Sign in to follow this  
Isra

Somalis on Muslim Singles Sites!

Guzel   

Isra lol I always dread the question "how did you guys meet" from my parents. They dont know I met him online, only close friends know because people assume you are desperate and my parents would not understand and be frightened that i have met a "stranger" online. So I told them we met through friends. They were against it initially because he is not Somali but that was seven years ago and now they think different :)

Narniah   

Somalis and their double standards. I'm sure we all know that many Somali brothers marry reverts and I don't mind one lil bit. I'm happy for them.

As for the person who said Somalis in mixed marriages will regret it later in life. Are the people who marry only Somalis all happily married?

Another Question I want to ask; why is most of the Somali community raised by Somali women only, where are the Somali fathers?

I'm very fortunate that I was raised by both my parents and they're still married and live together alhamdulilah. If you look in the Somali community 90% of Somali households consist of a single parent. However strangely enough the men seem to still be fathering more children. Which obviously means the men are just there to make the babies but the women take care of it, raise it. 98% of these familes the parents are still married Islamically. Which makes no sense to me, cause that's not even allowed in Islam. If you exceed a certain length of time away from your spouse in Islam the marriage is declared void unless you have a valid reason.

You want to know why some young people are so adamant to marry out the community, all you gotta do is pay a close look at your community and see what they're choosing not to become. A lot of Sister's weren't raised by their father, so who are they suppose to look up to and what men will they pick as a husband, when their fathers were never present in their lives.

I think there are many underlying issues that we blatantly seem to be avoiding collectively, its about time we quit being in denial if we want to see change that is.

RaMpAgE   

Narniah;863473 wrote:
Somalis and their double standards. I'm sure we all know that many Somali brothers marry reverts and I don't mind one lil bit. I'm happy for them.

As for the person who said Somalis in mixed marriages will regret it later in life. Are the people who marry only Somalis all happily married?

Another Question I want to ask; why is most of the Somali community raised by Somali women only, where are the Somali fathers?

I'm very fortunate that I was raised by both my parents and they're still married and live together alhamdulilah. If you look in the Somali community 90% of Somali households consist of a single parent. However strangely enough the men seem to still be fathering more children. Which obviously means the men are just there to make the babies but the women take care of it, raise it. 98% of these familes the parents are still married Islamically. Which makes no sense to me, cause that's not even allowed in Islam. If you exceed a certain length of time away from your spouse in Islam the marriage is declared void unless you have a valid reason.

You want to know why some young people are so adamant to marry out the community, all you gotta do is pay a close look at your community and see what they're choosing not to become. A lot of Sister's weren't raised by their father, so who are they suppose to look up to and what men will they pick as a husband, when their fathers were never present in their lives.

I think there are many underlying issues that we that we blatantly seem to be avoiding collectively, its about time we quit being in denial if we want to see change that is.

That's just generalization, yes they are a lot of Somali families with out fathers, however their are many factors which contribute to this, Some their fathers died in the war, others never came to the west, and yes their are some who don't fulfill their fatherly duties. This doesn't explain why some Somali girls are willing to ditch their culture and heritage for some loser they met last week, Whats worse is that majority of them marry anything that comes their way, they have no standards what so ever.

Phew, at least when Somalia becomes peaceful we don't have to deal with seeing a Somali girl with her head down behind some fat cadaan guy.

Daqane   

RaMpAgE;863450 wrote:
The shiek did an honourable thing, he protected a sister from ruining her future. Look round europe and see the amount of Somali girls divorced by ajnabi, and no somali men would marry them.

its because of weaked mind somali men like you, who would give their daughters to ajanbi that somalis have became a laughing stock with in the muslim community. If only we had the somalida hore, who had dhiig.

This exactly the small minded, and inquisitive mentality that I was talking about, rampage is claiming to be the strong minded somali man who would never allow a sister to marry outside the community, the only way he will ensure that is if he was to marry every single one of them.

If a muslim man who meets the ladies criteria be it financially, socially and otherwise he has every right according to the deen to marry her, indeed even culturally speaking somalis both male and female married outside the community, even the polity is a result of some obvious cultural, genetic and linguistic miscegenation we were never a pure race if there is ever such a thing.

The other issue that we have not addressed since people keep on jumping to conclusions is that an educated somali sister might choose to use such a site if she wishes to meet a SOMALI man ready to settle down who meets her criteria, would that be better in your books? that she chose a somali on cyberspace instead of the local welfare office?

Like I said as in everything how you use it depends on how halaal it is, making clear marriage is your objective and keeping the getting to know you period as short as possible, would in this day and age be one of the few ways to meet the right person.

Assuming you work hard and have goals in life for yourself and your future family, you can quickly find yourself in a situation both male and female where the choices are limited in which ever area you live in, of muslims let alone somali's, why should you draw the line at getting your finances right online, debating people on line forums, doing your shopping online e.t.c and then draw the line at meeting a suitable pool of potential mates who are in a muslim forum for marriage online! The net is here embrace it already only the other hundreds of millions have done so, the indian muslim community as well as the arab communitys have very active marriage sites, members are often better educated and proactively searching for muslim spouses from their community or the greater ummah!

and this alpha blondy maxaad tahaay horta, all your posts vacillate between venomous statements like what you just posted, patronising statements [equally venomous], or boring brown nosing of who and who you have met on this forums in real life, otherwise we can expect screeds of the latest dense prose on what ever conspiracy you are educating as on , have you never met evil people in real life wedding and gas stations? men who shave dreadlocks before they go to another area to get married or women who were hijabs in the morning after getting rolled out of bars, yaara fikir horta before you pour out your feelings niyoow.

RaMpAgE   

Daqane;863483 wrote:
This exactly the small minded, and inquisitive mentality that I was talking about, rampage is claiming to be the strong minded somali man who would never allow a sister to marry outside the community,
the only way he will ensure that is if he was to marry every single one of them.

If a muslim man who meets the ladies criteria be it financially, socially and otherwise he has every right according to the deen to marry her, indeed even culturally speaking somalis both male and female married outside the community, even the polity is a result of some obvious cultural, genetic and linguistic miscegenation we were never a pure race if there is ever such a thing.

The other issue that we have not addressed since people keep on jumping to conclusions is that an educated somali sister might choose to use such a site if she wishes to meet a SOMALI man ready to settle down who meets her criteria, would that be better in your books? that she chose a somali on cyberspace instead of the local welfare office?

Like I said as in everything how you use it depends on how halaal it is, making clear marriage is your objective and keeping the getting to know you period as short as possible, would in this day and age be one of the few ways to meet the right person.

Assuming you work hard and have goals in life for yourself and your future family, you can quickly find yourself in a situation both male and female where the choices are limited in which ever area you live in, of muslims let alone somali's, why should you draw the line at getting your finances right online, debating people on line forums, doing your shopping online e.t.c and then draw the line at meeting a suitable pool of potential mates who are in a muslim forum for marriage online! The net is here embrace it already only the other hundreds of millions have done so, the indian muslim community as well as the arab communitys have very active marriage sites, members are often better educated and proactively searching for muslim spouses from their community or the greater ummah!

and this alpha blondy maxaad tahaay horta, all your posts vacillate between venomous statements like what you just posted, patronising statements [equally venomous], or boring brown nosing of who and who you have met on this forums in real life, otherwise we can expect screeds of the latest dense prose on what ever conspiracy you are educating as on , have you never met evil people in real life wedding and gas stations? men who shave dreadlocks before they go to another area to get married or women who were hijabs in the morning after getting rolled out of bars, yaara fikir horta before you pour out your feelings niyoow.

You are caalcaling like a girl, I am wondering maybe one of your relative is married to these ajnabis, that's why your on the defensive.

I told i don't believe in finding a partner of the internet, its not part of our culture, if a girl wanted to get married she should go to her family, instead of putting her self out their like a piece of meat, encircled my hungry vultures. I don't believe a women with xishood and modesty would do it.

Mooge   

any girl who allows herself be picked up at a street or a party by a stranger (abayo ma kula hadli kara nonsense) is shameless.

good value girl should talk to guy by email or something (phone introduction) before she meets him in person.

street fishers and party fishers are shameless.

Daqane   

Hahaha walaal let us leave it that, every forum needs its Don Quixote tilting at wind mills, some standing infront of History and screaming stop.

Love the piece of meat and vultures analogy, you should really be a white knight walaal am sure you can get the gear on ebay.

Narniah   

^ che your one to talk, all you did on this thread was stereotype and be judgmental. Now your telling me about stereotypes get over yourself.

And as far as the personal census I've conducted is concerned it's legit and factual. I wish it was otherwise but it is what is.