Sign in to follow this  
lulla

Is it haraam for males to wear a condom...

lulla   

Salaam,

I had a question regarding sex. I heard that it is haram for the male to use a condom, is this true? Are married couples are only allowed to have sex if they want a baby,and not just pleasure for themselves. Does anyone know if this is true, thanks.

Wasalaam.

Rahima   

I hope the following answers your question sister smile.gif

Question:

ASSLAMU ALAIKUM. I WANT TO KNOW WHETHER CONDOMS CAN BE USED OR WHAT IS THE MEANS OF PREVENTING PREGNANCY. WHAT IS THE ADVISABLE MEANS ACCORDING TO ISLAM?

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

It is permissible to use condoms so long as this does not cause any harm and so long as both husband and wife consent to their use, because this is similar to ‘azl (coitus interruptus or “withdrawal”). But it reduces the sensation of pleasure, which is the right of both partners, and reduces the chance of conception, which is also the right of both partners. Neither one of them is allowed to deprive the other of these rights. And Allaah is the course of strength.

Islam Q&A

Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid (www.islam-qa.com)

Muslimah   

Bismillah Ar-Rahman Ar-Rahiim

All praises are due to Allaah, we praise Him, we seek His help and His forgivenss.

Mashaa Allaah, Rahiima thanks for providing the info. Hey lulla, to answer your second q: are married couples only to have sex when they want a kid?

I would like to say, alhamdulillah, no. Marriage is a means to protect your private parts ie. no pre-marital activities. Humans have needs. Allaah designed us that way. We have natural desires and marriage is a means to fulfill such desires. In other words, if ur married to each other yall can do whateva u want, wheneva u want. Mind that sodomy is haram and most Islamic jurists consider oral sex makru (disliked). Having intimate relations wit one's spouse is a form sadaqa(charity). Allaahu Akbar.

If I have said anything wrong it is from myself and the shaytan. If I have stated anything correct, it is only from Allaah, the Most High. O Allaah, accept this from me. Dear reader plz say amin.

Taqwa   

I am speechless. Why is it that this sister spends her time on meaningless things such as this, and not acquire other knowledge through the means of going to a Sheikh. I don't think its her business to know this, but her future spouse, unless he is also an idiot. I don't know about you guys, but when people mention such things, I am disgusted. There are site's where she can get her answers, yet we have to go through her torment of unprofessional questions. I will give you an example of a sheikh that was asked the same question. Wallahi this happened.

Sister: Assalamu Alaikum Sheikh.

Sheikh: Wa alaikum Salam.

Sister: I wanted to ask you if condoms are hallal for brothers to use.

Sheikh: Are you a man, dear daughter (he's 65).

Sister: of course not, why.

Sheikh: Its something for your husband to know, because I could give you the answer, but how will it benefit a lady. Your husband should know, since its recommended to marry pious individuals.

Sheikh, was blushing.

By the way, that sheikh is so right. Its okay for a brother to ask a Sheikh on matters concerning his sexual life, but imagine having your wife going to someone and asking things for you. Leave male questions for males, and ask female questions.

Now Lulla, what have you benefited from asking such a question walaal? In my sincere opinion, absolutely nothing. By the way, you could have answered this question if you had certain knowledge on other rulings, so go to a damn school and save us the embarrassement of answering such questions. No insults intended, but this site just keeps on getting disgusting day by day.

P.S. Is this question sincere or what?

Wa alaikum salam,

Taqwa

bilan   

salaam

taqwa i think you were kind of harsh on sis, she did not commit a crime she just asked a question, someone told her something is haraam, she posted the question what is wrong with that?. what if her husband does not know the religion or does not care? in my obinion there is nothing called male question and female question. islam is one and regardles of our gender we should know what is haraam and halaal.

Rahima   

I would like to remind some us that have posted on this thread of a few verses in the book of Allah and some hadiths of our blessed prophet s.a.w:

The Noble Qur'an 42:43

And verily, whosoever shows patience and forgives that would truly be from the things recommended by Allah.

The Noble Qur'an 3:159

”And by the Mercy of Allah, you dealt with them gently. And had you been severe and harsh-hearted, they would have broken away from about you;”

And even if you see (although this time that was not the case) that they have erred, Allah in his infinite wisdom goes on to say:

“So pass over (their faults), and ask (Allah's) Forgiveness for them; and consult them in the affair. Then when you have taken a decision, put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him).”

Hadith - Muslim & Bukhari

"Allah is not kind to him who is not kind to people."

Hadith - Abu Dawud and Tirmidhi

"Those who are kind and considerate to Allah's creatures, Allah bestows His kindness and affection on them. Show kindness to the creatures on the earth so that Allah may be kind to you."

Sister Lulla, Allah reward you sister.

Through your post you may of have educated many amongst us that had no clue of the Islamic position on this issue. Also, don’t ever let anyone discourage you from asking sincere questions that you do not know the answers to. Furthermore, never take anything in this religion lightly for it was meant to have been taken lightly, the blessed prophet s.a.w would not have discussed it.

Lastly, remember there are no such thing as male or female questions in Islam, you might end up marrying a perfectly good brother that has no clue on this issue, that wouldn’t make him any less of a good person, but alhamdullilah now you know.

Take care ukhti fil Allah.

I couldnt agree more with rahima, indeed it has educated me on this matter as i wos prevously ingnorant to the answer.

so my allah reward ur efforts lulla Rahima Muslima and indeed taqwa.

I couldnt agree more with rahima, indeed it has educated me on this matter as i wos prevously ingnorant to the answer.

so my allah reward ur efforts lulla Rahima Muslima and indeed taqwa.