Sign in to follow this  
Narniah

~Humbled~

Carafaat   

Wtf. She just did what she was supposed to be doing. Helping her elder. I am suprised she doesnt do that on daily basis.

Spoiled little kids!

Showqi   

Narniah: we are all proud of you. Waajibkaagii Soomaalinimo si fiican ayaad uga soo baxday:cool: even when you were scered dareenkaagu wuu Ku siin waayey in aad qof Soomaaliyeed oo tabaaleysan wadadda uga dhaqaaqdo. Inasha`alla illaahay ayaa Kaa abaal marindoona. But please be careful next time and have your Kab ready in case that person gets aggressive with you.

guerilla   

Wadani;870813 wrote:
Narniah, That was a wonderful read. There's just something about the bond we Somalis have; something deep and visceral about it.

You Sir just made my day!

I remember dishing out Somali on the tube to some old busy bodies once, they were nattering about whether I was Somali or Jamaican very audibly right in front of me.

'naa wa Somaali' loudly whispered about 5 times with a few interjections of 'maya eegaa gacanteed', 'eeg timaheed' 'eeg sankeed'

The differing one looked shocked when I said 'shaqo baad ubaantiheen' (oh snap!)

The other simply looked smug.

I can vouch for my arms, I've some pretty impressive tattoos (how's that for shameless plugging Alpha Blondy?) as for sankeyga iyo timaheyga it's anyone's guess really.

Back to the topic, something iffy about this story Narniah, how did he get a card and pin without knowing how to use an ATM machine?

Was he simply waiting around for a Somali person to walk by that fateful night or did he have other plans for cash withdrawal? If so, what were they? Why was he so trusting of a Stranger? Was he mad? How much did he have available? The mind boggles.

Did you not ask him any questions?

raula   

Alpha Blondy;870884 wrote:
LOL@Nariah,

couple of things:

you know sometime they say its just words on a screen, But at times its really true soul panorama of whosoever conveys them in writing. Alpha i hope its not in your natural essence to be this despicable.

Narniah..that was lovey & not boring, you can do it & gal you've got my support & surely your families (including your courage & willingness to take it upon yourself to learn more about your culture et cetera)-It is indeed an amazing aspect of our Somali culture/character.

Chimera-Alhamdulilah you are doing alright bro. (Reminds me of once when i was in London..& decided to walk over to my sister's house at night ~10pm wasn't that bad according to my calculations..but man i was scared sh*&less by the foxes more than the hoodlums, i wsa about to cry as i was lost & had too many encounters w/those creatures i started to think if i was back in the western frontiers :D)

Blessed   

Thats nice of you Narnia, my mum does the bank card thing, I'm always telling her off about it.

I like odayaasha but wouldn't trust young Somalis as I was once attacked by a Somali drunk AFTER I helped him out, this skinny, dirty thing demands that I give him my number and when I tell him to eff off, he grabs my hands and tries to press me against the wall, I some how manage to push him and to my surprise like a rag doll he just falls to the ground, bal maxaa kalifay? Istupidh fool! .

why are you making me look like a domestic violence practitioner. for our cordial relation malika please refrain from defaming me.

this idea that men are wholly violent creatures intent on abusing women is created and propagated by feminists, self-hating women and spread in its entirety by the liberal media and the tabloids. there is never a mention of violent disgusting women who abuse their husbands whether emotional or physically. we shouldn't engender violence as something that is purely the fault of men.