Sign in to follow this  
Isra

Somalis on Muslim Singles Sites!

Aaliyyah   

When one prays they are praying to a higher power, so who do you expect that I pray to so you can get rich if you don't believe in God?

I will pray for you first that you believe in God, and from there if Allah wills you get whatever makes your heart content.

Aaliyyah   

STOIC;863372 wrote:
People are still getting married...there is two Somali wedding in my neighborhood alone tonight you just gotta look hard in the libraries and family functions haha

Weddings happen all the time. But, it doesn't mean they last either.

Anyways, meeting people at the libraries are a no-no. Trust me on that..wax qumanba library kuma arag LOL

RaMpAgE   

Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar;863364 wrote:
Gabdhaheena qaarkood oo degan dalalkaan Galbeedka waxee noqdeen kuwa ugu sahlan si sahlan lagu guursado by non-Soomaalis.

Years ago, probably in 2000, I think, at a Soomaali masaajid in Toronto. At the masaajid, there was a big muxaadaro, a huge gathering of Soomaalida.

Last day of muxaadarada, after the end of a break, a convert walked to where wadaadada were seated at. He talked to the moderator, told him that he is a Jameykan convert and is seeking to marry a Soomaali 'sister.' And since there is a huge gathering, he might have a chance to find his future wife right on there. He requested if the moderator can announce it on the public speaker so the everyone can hear it.

The moderator was a bit reluctant. However, he didn't want to offend him and briefly mentioned his request. That was it. He thought it would end right there.

Unfortunately, it didn't. After the muxaadaro, to the big surprise and chagrin of the wadaado, there were notes passed to them at the office, with names and telephone numbers on them by the Soomaali sisters. The notes were for the converted dude who was seeking to marry a Soomaali sister. They all planned to marry him. Without even seeing him. Without even knowing wuxuu yahay.

But the wadaado were wise men who believed in Soomaalinimo. They discarded the notes. Maxee kugu taalaa hee, the converted dude got wind of it. He went to the office, hungry and accusing wadaadada being 'racist' and whatnot. He stormed out and left masaajidka.

Marka some of our sisters dhulka ayee isdhigeen, diintana qalad ka fahmeen. But many of them wey ka shalaayaan in the end markee guursadaan dadka sidaas camal ah.

Damn that's desperation their. I think we have to fix these kind of issues in our society as a community, or else its going to reflect badly in the future. What i don't understand is why don't these girls turn to their families for help them finding a good husband, their properly thinking my family is going to bring me an FOB ( sad thinking).

Coofle   

kollayto Meel ayuun baa lagu kulmaa, Suqduud madaw!, Studying place, Religious gathering, ... Internet is no different, plus you had access to choose between hundreds of applicants and know them at the same time! ...... it happens so much those days that it is gonna become something of a norm.

Daqane   

oh get off it 60% of marriages are now done due to introductions on the net, we surf it, we social network it, and we communicate on it, no one has the time or inclination to sit thru the busted conversations of the the relative you have been introduced to on by your aunt/uncle/b freind e.t.c.

Islamic shuukansi has its benefits:

- From the pic you can see if the person is your type physically [no suprises]

- From the bio you can garner a persons proffession, hopes, dreams, capabilities, quickly with a minimum of fuss

- You can communicate in a low involvement way, rather than when you are set up and it seems like the entire tolka is chewing on pop corn at every interaction

- and the most important thing you can make your want and needs clear namely marriage, keep the courting to a minimum lets say a month and if you had genuine intention to get married in a halaal way that would be enough time to see if the boxes are ticked.

This is more efficient, less time consuming, and from a mans perspective less finances consuming than the broken and blistered method of qalanjo buried under 50 feet of baby powder you saw at the wedding, who turns out to be a single mother to a baby she named after a jonas brother.....

This thread is just another example of the gang up mentality that bores me about somalis, firstly it was not neccessary to post a URL, for every one to gawk at I am sure we are all aware what muslim singles site is, and also what is with the shaming language, degrading kulahaa, the only degrading and miserable thing is being married to some one you share no values or personality traits with FOREVER!!!

Daqane   

And as for some of the rasict nonsense on hear I would rather my sister marry a god fearing convert jamaican or whatever convert that has got his act together than the wasaaq that transpires as most of somali youth in the west nowadays!!

The actions of the sheikh in rampages story is not islamic or humane.

Talabaad we have to be honest as aliyah is, when I initially heard this stories I thought I would see our sisters on the hands of every other group the truth is, after 20 years of qaax it is still rare, and akward to see inter racial marriages in the somali community, lakiin mentalityga dadka ayaa *******, things change as an uncle of mine who was in politics who had as these things go had a particular aversion, more like a madness to a certain clan in somalia, lo and behold his daughter married one of them, I asked him in a joking manner how he allowed this to happen and his response was "I am lucky she has even brought a muslim man let alone somali!", so MMA iyo hadaladha raaqiiska naga dhaafa!

these sites are used by morally-corrupt, divorced and former night-clubbing somali women! they cannot bring their shame to public so will use an online site to reinvent themselves to some innocent revert.

Malika   

MMA, what the wadaads did was pure and simply racist - they choose 'race' before 'deen'...lol, kulaha somalinimo, akhira taasi laa iis weydiin mayo, camalkagaa laa eegii..taa Jamaican rabta haa gursatoo, its her effing life innit?

As for using the net to seek spouses isnt for you - good, maxaa idii kaa gale those whom do it? Typical Somali, arimoo loo dirsaniin bee faraha la galan.

Stoic - if your friends are sijuis , that is expected. They tend to wait until their 45yrs old when hoyo or sisters have to interveen...lol

Guzel   

My husband and I met on a singles website, we met after a few email exchanges, got married a year later and the rest is history. I dont find it odd.

Blessed   

Malika :D . That's Somalis for you, you have to hijab like them, talk like them, eat like them, shukaansi like them, arooso like even diinta cay oo ka bax like them.... hadii kale raaxada ayaa lagaa qaadayaa. Such an annoying community to be a member.

wyre   

We have girls who are looking for marriage here in SOL, my private messages is full, I'll not mention them, but I have already been booked, billah caleykum raggiina hurdada ka kaca :D

By the way qofki guur xalaal raadinaayo meel ey ka raadsadaan ba maxaad ka rabtaan