Sign in to follow this  
Isra

Somalis on Muslim Singles Sites!

Guzel   

What the wadaads did is actually wise, marrying someone you dont know especially who is not from your community is simply ******.

RaMpAgE   

Daqane;863420 wrote:
And as for some of the rasict nonsense on hear I would rather my sister marry a god fearing convert jamaican or whatever convert that has got his act together than the wasaaq that transpires as most of somali youth in the west nowadays!!

The actions of the sheikh in rampages story is not islamic or humane.

Talabaad we have to be honest as aliyah is, when I initially heard this stories I thought I would see our sisters on the hands of every other group the truth is, after 20 years of qaax it is still rare, and akward to see inter racial marriages in the somali community, lakiin mentalityga dadka ayaa *******, things change as an uncle of mine who was in politics who had as these things go had a particular aversion, more like a madness to a certain clan in somalia, lo and behold his daughter married one of them, I asked him in a joking manner how he allowed this to happen and his response was "I am lucky she has even brought a muslim man let alone somali!", so MMA iyo hadaladha raaqiiska naga dhaafa!

The shiek did an honourable thing, he protected a sister from ruining her future. Look round europe and see the amount of Somali girls divorced by ajnabi, and no somali men would marry them.

its because of weaked mind somali men like you, who would give their daughters to ajanbi that somalis have became a laughing stock with in the muslim community. If only we had the somalida hore, who had dhiig.

Isra   

oh wow....loads to reply to!

Daqane, I understand your frustration - it was never my intention to "gangup" or "shame" anyone on that website - I did say that I found it an odd way to go about finding a mate - it's simply new and I guess I was living under a rock lol. I disagree and did argue with the likes of Rampage that chose to go to the extreme and call this method degrading and pathetic.

I didn't post someone's specific profile - and the URL! honeslty googling is not a that hardl. Two words - Single Muslims and there you go. So posting the URL is not going above and beyond.

MMA lol I didn't even notice - 11 years - yikes that's a commitment! lol That sheikh was just racisit lol - plus not because women were giving him thier numbers he was going to endup officiating the marriage right then and there - people are more sensible.

Loads of comments on how "our women" are changing blah blah - there is no supply without demand!!! There are loads of men and women on that site...so obiviously my hypothesis that has been proven is that our traditional format of shukaansi has failed and we are adapting as a culture. Whether it is the mandatory dugsi classes that are a prequiste to finding a partner (which is a win-win situation when you think of it) or this islamic site.

Isra   

Aaliyah great point!!! loads of weddings happening - many are re-marriages lol

Also...99.999 of the weddings I hear about are somali+somali! I think this false idea that there are a hoards of somali women marrying ajnabi men is false...perhaps its just the fear of inadequacy in some somali men that project themselves.

Isra   

Ummm quick observation about the site..our British compatriots are representing! lool So what's going on there?! Are the Masjids not taking on any of work upon themselves to setup people..naturally after passing dugsi 101.

Guzel   

Thanks Isra but let us not throw the word racist around, the girls gave their numbers without knowing the profile of the brother and the wadaad as a person of responsiblity and using common sense did the right thing. These rushed quick marriages has led to too many divorces and not because the person is ajnabi.

Guzel   

The naive side of me would have said the same thing but I cant help but be sceptical. Maybe he chose Somalis because some of our girls are willing to marry without family involvement or go against their families wishes compared to other Muslims Communites or because we are Africans and he feels he can relate to us. Everyone has choice but it is not smart to hand your details in the masjid to a stranger. Those girls are usually the ones impressed with outer look of the brother (the beard and the short thobe) and soon are married. I am generalising here but that is because I have seen too many marriages fail because of this.The wadaad was wrong in the first place to hand him the mic. Jamaican men and white female converts do not find it difficult to get married at all in the UK.

Isra   

lol I am not as skeptical as you...maybe there is mahaba to the somali people cause the first person to give him dawah was a somali?!

These people deciding to get married to ajnabis - it was written for them to do so...