Sign in to follow this  
MoonLight1

Allahu Akbar. First hijab wearaing news reader on Egyptian TV.

wyre   

يا رجال انا ماني داري أي شى عن الوطن, عشان عمري ما كنت في مصر, بس عارف أن المواطنين المصر حيوانين مرررررررره

:D

NGONGE   

^^ اش بك يا واد؟ اشوفك قمت تخطرف..قم اقول قم..ما فيش احلي من المصريين

Egypt's sexual harassment of women 'epidemic'

_62610201_62610196.jpg

Some Egyptian women are now scared to appear alone or even with female friends in public places

Campaigners in Egypt say the problem of sexual harassment is reaching epidemic proportions, with a rise in such incidents over the past three months. For many Egyptian women, sexual harassment - which sometimes turns into violent mob-style attacks - is a daily fact of life, reports the BBC's Bethany Bell in Cairo.

Last winter, an Egyptian woman was assaulted by a crowd of men in the city of Alexandria.

In video footage of the incident, posted on the internet, she is hauled over men's shoulders and dragged along the ground, her screams barely audible over the shouts of the mob.

It is hard to tell who is attacking her and who is trying to help.

The case was one of the most extreme - but surveys say many Egyptian women face some form of sexual harassment every day.

Marwa, not her real name, says she worries about being groped or verbally harassed whenever she goes downtown. She says it makes her afraid.

"This is something that scares me, as a girl. When I want to go out, walking the street and someone harasses or annoys me, it makes me afraid.

"This stops me from going out. I try to be excessively cautious in the way I dress so I avoid wearing things that attract people."

Click

wyre   

Waryaahe Che, Meelahaas Oo Kale Aad Baa Looga Faa'iideystaa Sidey Kaa Noqotay, Dalka Weli Sidi Xusni Mubarak Loo Riday Wuu Kacsanyahaye Bal U kaadi Ha Dagee :D

NGONGE;863941 wrote:
Looks like Che doesn't mind news about non Somalis, as long as it's bad of course.

This would have been more useful info on women's progress or lack of. Some lady wearing Hijab on TV is not news but her getting assaulted by army of men despite her Hijab should be news.

Che -Guevara;863967 wrote:
This would have been more useful info on women's progress or lack of. Some lady wearing Hijab on TV is not news but her getting assaulted by army of men despite her Hijab should be news.

still seeking attention hehehe.

lets extend another 24hrs for your one man show;)

Egypt's sexual harassment of women 'epidemic'

_62610201_62610196.jpg

a verse dictate that,after all she half man:confused:...guys stood their ground!

Blame on atheists:D

Garnaqsi   

LOL @ the OP dragging atheists into this then complaining.

Apophis;863587 wrote:
lol
"objection, that's hearsay!!"

Oh, brilliant! :D

If we do wear the Hijab Raamsade feels it’s his duty to tell us otherwise and if we don't the likes Maadeey would object. Bloody men, can you all just leave what we wear alone, I really can't see why you all concern yourselves with women clothing no wonder Muslim women get bad press everywhere, the problem is Muslim men!!!!

Blessed   

^so we're at fault because your lot can't help but dictate to, harass or ban women from media?

Garowegirl, I agree with you but Raamsade is a gaal, so it's simply a problem with retarded men.

Cawaale   

Libaax-Sankataabte;863615 wrote:
Nomads, please let us not attack each other for creating topics. Everyone has the freedom to post any topic of choice as long as the rules of the website are followed. If it is not interesting to you, just don't reply to it.

These kind of attacks are not the tradition of SOL nomads. We should never be trashing another nomad's topics as long as the nomad is following the rules of the website.

Let's not attack each other, let's take to the Rasulullah miyaa sheekada? Raggan naga qabo ninyahow. Waad arkaysaa they are making fun of Axaadiithta nabiga CSW which is BTW against rules of SOL.

To the gaalada SOL , Qaxootinmaad gaalnimo ku darsateen cid idiin daba taagan ma aragteen? Waa maya. Hadda nimanyahow diintaan aad maalin kasto afka ku taageysaan naga daaya oo xishooda. At the very least consider it to be a social construct of the majority of your people.(That is if you still consider yourself Somalis). Have some respect yaakhee.

AS for the topic, i am with Che on this. This doesn't indicate that there is a progress in women's position in Egypt's post-revolution political life.