Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Turkey to help rebuild Somali Parliment...

Jacpher   

What the brother is saying is Ask Not what Turkey can do for your country, Ask what Somalia does to itself. A valid argument some are seemingly avoiding.

Anyho, I hope Somalia will wise up and grab the opportunity Turkey is presenting to us.

Abwaan   

Mario B;868847 wrote:
I think people are being harsh here. Walaalkis, has made a good point, I believe fruits from your own labour are more dignifying than receiving a handout from a generous friend.

He might have raised a valid point but what I am concerned about is his lack of trust to any Somali at all. That is very worrying.

Abwaan;868832 wrote:
Taleexi is my witness. Altough I beleive that I shouldn't stop there.

I doubt his your witness more like your side kick in this matter

Jacpher;869041 wrote:
What the brother is saying is Ask Not what Turkey can do for your country, Ask what Somalia does to itself. A valid argument some are seemingly avoiding.

Anyho, I hope Somalia will wise up and grab the opportunity Turkey is presenting to us.

thanks for the clarification, that's my point . We ask and ask and ask and ask... where does this stop ?

Turkey is great country and a Muslim country, we couldn't ask for more help from our brothers in Turkey.

Lets look at the big picture, as much China did for Africa they also took something home. They help you and the same time

they take your natural resources.

What Somalis need to understand is nothing is free. People should stand up for their country and help those in need.

At the end of the day, will feel great and have our dignity.

Parliament is a building only, nothing special about it.

If all the SOL members Donate 1k each, that's enough for for reconstruction of Somalia parliament.

^^ valid points indeed. I am willing to pay 1k to help support a government institution. Somali's should stop the parties and send money to the country. One year no more lavish welcome parties or celebrating Puntland, somaliand or first of July days and send all cash for those events to help educate the orphans of those communities or drill a water well and so on...

Chimera   

Walaalkis, good point, but I think you're underestimating the deep black hole the capital was plunged into, it felt bottomless, until we put a floor underneath through stability, and slowly this has allowed us to rise again, but make no mistake it won't be until 2014 that the government has incorporated all the necessary talent into its administration to establish independent institutional buildings on the scale of the old parliament.

There is not a single reputable Somali company that has the same skills as the prewar team and their excellent interior design that is still unmatched anywhere else in the peninsula. Turkey has a beautiful parliament, and it would be amazing if they made a similar one for us but in the colours of the Somali flag, blue and white.

Chimera   

Isra;869301 wrote:
this is neocolonization!!! what do the Turks want....I am suspicious.

i6bwE.gif

Dey wanna colonaise R'us, all yo nuttingness belong to me!

Isra   

Chimera;869304 wrote:
i6bwE.gif

Dey wanna colonaise R'us, all yo nuttingness belong to me!

um..sad...resorting to silly memes...and...some mutated form of ebonics...in an attempt I believe...to be saracastic...rude....?!....fail!

.....the degree of recent involvement by the Turks in Somalia warrants critical discussion beyond the naive believe that its all for the good of the "ummah" .... as if.

Chimera   

Its no different from the Chinese/Soviet infrastructural involvement in the past that build many of Somalia's economic assets still benefiting us today; road-network, ports, etc. Turkey is a rising economy, and they're doing for us what other major powers are doing for most of Africa.

This diaspora pride, xenophobia and criticism against a country doing something on the ground is silly considering the extreme lowbase the country has descended into, and it needs all the hands it can get without falling into unpayable debt.

If we listen to you, and chase off the Turks on some silly fear, the road to recovery would be even more difficult than it already is.

Haa, u sheeg many of Muqdisho's famous landmarks dad kale ayaa naga caawiye, including:

p-068560552.jpg

Istaadiyum Muqdisho -- partly helped by Shiinees contribution.

3556998191_4032f7a77e.jpg?v=0

Tiyaatarka Qaranka -- again, built by Shiineeska.

mr8z76.jpg

Muqdisho Museum -- partly thanks to Reer Cumaan leaders.

2ykesqr.jpg

Old baarlamaan -- hugely contributed by Talyaaniga.

32zs20o.jpg

Aargada I -- built by Talyaaniga.

somalia1.jpg

Aargada II -- dankis to Talyaaniga again.

3556998273_76184d2039.jpg?v=0

Masaajidka Isbaheysiga -- all thanks to Sacuudiga.