Sign in to follow this  
Nur

e-Nuri Opticians, Where believing is seeing!

Nur

Much obliged Akhi! I, too, shall give philosophy and Kalam a rest in the month of Ramadan if not permanently. Hopefully, this way I will be able to focus on my cibaadah.

With Salaams

PK

Nur   

A Day, at The eNuri Vision Clinic

Nur is the resident Vision examiner

Nur: Salaams, who do we have at the clinic today?

Receptionist: Sister Arawelo, she wants her vision examined.

Nur: What is her problem?

Receptionist: She has hard time seeing

Nur: Seeing what?

Receptioinst: She cant see a beyound what she can phyisically sense.

Nur: Does she see a purpose for the senses she is using to feel things around her?

Receptioinst: Sir, I dont know, please ask her.

Nur: please send her in.

Arawelo: Salaams Nur.

Nur: Salaams, Ms Arawalo, what is the problem today, would you tell me more about your background if you dont mind?

Arawalo: I grew up in a Somali Muslim home, we moved to Milwaukee in the early nineties as refugees from the Civil war, when I was only ten, I attended a Catholic primary school, and after highschool my parents put me in an all girls Catholic College where I graduated with distinction, but in the course of that journey, being a Somali Muslim, studying the Catholic religion kinda tore me apart, as a critical thinker, simply put, Catholicism made me an agnostic of all religions, since I knew lil about islam, and my parents were not into religion, I reasoned that all faiths are the same, just a collection of fairy tales and absurd beliefs. Now, as an ambitious young girl jirto joining the labor force and social circles, , I am at cross roads, diverging to all directions, I am bewildered, since losing my faith in orgainzed religion altogether, I find all moral prohibitions to be within reach without guilt, but, something I dont know is holding me back from doing so, I turn heads wherever I go, and still a virgin and have never even dated a man, further, I have no any inclination to pervertion whatsover although I am humming with natural desires, what can your clinic do for me to live a fuller life with a purpose Nur?

Nur: Arawelo, your case is special, you need at least five sessions of exploratory testing, a session of calibration of vision and if all works well, two final sessions for adjustments to your new frames of reference.

Arawelo: Cant wait, when can we start next session?

Nur: Check with the reseotionist, she will make an appointment for you, meanwhile, bring with you a list of points that find confusing when you hear about religion, lets explore these issues next time.

Arawelo: Thanks, Nur, I cant wait

2nd Session

Nur: Hi Arawelo, Iska Warran?

Arawelo: I guess Nabad, my Somali is rusty, excuse me.

Nur: Where should we start today? ummm , confusing beliefs?

Arawelo: That is right, I have so many of them, I hope I am not offending, but, what makes islam different than Cathocism? i am well versed in the bible, though not Christian.

Nur: You see Arawelo, our beliefs stem from our convictions which are in turn a product of an intellectual activity based on knowledge. The better the source of knowledge, the more convincing, thus, the better sense a belief makes.

Arawelo: You mean the confusion I have about religion is based on the accuracy of the materials I have read about religion?

Nur: Brilliant!, that is right.

Arawelo: So, with the right ifnormation, my judgement on religions would be more accurate?

Nur: Bravo! that is it.

Arawelo: Now i get it!

Nur: What?

Arawelo: I want to know more about the authenticity of the Bible and the Quraan, then I can judge for myself, if indeed they are all the same.

Nur: Well, let me ask you a question, what is the last name of Saint Mark? the author of one of the books, or any other author?

Arawelo: I never thought about it, why is it necessary to know their last names?

Nur: If you were a publisher of books, would you publish a book if all you know about me is my fisrt name, no address, no origin, or background etc?

Arawelo: You mean all 72 books of the Catholic Church are by unknown authors?

Nur: At least, in terms of of their last names.

Arawelo: Interesting!, now, we've studied in the devinities class many confusing concepts such as the deveinity of Jesus , the Holy Mary, original sin, trinity, which all contributed to my agnosticism, what does Islam say about these issues?

Nur: Well, that would be for next session, till next time, please read this translation of the Quraan and come prepared for a discussion.

Arawelo: Thanks Nur, that was an informative session, you have opened my eyes for possibilities. And thank you for the Quraan, my parents have one at home, its in Arabic and neither of them can read, but they believe in, which another reason i didnt take my belief fromj them.

Session: 3

Nur: Hi Arawelo, you seem cherfull today, any special event?

Arawelo: The Quraan, its amazing, I just read teh Chapter on Mary, quite a difference of what we were taught in Bible class.

Nur: You mean, a fundmental change? any examples

Arawelo: Well, I am still confused, but the level of my confusuon has deminished from hopeless to hopeful, I now can see through the cracks of a dark room aglimpse of light, but I am afraid to open the door.

Nur: what do you mean Arawelo? I cant help you if you dont open up.

Arawelo: I mean, I am afraid that I will be dragged to a nonending journey, unknown and scary, my life now, is oblivious, but predictable.

Nur: OK, that is understandable, its called inertia in physics, but, if you dont look for a new cheese, you may not enjoy your current cheese for long, so open the lid, and let more light (Nur) come in.

Arawelo: All right Nur, allow me to grow slow, at my pace, I want to take my time to read Quraan, Islamic history, etc,

Nur: Wonderful!, inshAllah I will be waiting to hear from you.

To be contiuned.......................................................

Nur

Coloow   

Asalamu calaykum,

Nuur, Mutakalim, Baashi and Viking. Wow! What a discussion. These were the days when people really discussed.

Nuur, unfortunately because of a busy schedule, I wouldn't be able to read e-nur on SOL. would it be possible to subscribe to it (using the e-mail)?

Nur   

When it snows in Ottawa, people fall down in Mogadishu!

The level of

in the Somali community abroad regarding the conflict at home is at all time high, you can't tell the difference between fact and Media fiction.

eNuri Opticians to the job!

Coming Soon, inshAllah

Nur

Nur   

How to read the news with eNuri NewsLens Products!

Let us use eNuri lenses to read the following reports by the New York Times:

Insurgents storm hotel, kill at least 30

8/25/2010 6:28:21 AM

By Jeffrety Gettleman

New York Times News Service

NAIROBI, Kenya — Somali insurgents disguised in government military uniforms stormed a Mogadishu hotel on Tuesday and killed at least 30 people, including six lawmakers, laying bare how vulnerable Somalia's government is, even in an area it claims to control. The insurgents methodically moved room to room, killing hotel guests who tried to bolt their doors shut, Somali officials said. When government forces finally cornered the insurgents, two blew themselves up with suicide vests.

Several Somali politicians said that the government was so thoroughly under siege that it could work only from behind fortified, sandbagged positions, and that the shrinking government enclave in Mogadishu, the capital, could soon vanish altogether.

The most powerful insurgents are the Shabab, a militant Islamist group that has stoned civilians to death and pledged allegiance to al-Qaida.

The hotel raid followed intense shelling against government positions on Monday, which killed dozens of people and sent shells crashing into camps for internally displaced people.

''There's been fierce fighting and the government is getting pushed back," said Abdirizak Farah, a shopkeeper who fled his home at 4 a.m. Tuesday to seek shelter closer to government troops.

The three-story hotel that was attacked, the Muna, was popular among Somali lawmakers because it was thought to be secure and was located less than a mile away from the presidential palace.

"They killed everyone they saw inside the hotel and then blew themselves up," said Abdirahman Omar Osman, Somalia's information minister. He called the attack "murder" and said it was "against Islamic religion," especially during the holy month of Ramadan.

An 11-year-old shoeshine boy and a woman selling tea near the hotel were also killed, African Union officials said.

A Shabab spokesman on Tuesday said that Shabab "special forces" were the ones who stormed the hotel.

Earlier on Tuesday, the government claimed to have captured one of the attackers.

The last time the government was dealt such a deadly blow was in December, when the Shabab killed four government ministers in a suicide bombing at a medical school graduation in another hotel in the government zone.

Somalia has lurched from crisis to crisis since 1991, when the central government collapsed. Several Somali officials have conceded that if it were not for the African Union peacekeepers, the government would fall, most likely in hours.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>eNuri NewsLens Version Coming Soon!

Don't go away. we will be right back, inshAllah.

Nur

Nur   

Sultan Dheere

May be its time for adjusting your frame of reference. Its hard to focus when all you see is blurred. Will come come back

Nur