Narniah

Somali words that mean bad words in English

Narniah   

Be careful not to say the following words around Non-Somali English speaking people...

Shid= On...eg; Nalka shid (I hope I don't need to explain why...:P

The other day I was shopping with my mom, when we returned back to the parking, she remembered she forgot something. She sent me to go back and kept saying to me repetitively 'fak iyo fak so deh' this older woman walking by gave us the evils I think she thought my mom said the eff word subhanaAllah.

So those of you who say fak fak a lot, think twice!

I'm sure there's more words that you can all add so others know. It'll save us some embarrassment.:)

Malika   

'Wa kuma?' ...the word Kuma in swahili means a womans private parts. Now imagine, how Somalis are loud on the phone, asking 'wa kuma' ...the neighbours, house girls/boys looking all sheepish at them..lol wondering why are they being so rude.

• Haha - That was funny. You made me laugh! 1

wyre   

Lol @ malaika :D why would you say that now :D I don't know a Somali word oo luuqado kale ku xun sababtoo ah luuqado kale maba aqaan,

Narniah fak iyo fak afsoomaali ma ahan, sababtoo ah Somali books laguma qoro

RaMpAgE;863526 wrote:
Heres one, *** as in *** Hiddink, is a name, I think its short for Gustavo.

Lmao dude it's not what you think. His name is Guus Hiddink. You pronunciate his name like Khuus not like the Somali word for the male private parts. The pronunciation of the 'G' is different in Dutch then in English.

aero   

I once received a referral (discipline paper to see the principal or head master) in middle school for telling a new comer student, "ka fakkar" a math problem. Teacher thought I was calling him a fu*ker. I tried explaining myself to the teacher but the old fart wouldn't listen so I had to break it down to the principal. A few months later I received another referral for telling the same student to "shid nalka" LOL. Had to explain myself again and was told to avoid speaking Somali around that teacher.

In high school I was pulled aside by a counselor after hearing a conversation that was taking place between a group of Somalis and told me to stop saying ni99a. Doqonka mistakened "aniga" for ni99a. Mind you I'm not one to use such a term.

It's fun taking biology with a group of Somali ciyaal suuqiin. Let me tell you, the entire Somali student body always had a field day when teachers brought up creatures like geese (goose) and seals (seal).

Narniah   

Shinbir thanks for the clarification.

aero lmao! That was so funny lol, thanks for sharing I'm familiar with a lot of things you mentioned.

Wyre you shouldn't say it's not Af somali, simply because you don't know what it is. You are clearly from a part of Somalia where they don't use that phrase. You just learned something new, you are welcome.

There is a Pakistani Ambassador to Saudi Arabia once called "Akbar Zub" ........ Saudis rejected his papers coz of his name :D

What about the English word "Seal" in Somali ??? ,,,, :D