Sign in to follow this  
wacdaraha_aduunka

Its been a few Years but am back, And in Muqdishu

In Mogadishu right now and the city is going through a transformation. This time around people are realizing that they can't have it all and no candidate can rest assured that he has the numbers required to win this presidential election. Two Issues are the hottest topics here in mogadishu today.

1. Who will the *** MP's vote go to?

2. Who will the **** MP's vote go?

The first clan, has come up with three very qualified contenders

Prof Ahmed Ismacil Samatar

Prof Mohamed Cabdiweli Sheikh Yusuf

Mr Maxamed Oomaar.

Both Sharif and Gaas are worried over that the three contenders are meeting tonight with their elders in Sheikh Yusuf's house to come to a solution of just having one candidate who can carry the 61 seats that this clan carries. I think this time around, the monopoly that we have seen among the highest political leadership in Somalia will be broken, to the shear disunity and several contenders from the same clan in this presidential election to the advantage of the three contenders above.

2. All the contenders are worried about how this will play out. The rumor is that they will coordinate their votes strategically by dividing their support to two candidates in the first round so as to cut-off some of the candidates they don't want. Then rally behind one candidate in the second and third round if necessary.

Many sleepless nights here in Mogadishu for many but i think this time around , we will have free and fair elections , which will produce good leadership. What amazes me is the look on the faces of the elderly here, specially those who were lived to see the independence day. One old man said to me yesterday how he hopes he'll live to see Somalia turning a chapter on its fate. Inshallah we will

besides politics how is life,business,security etc?do you stay at nite,are people confident,is it booming and what about the refugees in outer skirts?

Mooge   

wacdaro, the strategy has been leaked to our Nairobi team 4 nights ago and those being attacked like abdiweli and shariif came up with their own counter attacks. loool. it is going to be interesting.

Burahadeer: There is plenty of business activity even though this is being overshadowed by the elections, and i must admit that the business community wants it like that. Nobody in Somalia wants be in the focus of the public attention :)

In regards to the nightlife, well then there's plenty of it if you do wish. I don't live far from Liido so in the evenings i drive down to the beach with couple of friends and swim and walk along the beach during the night. There's plenty more to do

Here are few points of good developments in the city.

1. All somali groups and clans have understood finally that they all have a stake in this new political dispensation and therefore are returning to Somalia and specifically Southern Somalia. ( excluding what i call new-era nationalists and PC-Warriors) sitting in the comfort of their sofa in the West talking nonsense.

2. People who've lived in State property or other private people's property are mostly vacating i freely ( Although some squatters such those i found in my house were mere drug addicts and were dealt with accordingly by using the police.) I must also add that something people are feeling embarrassed about if they would try to rebuild someone else property. Amazing how someone in every neighborhood knew who lived in who;s home and they would subtly go to the person and remind them that the rightful owner might be heading home lol.

3. Takes 2 days to do all the necessary paperwork to register a business ( Don't ask me where they store all the documents at the Ministry of Commerce lol) to start getting access to the port in a legit way and operate your business.

4. Took a trip to Afgooye, Shalanbood, Janaale and Marka few days ago. Immense will from the people on the ground their to change their life's ( suspect this is shared among all those in the newly liberated areas.. Have to also note the professionalism among the Amisom soldiers, whatever opinion you may have including their female officers.

5. The young in the city who are starting to really envision a new and promising future, You could simply go around any neighborhood in the city and say i want to clean our street and there you will have hundreds of people ready to volunteer for iska-wax-uu-qabso

6. The rumor about naming Kismayo an Administrative City free from federal boundaries as the case of Benadir is a great idea. This will ensure that there won't be an claims on the city among the various clans and stopping the creation of a new flashpoint for the new government to deal with.

wacdaraha_aduunka;865827 wrote:
Burahadeer:

2. People who've lived in State property or other private people's property are mostly vacating i freely ( Although some squatters such those i found in my house were mere drug addicts and were dealt with accordingly by using the police.) I must also add that something people are feeling embarrassed about if they would try to rebuild someone else property. Amazing how someone in every neighborhood knew who lived in who;s home and they would subtly go to the person and remind them that the rightful owner might be heading home lol.

5. The young in the city who are starting to really envision a new and promising future, You could simply go around any neighborhood in the city and say i want to clean our street and there you will have hundreds of people ready to volunteer for iska-wax-uu-qabso.

6. The rumor about naming Kismayo an Administrative City free from federal boundaries as the case of Benadir is a great idea. This will ensure that there won't be an claims on the city among the various clans and stopping the creation of a new flashpoint for the new government to deal with.

thanks for update..great development.Correct to say most can reclaim their property?