Sign in to follow this  
Garnaqsi

What did this guy see?

Garnaqsi   

Freelance web designer Kevin O’Brian says his hacking days are over after prying into his neighbour’s computer – and losing some important sections of his humanity.

stressed_out_man.jpg

“I don’t want to talk about what I saw. I’m still not ready to do that without professional supervision. Let’s just say there is somebody in my building that needs to be put down. Like a dog.”

Though O’Brian admits to having a certain status within the hacking community, he is leaving that world behind.

“I simply cannot risk subjecting myself to that sort of customized digital content again. Ever.”

“One minute I was flicking through someone else’s photographs – the next I was having my faith in mankind incinerated.”

“The worst part is that there are 60 flats in my building. The wifi accounts are just numbers. I don’t even know who it is. I could be walking past them every day, sharing the lift, saying ‘hi’.”

“I don’t deserve this. Nobody deserves this. Once you’ve stared into the chasm – that’s it – you can’t unstare it.”

Mario B   

Who told him to snoop? if he's got kids then my advice to him is to keep an eye on them, all the time!, this should be standard,no?:(

NGONGE   

Alpha Blondy;870955 wrote:
LOL@ 'losing some important sections of his humanity.' - statement of the week!

Yes. But what "section"? :D

The clue of what he has seen is in here:

Let’s just say there is somebody in my building that needs to be put down. Like a dog.

Maybe it was one of those people who abuse animals in a perverted way.

this man is a hacker and a voyeur. who cares! at least he will not expose people.

in the west, the internet services providers are not concerned about spying on the personal tastes lol of their subscribers but walahi in an unregulated environment where i could be an ISP provider, there are no data protection laws and civil liberties are still 67 years away....its prone to abuse and the young, Hyderabad and Kampala educated, little beard akhis that work or SOMTEL and TELESOM probably go through my content history every night. i'm worried. even private mode browsing like google's incognito are not safe from their infiltration.

Malika   

Alpha Blondy;871132 wrote:
this man is a hacker and a voyeur. who cares! at least he will not expose people.

in the west, the internet services providers are not concerned about spying on the personal tastes lol of their subscribers but walahi in an unregulated environment where i could be an ISP provider, there are no data protection laws and civil liberties are still 67 years away....its prone to abuse and the young, Hyderabad and Kampala educated, little beard akhis that work or SOMTEL and TELESOM probably go through my content history every night. i'm worried. even private mode browsing like google's incognito are not safe from their infiltration.

Lol..Alpha, I dont know why but this made me chuckle - kulaha Hyderabad and Kampala, educaed little bearded akhis probably go through my content history [ I get an image of dwarfs with beards working relentless all night].....Lol..I am sure your safe, apart from bullying Narniah maxaa kale qabataa?