Sign in to follow this  
guerilla

Family planning

Blackflash;864390 wrote:
I agree. There's nothing wrong with having a large family, many will react emotionally to the sight of starving children and end up coming up band-aid solutions. People have always died in Somalia, many people will continue to die in Somalia and the only thing that'll fix that is large scale population collapse or economic growth.

I believe a econmic growth is of better importance. In a sense alot of kids being born replaces the many people that die in a poverty striken country. What if people only kept dying and there was no birth that population would quickly decrease and in a few years there wouldn't be alot of people left. Birth compensates death it's always been like that.

Perhaps it's op's foult but the discussion has turned a problem in Somalia to personal issues. In my opinion, if may join the fray for a moment, it's always better to have fewer children no matter where you are. Your super mom or super dad as much as some like to think so. With fewer children, you can concrete all your energy in raising one or two, inabling your children to better chance to compete for schools and jobs. You have ten kids, let's be honest, Waa iskoris. Who gonna be able to fare better, a kid whose parents who went every after school activity, was tutored and sent to summer reading camps or a kid whose didn't even have the time let alone the money for any of that. You can buy car for two kids, but ten? You can set up savings for two but not ten. That's that, what we are saying in Somalia is different, you have ten kids because your almost sure half if not more will survive. there is strong correlation between societal development and a decrease in children, we are no where near that. The focus should be schools, basic health services and infrastructure for now.

Aaliyyah   
I would rather live in a nursing home than be a burden to my offsprings. That's just me.

That's pretty sad. How can one even say that.How can a parent be a burden to their own offspring? the only person who will say that is the one who has no idea of what their parents been through and sacrificed.

Know that our parents did so much for us just so we can have the best life possible. We have to take care of them and our grandparents when they become old and are in need of our assistant. Trust me anything we do will never equate to what they did.

N.O.R.F;864376 wrote:
A man with 20 kids has given LIFE to 20 kids. If thats all he has given those 20 kids, isn't that a blessing in itself?

Indeed. I hold many trophies for the simple act of ejaculation. What a wonderful achievement! My neighbourhood must be the Vatican as I see many 'blessed' 15 year old girls.

Aaliyyah   

That wasn't my intention. You can still answer, but honestly speaking if you think you are a burden to the one person who should love you more than life? do you think you will not be burden to some strangers? I won't answer now so feel free to answer.

I remember watching a whole documentary of how bad and horrifying it is in those senior homes. If I can find it I will post it, maybe you will have second thoughts.

Aaliyyah   

Having large families is a personal choice. However, if a man can't provide for his family then he shouldn't put such a burden on himself.

With that being said, Somalia needs economic growth. We are a resource rich country. Look at the link below that shows Somalia doesn't have physical water scarcity but has economic water scarcity. Droughts that happen in Somalia is only due to our lack of economic growth. Somalia can actually provide for millions.

Aaliyyah   

Apophis;864414 wrote:
You making boat loads of assumptions. What makes you think people in nursing homes are not loved by their family? The reason I would choose a nursing home over living with family is because I would want my independence plus taking care of an elderly person can be a full time job; I wouldn't want to hinder my (future) children's lives by expecting them to take care of me because I did the same for them. My plan is to save for my own retirement.

Go ahead and save for your retirement. However, my point remains. You do not know what you will suffer from when you are elderly. Independence at that stage is secondary when one needs assistance in every regard. No one can provide that better than your loved ones.

guerilla   

Everyone seems to have gone off on a folly of their own.

Ending conflict, educating the masses, development are no brainers when it comes to ending poverty, but this thread is called 'family planning' for a bloody reason.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRx3c08F3ratw5wzq2qW8c

This is it.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRxvPraQd4SV7iVvagPJTA

And this.

Feel free to google more, or just watch some telly.

These kids don't stand a chance, by the time anything remotely resembling development comes their way, several generations of babies would've suffered immeasurable agony through no fault of their own...and died. Surely the most humane thing here is to stop people who are unable to feed their children from having anymore? And yes that includes benefit hoarders.

And why is it every time someone mentions contraceptives there's an ijit who throws the word eugenics around?

There is no automatic right to life and women don't have intelligently designed vaginas ergo contraceptives = good.

N.O.R.F   

guerilla;864437 wrote:
Everyone seems to have gone off on a folly of their own.

Ending conflict, educating the masses, development are no brainers when it comes to ending poverty, but this thread is called 'family planning' for a bloody reason.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRx3c08F3ratw5wzq2qW8c

This is it.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRxvPraQd4SV7iVvagPJTA

And this.

Feel free to google more, or just watch some telly.

These kids don't stand a chance, by the time anything remotely resembling development comes their way, several generations of babies would've suffered immeasurable agony through no fault of their own...and died. Surely the most humane thing here is to stop people who are unable to feed their children from having anymore? And yes that includes benefit hoarders.

And why is it every time someone mentions contraceptives there's an ijit who throws the word eugenics around?

There is no automatic right to life and women
don't
have intelligently designed vaginas ergo contraceptives = good.

Those kids should not have been had as they are now suffering from hunger and starvation. Sadly, your logic.

What you guys don't seem to understand is that the family with 2 kids will suffer as much as the family with 20 kids in famine situations. You can't point to family planning and education 'after' the fact.

Chimera   

Pathetic, when Guerilla gets his entire argument dissected and obliterated he resorts to shock-value. Why ignore the fact that when there is no conflict the children across the country look like this?:

2ebxx0y.jpg

Why ignore the fact that across the West and China where people engage in family planning, you have millions of people that are homeless or the millions of girls that were burried for their gender? I don't need to post shocking images to back my arguments they can hold their own. I'm beginning to see a pattern with atheists, not only do you guys not have respect for other people's faiths, you don't even respect the 'weak' and 'unfortunate' amongst us, and instead dismiss them as creatures that should have never been born, pathetic.

Silly of me to think this was an actual discussion.

Garnaqsi   

Naxar Nugaaleed;864403 wrote:
Perhaps it's op's foult but the discussion has turned a problem in Somalia to personal issues. In my opinion, if may join the fray for a moment, it's always better to have fewer children no matter where you are. Your super mom or super dad as much as some like to think so. With fewer children, you can concrete all your energy in raising one or two, inabling your children to better chance to compete for schools and jobs. You have ten kids, let's be honest, Waa iskoris. Who gonna be able to fare better, a kid whose parents who went every after school activity, was tutored and sent to summer reading camps or a kid whose didn't even have the time let alone the money for any of that. You can buy car for two kids, but ten? You can set up savings for two but not ten. That's that, what we are saying in Somalia is different, you have ten kids because your almost sure half if not more will survive. there is strong correlation between societal development and a decrease in children, we are no where near that. The focus should be schools, basic health services and infrastructure for now.

Listen to Naxar here, guys. He makes so much sense.

Chimera;864451 wrote:
Pathetic, when Guerilla gets his entire argument dissected and obliterated he resorts to shock-value. Why ignore the fact that when there is no conflict the children across the country look like this?:

2ebxx0y.jpg

Why ignore the fact that across the West and China where people engage in family planning, you have millions of people that are homeless or the millions of girls that were burried for their gender? I don't need to post shocking images to back my arguments they can hold their own. I'm beginning to see a pattern with atheists, not only do you guys not have respect for other people's faiths, you don't even respect the 'weak' and 'unfortunate' amongst us, and instead dismiss them as creatures that should have never been born, pathetic.

Silly of me to think this was an actual discussion.

You think a lack of appreciation for the value of life is the reasoning behind family planning? I don't think family planning is the end all cure to child starvation, but I'd argue the atheists that many here choose to vilify value these children's lives more than the 'it's okay, they'll be in heaven anyway' crowd.

Chimera   

Blackflash;864457 wrote:
You think a lack of appreciation for the value of life is the reasoning behind family planning? I don't think family planning is the end all cure to child starvation, but I'd argue the atheists that many here choose to vilify value these children's lives more than the '
it's okay, they'll be in heaven anyway'
crowd.

I seriously doubt that, for one, a person that respects life wouldn't resort to cheap tactics to further an argument by posting such imagery unless to engage in shock-value. Secondly these same situations depicted in those pictures would still occur with 'family planning', because it has nothing to do with the issue at hand, which is food-security, access to healthcare and education. Family planning is like putting bandage on a festering wound. In peace-time, food-security, healthcare and education was provided by the state and logically in war-time with the erosion of infrastructure and absence of government/foreign investment all that becomes scarce.

It's no co-incidence that with the recent massive reconstruction and investment by Somali returnees and foreigners that Mogadishu is quickly turning the surrounding hamlets, villages, towns and small cities into unofficial suburbs experiencing an economic revival. What Somalis need isn't family planning, its investment, stability and new markets for their products. Somalia is the most urbanised major country in East Africa, if every major city enjoyed massive investment that comes natural as a result of peace and good governance, hundreds of hamlets, villages, towns and small cities would benefit as a result and in the process you would have lifted the majority of the people out of poverty.

If guerilla was honest about saving Somali children, he wouldn't sit on his high-horse in the comfortable west and try to lecture a mother or father back home about the ills of having a large family, when he completely ignores the real root of their problems which is instability. A pre-industrial country like Somalia in a pre-industrial continent like Africa needs a sizable population. Every single successful country in the world today, from the USA, UK, Sweden to Japan had large families well into their post-industrial phase, and only enjoyed a decline in the 60s, while some like the US still enjoyed baby-booms and classic big American families in that period.

For benefit of this conversation, I think we should not lump all Somalis together. The diaspora and people in the old country should be treated differently.

And let's put things in perspective and within context!!