Sign in to follow this  
MoonLight1

Allahu Akbar. First hijab wearaing news reader on Egyptian TV.

Mooge   

if it was saudi arabia allowing non hijabed women reading evening news, most atheists would be here saying what a wonderful thread this is. loool.

atheists waa xoolo iska socda. ismaba ogo waxey samaynayan.

Mooge;863623 wrote:
if it was saudi arabia allowing non hijabed women reading evening news, most atheists would be here saying what a wonderful thread this is. loool.

atheists waa xoolo iska socda. ismaba ogo waxey samaynayan.

lol@Mooge

These elementary atheists give bad name to their cause, open a thread about Islam and they will swamp and make all kind of mosquito noise

as if their whole life has been dedicated to defame and bash Islam.

War yaa u sheego in diintan lagu daalay in lala dagaalamo. cag ma dhammaatee kabteedaa dhammaato.

wyre   

Libaax-Sankataabte;863615 wrote:
Nomads, please let us not attack each other for creating topics. Everyone has the freedom to post any topic of choice as long as the rules of the website are followed. If it is not interesting to you, just don't reply to it.

These kind of attacks are not the tradition of SOL nomads. We should never be trashing another nomad's topics as long as the nomad is following the rules of the website.

That was what I was saying LST, Jannadii fardowso alle Hakaa waraabshee dadkan naga qabo

Isra   

dang it. you folks are experts in abducting someone's topic.

The ban was unjust and I am glad its been removed.

Blessed   

Well as a Muslim woman who has been asked on more than one occasion if I was going to wear that to work, this news is both relevant and praiseworthy. Many on here don't know but in many Muslim countries, this (discrimination against hijabis) is a a seriously issue that is relevant to us hijabis.

Moonlight,

Walaal, thanks for sharing, but please take it easy on calling a fellow Muslim atheist and such like... :)

Isra   

❤ ^ you are nice :)

It's tough to wear the hijab at work when you can count the # of minorities on one hand. Good for you.

This is good news and a right step for Egypt and the Muslim world to see this. Its indeed as relevant as discussing about Klint Eestwood's speech at the GOP.

Not everything posted on these boards is purely about Somalia.

Blessed   

Thanks, hon@ Isra. It happened twice in London but I was most shocked when I was asked the same question by an Arab lady in the UAE. lol.

Isra   

I do it to...its a way of projecting your own fears onto others and an annoyance that someone is braver than you...that thier iman is stronger. I get annoyed..and then I generally take a deep breath and pray that one day I will have that strenght and wear the hijab at work and attend those big board room meetings.

but then on other days..i just plan my escape back to cairo lol

Blessed   

^That wasn't the case here, the silly woman thought I was going to scare her european clients [who weren't used to hijab] away. It was a first of many weird encounters in the Sandpit.

InshaAllah, in time you'll get the courage to wear it, darling. We all have our weaknesses / strengths, so don't think someone is better than you or has more iman because of how they look on the surface. If you make it back to Cairo, send me an invite... :)

Raamsade   

Jacpher;863616 wrote:
Some men get so threatened by a piece of cloth on the head of a woman.

Of course they are... what man of healthy libido would not be threatened by the sight of women putting on more clothing? We rather they wear less not more. Unless you are...

NGONGE   

فاتك نص عمرك

ياللى ماشفت مصر

السماحه روحها

والشهامه مصر

والكرامه هى

والتاريخ فى مصر

والهرم فى مصر

والكرم فى مصر

مصر... مصر