Sign in to follow this  
Mooge

What if the government takes away your child?

Aaliyyah   

Let me ask you this sisters..what's your take on that video that I posted where two hard working parents' kids were taken away or let me put it this way "snatched away"? where is that system that you ladies speak of? that system wasn't applied in this case althou i dont think this happens to families whose fathers are present for the most part but it does shed some light. And, I am not here to say that those single moms are fit to be a parent or are not for that matter. I wouldn't know. But, simply how do we know if that legal processes or that system was actually applied to them? especially when many of those single moms don't know much about the system itself? They don;t have the right tools to speak for themselves. Who are we to say they deserved to lose their kids.

As for social workers I do agree that it is a respectable job. I have never said it wasn't.We are actually in need of many somali social workers so they can be the voice for their people especially the single moms. Laakin waxa hubaal ah social workers in ay caruurta somaliyeed ee marba gurgigooda ka kaxeenayaan ee gaalo kale gacanta u galinayaan inay wax ugu jirto. It is part of their job. Especially in europe, these type of stories seem to be more prevalent there.

Aaliyyah   

^ Neither do we know the full story of any of those single moms who lost their kids to the system so it wouldn't be wise to make judgement and go as far as saying they deserve to lose their kids. It is a given that if a mother neglects her child she shouldnt be a parent, but at the end of the day who can prove all these somali single moms are not fit to be a parent and that they neglected their kids?

And, even if they did neglected their kids in some way. Those mothers are better than some foster family who doesn't share with that kid his/her culture, religion and way of life. That child will not benefit anything from going to a foster home "noloshii uun buu ka dhacaya".and those who are rushing to say oh we would have actually snatched the kids away from some particular moms..I am just wondering what are the alternative you have for them? labo wayeel oo cadcad in aad carurtaa u geesaan iyo eeygooda.

Anyhow, ilaahay dhulkeeni ha nugu celiyo asago nabad ah. When people decide to make a decision to raise kids abroad they have to know the kind of things they can confront with..it is not as easy as it was back home. Ilaahay hano gargaaro.

Blessed   

Lol aaliyah, hubaalka xageed ka keentay? Ma maxkabadaha ayaad la fadhiisatay or just repeating sheeko xaawaley? It's more pravalent in Europe because Somali mothers balwad qaad ayay barteen oo caruurtii ku dayaceen, exposing them to all sorts of risk.

Guzel   

We cannot make blank statements where children are better off, all cases are different. But social workers try their best to keep children with their families because taking them into care is costly and it means separating siblings. It is just sad.

i'm sorry but i'm shocked and quite frankly disappointed at the outpouring of sympathy here. the reality on the ground suggests that somali families are dysfunctional and its a little silly to blame the authorities. the thread that weaves together the family fabric is no more. few, if any somali mothers can raise their kids adequately. somali fathers are useless and their role has been replaced by the welfare state and drug abuse. the kids themselves, have no sense of familial responsibilities, no doubt a result of lack of strong and discipline parenting. all these factors have made serious inroads towards the family structure, collapsing what little bond existed if any at all, and have produced a generation of degenerates and feral somali children who are unruly, consumerist and seriously neglected. its no surprises that the authorities are crack-downing on somali households. this is justified.

Juxa   

Aaliyah I did not even watch the video but I speak from experience and I know things involving this issue are never how our people nogu sheegaan

I too once stood by islaan claiming her kids walaga qatey etc then came the day when lagu cadeeyay she put a sleeping child on top of bunker bed, lugta xarig uga xertay and went to a wedding

Her defence his siblings were in the house. Sadly in the middle of the night he attempted to come down, wuu soo dhacay and sustained severe head injury

I extend my sympathy as mistakes happen but neglect is something else. I just wish the kids could go relatives etc

Aaliyyah   

Apophis, this world is a test. If God punished us for every mistake we did none of us would be here. Rather, we were given a mind to decide our actions and we will be accountable for the choices we make in the here-after..

Juxa, wow sis. That lady was probably insane. So did they take her kids to a foster family? I hope they ended up with a relative.

Aaliyyah   

*Blessed;870227 wrote:
Lol aaliyah, hubaalka xageed ka keentay? Ma maxkabadaha ayaad la fadhiisatay or just repeating sheeko xaawaley? It's more pravalent in Europe because Somali mothers balwad qaad ayay barteen oo caruurtii ku dayaceen, exposing them to all sorts of risk.

haa blessed maxkamadaha ayaan la fadhiistay social workerskana shekadooda ayaan gunta ka gaadhey LOL..just kidding. But, seriously sis I doubt those kids who are being taken from their family are being taken for the sole purpose of their safety. Waan huba galada inay rabaan umada muslimka ah in ay caruurta dalow ka tuuraan oo dhaqanka iyo diintaba ka fogeeyaan lacagna ku qataan haday rabaan.

As for the Khat issue..islamuhuna ma cunaan? taas waa dhib. Qof qamri cabaya, sigaar buufinaya, ama khat cunaya ilmo ma korsan karo. Ilaahay dhibtaas intey haysato haka dul qaado.

Aaliyyah   

^ You don't know if those kids were taken to a better place. Maybe they were taken away from their mother who wasn't mentally stable to a stranger who doesn't give a damn about them. The grass isn't always greener at the other side. So, who said justice was served? You are merely assuming.

Secondly, Look at you denying the very existence of God. Yet, God is merciful and he's giving you time to repent if you so choose to. Do yourself a favor and read the Koran (or the English translation if you don't understand arabic). And, remember at the end of the day if you believe it is only to your benefit. God doesn't need anything from his own creation.

Blessed   

The woman mentioned by juxa had her kids placed with somaalis and pakistanis. Again, in Britain children are usually placed with families of similar background or relatives if they step up and are deemed fit. I can't speak of othe EU countries. The state is not interested in separating families, that's always the last resort and certainly not in forking out so much money in a lengthy legal process just for the heck of it, in fact they often fall short of protecting children, Victoria Climbie, Khyra Ishaq and Aaliya Jama (whose story makes me so angry) are few tragic examples of this.

I'm not really familiar with other places but in scandinavia and specifically Norway, there are more kids taken out of their homes and a large proportion of them are somali children. The government have recieved their share of critisism and even been accused of state kidnapping. I know there are many parents who shouldn't raise kids and clearly are not capable of doing so. Except for few cases, relatives ( some even resourceful) are usually not allowed to to take care of them, let alone anyone with the same culture and religion. And since there are few somali or muslim fosterhomes existing, the odds of these kids turning out to be dad dhisan with deen and culture is very slim.

Those who actually are trying to raise their kids properly are unfortunately sharing similar fate, having their kids unneccesary questioned by teachers or kindergarden workers. I know i'ts a part of their job, which is really fine. But what I dont like is how some are instigating conflicts that did not previously exist, planting ideas in the minds of vulnerable and easily persuaded children and sometimes even blowing small misunderstandings out of proportion. Luckily some are revealed but not many. Maybe these occuring incidents is perhaps strenghtened by the fact that the somali community is relatively less connected and passive when it comes to dealing with these matters, contrary to 20 years back. I believe the child services are really testing the waters when it comes to somalis. Since many somali parents does not know how to go about it, or try not to disclose the misfortune of loosing their kids to others, helping them is often too late. Decaying families and lack of awareness of the society and its language does not really help much eiher. That's why I think our children are more prone to experience this. The eurocentric behaviour pertaining to ways of rearing children expressed by kindergarden workers and by the child services is quite obvious in many cases aswell. I'm not saying somalis are not at fault here, many really are, so the faults goes both ways which in turn makes it difficult to cooperate. But what's missing, which they are also critized for, is their lack of efforts when it comes to helping these families at their homes with their kids. That is instead of resorting to the extremes, which is breaking up families. Something they say is the last resort, but does not seem to be in many cases.

Ilaahay ha u sahlo soomalida dhibaato yarayn ayaa haysata dadkeena.

Buuxo   

You gotta love mama Maryan Mursal's daacadnimo and humour.Had the pleasure of meeting her at restaurant in Dubai ,she & my mum started singing "haybad Waan ku leenahay dhulkeena hooyo" whilst discussing jabka qurbaha & qoxootinimo

On the topic, Somalis intay ceebta qarsadaan been Iyo Balaayo sheegi.carruurta bilaash Loma qaato.

Aaliyyah;870395 wrote:
Secondly, Look at you denying the very existence of God. Yet, God is merciful and he's giving you time to repent if you so choose to. Do yourself a favor and read the Koran (or the English translation if you don't understand arabic). And, remember at the end of the day if you believe it is only to your benefit. God doesn't need anything from his own creation.

Don't waste your time and energy you can't guide whomever God chooses to misguide there is no way you can save that person. You can't also misguide a person whom God has guided. Whatever you do it's like trying to make the impossible possible just let him be and accept him for who he is. If you sincerely care about him and his future the best thing you can do is make a prayer for him so God can guide him back to the right path that's all.

Aaliyyah   

Of course I will pray for him no doubt. But, it doesn't hurt to advice him. As muslims it is part of our duty to preach (although in my post I barely preached him I simply suggested he grabs a copy of the Koran and see for himself ..)

“And who is better in speech then he who invites to Allaah, meaning, Islamic monotheism and does righteous deeds and says; `I am one of the Muslims`” [Quran 41:33].

Aaliyyah;870663 wrote:
Of course I will pray for him no doubt. But, it doesn't hurt to advice him. As muslims it is part of our duty to preach (although in my post I barely preached him I simply suggested he grabs a copy of the Koran and see for himself ..)

“And who is better in speech then he who invites to Allaah, meaning, Islamic monotheism and does righteous deeds and says; `I am one of the Muslims`” [Quran 41:33].

I know but it isn't really appreciated looking at their replies so you better off saying nothing anyways I was just telling you that you were entering a dead end conversation.