Sign in to follow this  
Taleexi

Breaking news - Prof. Samatar is the newly-elected president of Somalia!

A_Khadar;865149 wrote:
FB, my point with Sharif is not now, but when he became the president, he had no exprience, if xaafadaha courts counts as experience, Samater was/is a dean who led a prestigious college's department.. Again my point is neither of the two men you said have exprience now had experience when they became PM and president. So I don't think it's a major issue for Samater either..

That is true but albeit a weak argument,niyahow.lol.. The Point is, now more than ever, we dont want someone who wants to learn on the job. Somalia, needs continuity, in my opinion. And Abdiwali and Sharif are both suited for this.(My opinion). The Professor is a good man, i like him personally and i wish him all the best.,,Maybe next time..Maybe.

A_Khadar   

Mr. Brown, I can't disagree with you that the time is critical and Somalia needs to continue the little progress it made in the past few years, yet some of the old dogs need to hit the doors, they were too lame and corrupt...

He deserves to be a madaxweyne. I actually support him and his Hiilqaran urur. He is my first choice. He is keeping quiet, so I hope he is working behind the scenes.

Even if he doesn't get votes from this still bloated and still corrupted baarlamaan's xildhibaano, I hope he stays around inta laga baxaayo marxaladaan and remains a candidate in the future.

speak about experience, is there any somali politician alive that has published more books and journals about the somali dilemma? dude was

analyzing and writing about it since 1980's !!

"hadii khibrad iyo aqoon Somali ku xisaabtamayso cid lama tartansiiseen musharaxa hiilqaran"

professor xaal qaado. Somalia qiimahaaga ma taqaan.

General Duke;865113 wrote:
^^^He is a teacher and not a politician. Big ideals but no substance.

I dont know if this has been said already but Sheikh Sharif and Gaas were both teachers. One at a duugsi and one at a University.

money   

we really need a change and not a return of the same corrupt ones. I think Samatar would be the right man to lead this nation. He is more experienced than macalinka dugsiga iyo assistant professorka. The continuation of the same failed ineffective policies of the current clowns is not what most Somalis want. we are turning a page and we need people with vision.

Carafaat   

Taleexi, I just called Muqdisho and it seems that clan politicians days are numbered. And that Professor Samatar chances are increasing with the day. So your prediction might even come true. :D

Taleexi   

I was a naive idealist and therefore I got it wrong. However, I believe now that Prof. Samatar has a zero chance of winning premiership because balancing clan rivalry between D & H clans will be a major factor this point onward. I wanted a new trajectory for the country where the powerful guys come from other clans.