Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

Beijing Olympics 2008

Ibtisam   

Bolt is no normal, where is the drug testing people. I want him checked and triple checked and doubled checked again before I switch from Powell. That is not even normal! The rest of the guys were 10m behind straining and he was waving. WTF.

NGONGE   

^^ He IS six foot five you know. Unlike many tall guys before him he seems to know how to use those long strides of his.

Looks like a happy little kid though. None of that bulging muscles and 'in the zone' nonsense that former champions use to have. Maybe it's the Somali in me but does he not remind you of a camel? :D

nuune   

^^^ He sure is one happy camel rider,

Am not Olympic watcher, maba ka helin, balse this kid they say he is 21 unbaan la yaabanahay, dad baa waxey leeyihiin laba kaartuun oo daroogo ayuu soo cantuugey.

Well done to him

^u don't know what you are missing.

Swimming, diving, track and field and basketball are the best events to watch and that I personally follow. I gotta admit I like beach volleybal, first time I watched played in the olympics. I watched couple of matches, fantastic, but not the team volleyball they play indoor, boring.

Aduunyo gymnastics aan ugu necbanahay, and I watched my first marathon tonight. First time ever I watched marathon from start to finish, which the exception of the middle.

I was very impressed with the 41 yr old american swimmer. She was definitely the BOLT of water, just sick. She almost had that silver on both matches, relay and the 50m.

Rudy gay is overhyped, he didn't look confident on the heat and I actually found him to be g a y looking, and not just his lastname.

How about that bolt, did anyone watch him in HD, lol@myself. The focused camera sure does justice. Only chicks would know what I am talking about. He is one ugly duckly, but his jeesto makes him look appealing, can't do nothing but love him for it. Arrogant b&stard.

Nigerian hungry for an Ivorian's foot! :D

852140_full-lnd.jpg

No fooool, thattts MINE...

852133_full-prt.jpg

Which way will the ball go? :D

852045_full-prt.jpg

These guys look like they need a time out to go use the toilet...

852006_full-prt.jpg

Fabregas   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

^^ Maybe it's the Somali in me but does he not remind you of a camel?
:D

Olympics+Previews+Day+3+8rO02rAg7VBl.jpg

I see what you mean,lol!

Abtigiis   

Viva Oromia boys and Girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Imperious Kenenisa (for whom Teddy Afro sung that beautiful Kenani-keya melody) swept the 10,000m, and although less comfortable in the 5000m, is keen to make an Olympic doubles. Ibrahim Jelani might be a surprise. The even more confident Tirunsh took 10,000m women; but will have to be at her best to get anything in the 5000m if Meseret Defar is on fire as expected.

But, how many of you know all these gold medalists and the previous greats such as Derartu Tulu, Gete Wami, Haile Gebresellassie (not oromo), Fatuma Roba are all coming from the small village of BAKOJI- 223 kms south East of Addis Ababa amid the forbidding ARSI highlands?

Bravo Bakoji boys and girls! Bravo Oromia people!

When those chauvinsts Amhara's decried the loss to TPLF in 1991; lamenting the 'spineless',largely Oromo, army by composing this defiling Poem about Oromos' (they call them GALLA) they should have known better:

Bi jagir naw injii ya Galla Wataadher

Areeraa iyaa tatuu erenyinet neber!

[meaning:]

It is only out of a need

That an Oromo has to be a solider;

Otherwise, they are only good for

drinking filthy yogurts and tending to the sheep)

Ironic, it is the same people who are crowding the streets of Addis by waving national flags and chanting " Alle gannaa! Ethiopia Hagere!" pathetic hypocrats!

NGONGE   

Talking of Africans, did you know that Togo won an Olympic medal? Guess at what sport.

Did you also know that Tunisia won A gold medal. Guess again at what sport. :D

Togo: Bronze in Canoe/Kayak Slalom: Kayak (K1) Men

Tunisia: Gold in men's 1500 free style swimming.

Abtigiis   

Yes, but I am talking about Athletics! not jabadaan or xeego! And When it comes to middle distance running, I get passionate [as if I am a real Ethiopian]!! The majestic moves of the Green floods as they are known at home is simply breath-taking!

Watch the 5000ms women and tell me what you feel. It is on friday. The rivalry between the two Ethiopian Tirunesh and Meserat is so huge that they refused to speak to one another after Meseret denied Tirunesh a share from the million dollar jackpot of the Golden league. Tirunehs won five consecutive ones and needed a win to take 250,000 USD. Xaasidnimada Xabashida Meseret who had no chance of getting anything run as if she was getting an Olympic get and beat a complacent Tirunesh!

It is between the two, and they have refused to work tactically as a team paying deaf ears to cries from fans and officials. A record will be smashed. Radhiyoow baa la jabin doonaa as Ina Duse used to say!