver complex process improvement and integration solutions to improve HP’s profitability and market leadership Manages budgets in access of 100 million dollars to deliver and implement HP’s strategic business decisions in terms of acquisitions. Prior to HP where he was more than 10 years, Dr Loyan has been a Lecturer in Economics at Collarado University.

Abdisamad has a Phd in Economics gained when he was merely 26 years of age.

----

Halkaan ayaad kamaqasheen!

Gabbal   

Reer Nuur Bidaar are indeed a distinguished lot, but are you mistaking Dr Bashiir Nuur Bidaar with Dr Abdisamed Nuur Bidaar?

According to my sources, Dr Bashiir Nuur Bidaar is very much high in the list of potential premier.

-Lily-   

Sophist thanks for that. We know from past experience no amount of education eradicates tribalism and corruption, so it will be their integrity, honesty, and fair dealings which will really matter, not that I am saying they don’t possess these qualities (Allah knows best) but we Somalis just love to over emphasise education like it’s the holy grail. Not to mention for a Somali man of their age education was by chance for the majority and not necessarily an opportunity that was extended to all. What I would really like to know is who these men ARE, but I guess we’ll know if and when one of them is appointed. How much time have they spent inside Somalia in the last 2 decades? I am a bit concerned about these exported diaspora politicians who have no real networks and insight on the ground which makes their jobs much harder afterwards as you need these networks and the know-how to work effectively.

So I am asking you as you seem to be in the know how.

Mario B   

-Lily-;871256 wrote:
Sophist thanks for that. We know from past experience no amount of education eradicates tribalism and corruption, so it will be their integrity, honesty, and fair dealings which will really matter...

This.

Yunis   

Che -Guevara;871515 wrote:
^Did he molest you?

^^^Che – what you on about? If I remember correctly, there was a forum mujaahid… Adam-something-Jungle, who wasn’t able to keep his emotions in-check & you kept on pushing, giving him kick-in-the-teeth until he lost it all, and got banned for it. Let’s hope, Adam-some-Jungle….oh I mean Jaamac*** can withstand your toasting now.

^

Trust me, Che of all people is not the sort of dude who'd infuriate anyone to the brink, like you suggest. He's never had what it takes nor the wherewithal to illicit such a reaction.

Tillamook;871520 wrote:
^

Trust me, Che of all people is not the sort of dude who'd infuriate anyone to the brink, like you suggest. He's never had what it takes nor the wherewithal to illicit such a reaction.

There's inherent contradiction in your statement.