Sign in to follow this  
oba hiloowlow

Latest Mogadishu Pictures

Reeyo   

Who's Daqane? You'll be there summer too?

I am hoping to escape family and explore the coastline. (Praying I don't meet the beard crew)

he is a member dee he contributes to this thread as well. Yep imma be there this summer rejoice.png what can i say reeyo great minds think a like :). Thats my plan as well be in xamar for 3 weeks then take a trip from xamar all the way up to harardheere :)

Daqane;905271 wrote:
Somalia philosopher
I do not know when precisely all the work on the monuments will be finished what I do know is that Turkey had agreed as part of the TIKA $ 150 million [Turkish Aid & Development organisation] development & renovation plan for Mogadishu the rehabilitation of national monuments will be part of their program they already have the equipment and staff on the ground and the programs have already started in parts of the city, that is including the Banadiir councils project for the same and other projects, personally I think that this particular project is under the Banadiir council because the damage is less extensive as seen on the pics but I could be wrong, I just hope that the monuments would be ready by the independence celebrations.

Interesting. During my stay in Mogadishu, I was told such a project was going on but the person in charge was quite the inactive typical TFG character. I myself was interested in partaking in such a project, but I have been deterred by the claim, probably is fact, that the Somali culture has grown to become very conservative to the point where statues would not be accepted and would be deemed as unislamic or simply unwanted.

What do you think of this?

Haatu;905374 wrote:
Taaladda isgoyskaas ku yaasha should never have been painted. The natural white stone looked much better. Also, why did they build those weird things at the bases of the solar lamp posts? Soomaali dookh xumaa.

Wax walba rinji nuuryo ayee marinoyaan oo maba oga the taalooyin and masaajidkii Isbaheysiga waxa lagu dhisay marble. Markaa arkay taaladii Axmed Gurey meeshii surneyd oo rinji baluug la mariye waaba baxay. It used to be marble stone. Same with masaajidkii weynaa ee Isbaheysiga banaankiisa tiirarkii ku yaalay. Tan Daljirka Dahsoon in rinji cad ama baluug ah la mariyo ka cabsanaaba.

Haatu   

War what do you expect. Kuwa magaaladda imika jooga waxaan u maleyn iney yihiin kuwii musqulaha saaxan jirey berigii la qaxaaye :D

Daqane   

Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar;905766 wrote:
Wax walba rinji nuuryo ayee marinoyaan oo maba oga the taalooyin and masaajidkii Isbaheysiga waxa lagu dhisay marble. Markaa arkay taaladii Axmed Gurey meeshii surneyd oo rinji baluug la mariye waaba baxay. It used to be marble stone. Same with masaajidkii weynaa ee Isbaheysiga banaankiisa tiirarkii ku yaalay. Tan Daljirka Dahsoon in rinji cad ama baluug ah la mariyo ka cabsanaaba.

The monuments are going to be returned to their original glory I.A for now it is a "broken windows" paradigm...

Daqane   

Haatu;905770 wrote:
War what do you expect. Kuwa magaaladda imika jooga waxaan u maleyn iney yihiin kuwii musqulaha saaxan jirey berigii la qaxaaye
:D

Exactly this place needs a vocational school of some sorts for the basics of construction, brick laying, plumbing, paint work but it is a good time to be in construction in any way, you need to almost get on your knees to get someone to do some painting hahaha

[Ding, Ding, Ding bussiness idea]

Daqane   

Marksman;905535 wrote:
Daqane. I have a question for you. Are there any plans to rebuild the looted/stolen statues in Mogadishu? Those of historic figures such as Hawo Tako and Ahmed Gurey?

Yes there are to my knowledge please read my previous posts...

Daqane   

*ANWAR*;905591 wrote:
Statues ARE haram in Islam and the new constitution says that Somalia shall follow Islamic principles, so that means Statues are illegal in Somalia

Ummm thats obviously your interpretation but shabaabism will not come through the backdoor, build those statues sky high I say and that is what is happening any way :)

Daqane   

SomaliPhilosopher;905729 wrote:
Interesting. During my stay in Mogadishu, I was told such a project was going on but the person in charge was quite the inactive typical TFG character. I myself was interested in partaking in such a project, but I have been deterred by the claim, probably is fact, that the Somali culture has grown to become very conservative to the point where statues would not be accepted and would be deemed as unislamic or simply unwanted.

What do you think of this?

Well that is interesting I think under the new dispensation you would do very well, since TIKA sources its own manpower and is actively seeking locals for all positions and since you will be paid directly by them waxbaa haaka weelwelin niin FG ah inu isbaaro ku digo laacagtadha.

As for this tripe about statues, in my opinion and I might get some slack for this, and from my travells across almost all somali lands I think that this famed conservatism simply does not exist and certainly not to the extent of having a constituency able to block a public works project, do not think the net is the reality, people in xamar are like all Somalis are, pray 5 times a day and run to the local marfish, a girl might be told to cover up walking down the street to meet her boyfreind at lido beach, damn in some areas of mogadishu at night, I was irritated by a bad smell turns out it is when the local young boys diaspora and local were lighting up hashish, so do not be dettered by that, meshaan like every where somalis are waa quruun qarsoodi oo bakhti habeen lacunayo...