Sign in to follow this  
oba hiloowlow

Latest Mogadishu Pictures

Coofle   

NGONGE;904904 wrote:
^^ What does it have "magaca hoyada" in it?
:D

Ngonge what is with you and 'magaca hooyada' ma ilaa xadkaas ayaad carabawday...

Daqane;904855 wrote:
Doowlada Soomaaliya ayaa beryihii ugu danbeeyay waxa waday dayactir lagu sameeynayo Xaruumaha doowlada, iyo xaruumaha Taariikhiga ah sida Taalooyin, Jardiimanka, iyo goobo kaloo qayb ka ah bilicda magaalada Muqdisho.

DSC02018.jpg

DSC02019.jpg

DSC02020.jpg

DSC02030.jpg

Hope all the monuments will ready by the next 1st july.

Pics courtest midnimo.com

Daqane--Is there any signs, agreement in wraps, or a reason to believe the monuments will be ready by next July? If so, please share. I am excited to hear

Haatu   

Why an elementary school called Yaasiin Cusmaan? :D

I agree with Ngonge, why does it ask for Mother's Name?

Daqane   

Somalia philosopher I do not know when precisely all the work on the monuments will be finished what I do know is that Turkey had agreed as part of the TIKA $ 150 million [Turkish Aid & Development organisation] development & renovation plan for Mogadishu the rehabilitation of national monuments will be part of their program they already have the equipment and staff on the ground and the programs have already started in parts of the city, that is including the Banadiir councils project for the same and other projects, personally I think that this particular project is under the Banadiir council because the damage is less extensive as seen on the pics but I could be wrong, I just hope that the monuments would be ready by the independence celebrations.

Ngonge & Haatu I do not know why this is asked for, and it is written on almost all identification documents, perhaps because it makes it easier to identify people in the somali context because women do not change their given names to that of their husbands malaaha?!?

Daqane   

The Chinese channel CCTV africa based out of nairobi is an excellent resource for current videos on Mogadishu and Somalia, they have got a video clip of mogadishu on almost all their news broadcasts even one on the Somali exodus to Mogadishu last night [a quite hilarious and uplifting story], here is a link on their video page hope you guys find it interesting, unfortunately I do not know how to extract these sort of videos from the website, if any one knows how to please inbox me as I will be able to upload a lot more....

http://search.cntv.cn/english/index.shtml?qtext=somalia

Daqane   

The old Ithna asheri mosque in Xamar Jajab

52490810151117599332849.jpg

A view from the isbaheysiga mosque towards the golaha shacabka undergoing renovation

15zp114.jpg

A previous picture of golaha at the beggining of renovation

59D719DA-F63E-48E1-BB53-70821AE6E3AC_w64

The entrance of the isbaheysiga mosque

53467810151221903724218.jpg

Eid at the mosque

tumblr_mcm9kfuf3l1r9z20no1_1280.jpg

Turkish ambassador with in the mosque

516a3dbb.jpg