Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

The Premiership 2008/2009

Abtigiis   

Arshevin doesn't look he is fitting Arsenal. He is slow and weak. I don't think he will last long.

Man U's advantage is largely becuase they are good at beating small teams, while Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal draw matches that they should have won.

To me, the best team in England now (looking at the players it has) is Liverpool, followed by Arsenal and then Man U. Chelsea got an aging team: Ballack, Anelka, Cole are on the bad side of their career. But the coming of Maluda might help them. He is a very good player.

N.O.R.F   

A&T,

The more you commentate on the beautiful game the closer you get to an outright ban from the sports section. I mean, Malouda? Come on man you can't be serious!

Abtigiis   

Let Ngonge come in here. I think malouda is an exceptionally good player. Without the injuries, he could have vied for the best player award. he is quick, dribbles fast and has an eye for goal. He distributes the ball and is techincally very gifted.

Can you tell me why he is not good?

EDIT:-

In fact, it is time we write a petition to LST to remove you from this MOD post which you squat on illegally. :D

Unless you are relieving those nights of magic against Holland in Euro, Arshavin (by his own admission)has not peformed to the expected level just yet at Arsenal. I am also afraid Spain would have suited him better, as the tough English game wouldn't allow him the time he needs on the ball.

N.O.R.F   

Every time I have seen him play for Chelsea he has looked very ordinary. Never produced a performance of note and is usually very wasteful when in good positions. He will be out at the end of the season.

Thierry.   

Malouda is one of the worst players in chelsea side I blame him for france failure in the Euros.

Arshavin not fitting in AT you are starting to worry me saxiib

Abtigiis   

If he is out, it is because of injuries. That is sad. But his techincal capcity and artistic football is something no one can dispute. Contrary to your assertion, he was a game winner at multiple times and is one reason why Chelsea won the premiership.

Edit:-

Yes, Arshavin is not playing well. He hasn't done that so far. In fact, Wenger is on record for saying he is coming from a different season and is not yet fit for the rush of the english game. Where do you get this idea he is playing well? [with a nuance that I haven't watched the latest game with Newcastle in full].

Abtigiis   

"Cristiano Ronaldo and Florent Malouda received 9s from our reporters and Chelsea's crushing 5-0 victory over Sunderland"..

This is not for this season.

I got this from a google. See who is getting 9?????

Fabregas   

with all due respect A@T, i don't know what game of football you've been watching.........Ars havin scored a wonderful goal against blackburn, made two, and look good against newcastle and the best is set to come from him. Far from being Slow, he is actually the only arsenal player( apart from walcot) that I've seen this season run at players and take them on, rather than passing the continously outside the oppositions box. In fact, the way he cuts in from the wing reminds of mr va va voom.

NGONGE   

Arshavin played well in the last couple of games but not as well as he did for his last team or for Russia. He's going to get MUCH better by the look of things. He's not Hleb though. :D

Malouda won the league with Chelsea? Really? He used to be a very good player though. You people have to excuse A&T. Africa time bu ku socda. Back there, they are watching the 2005/6 season LIVE on dvd. :D

WingA   

its nice to see the league so tight and liverpool are starting to fight for it now.. its good to see them finally mount a serious challenge and may the best team win..

personally. i think Arshavin is fantastic player who has shown moments of quality and hasnt reached top gear yet so wait and see lads..

Abtigiis   

Originally posted by QuadYearUnited:

personally. i think Arshavin is fantastic player who has shown moments of quality and hasnt reached top gear yet so wait and see lads..

my feeling too. I just didn't want to jump to the adulations of Norf and others who shout after the hype of the media. I know he is good technically, but in the last couple of games, he was just average. He played well, but nothing that warrants standing ovation yet. My other gut feeling is that he may struggle in England; I thought Spain would have suited his skills.

N.O.R.F   

^Says the man who thinks Malouda is quality lol

I have been Arshavin for a few years now (Zenit and the Eufa Cup? Russia at the Euros?). The guy is quality.

You see A&T, you need to differentiate between those who run and run with little end product (Malouda, Nani, Lennon etc) and those who are dangerous before they even touch the ball.