Sign in to follow this  
oba hiloowlow

The Wagalla Massacre

STOIC   

I dearly love the victim clan and it really upsets me to see that Kenya has not settled this case in a fair way.Though some Somalis were at a position of leadership like General Mohamud (from the clan) in all fairness I doubt they had anything to do with it. The victims of this massacre are from what I will say the most beautiful and kind Somali clan neighbors and friends you will ever have.The story I widely heard and believe is that there was a fight over grazing land between the and clan.The Kenyan government took advantage of the inter-clan war by punishing one group heavily.This is where suspicion settles in people's mind.Some believed there was Siyad Barre involvement over some unsettled death of a man from the victims clan.I don't know how far this is true.Allahu aclaam.

I knew a guy who told me he was spared because he had Waqoyii accent because he was close business associate with some waqoyii khat traders and drivers. Beautiful human being with a big soul.

Carafaat   

Apophis;870396 wrote:
The man had his own problems to deal with and he was in no position to start something.

The regime was committing its own killings and massacres in Mudug and later in Hargeysa.

Or do you think that is not proven as well. lool

NGONGE   

Apophis;870382 wrote:
All true, that's why it was unnecessary to mention the man's origin as it has no bearing on the known facts. It was state action, and the Kenyan government was responsible for the massacre.

Are you related to the man warya? :D

(it's always crazy to stand in the way of a baying mob).

Siyaasi   

oba hiloowlow;870381 wrote:
Saalax thanks for sharing didn't know about that ...

oba hiloowlow;870381 wrote:
A friend of mine i was talking to some minutes ago even said that Siad barre and his government were supporting this massacre..

oo adiga ma waxaa tahay nin wax waliba lagu shubto....

you seem to be a very gullible man.

Haatu   

I don't know about the Wagalla massacre but I know that Siyaad AUN stood up for us in the Garissa massacre. From what my mum tells me the Kenyans rounded up nearly every single man in the town in a large enclosure where they were held for a couple of days. According to my mum the situation was dire. At this point Siyaad AUN sent a message to the Kenyans saying "haddii aad dadkaas 24 sac gudahood ugu sii dayn weysaan, rag iska daayee dumar baan idiin soo diri. The Kenyans as usual being cowards released the men. AUN Siyaad hana ka ajar siiyo for even my abti was one of those men.

The worst thing is that the perpetrators of these crimes, as well as the Garissa massacre are still freely walking around in Kenya today. It just proves that unfortunately that Kenya time and time again has chosen to be no friend to the Somali people, which is a mistake on their part.

Haatu   

^ I can't say coz I wasn't around back then. But believe you me, my mother was present at the time and this is what she told me.

A_Khadar   

There are so many massacres done to somalis in Kenya, Ethiopia and in Somalia as well.. May Allah have given his mercy to the victims and punish those behind it.

I have not heard of the Wallaga tragedy before but the past few years from this forum, though I heard about the Garrisa one before where Siyaad stood by them, not sure if it's the truth or fabrication, but to be fair, unless we have the whole story, no one can be accused for this other than perpetrators, the Kenyan gov. Let us go after Kenya for what it has done to the people without getting back pointing fingers at each other as usual. There are men burned live in Hagardheer camp in the 90s by Kenya police officers, and it's not good to blame a clan A or B though those done Somali officers were among them yet they had the Kenya uniform and it’s Kenya's responsibility.

Not to mention only these, but there are so many violations that are committed against Somalis who sought refuge in Kenya and elsewhere and many Somalis are victims.

I recalled an incident happened in mid 1991off of the cost of Ras Kamboni where Somalia’s Fishery ship from Kismanyo which went to Kenya was looted by Kenyan navy and removed its engine and then later loaded many Somalis refugees caught from Kenya’s costs including children and women and they pulled the ship and left in the middle of the see with many people in the ship. (Kuukuyo are merciless creators) As the ship drifted towards the shore, it finally came to this huge rock/mountain in the middle of the sea and kept slamming against the mountain until the ship broke into pieces and knocked out everyone in it into the mercy of the ocean where many people died most of them women and children. This is just one incident and I am sure there are so many similar or may be worse happened and still happening. Allah ha u sahlo somalida.. It will be wise to document all these tragedies!