Sign in to follow this  
Tillamook

Excuse me please, but where are the Waqooyi Galbeed folks of the Politics Section?

burahadeer;862577 wrote:
somalilanders are the great majority in sanag and awdal(ova 90%) and sool ova 50% but those who wana go with their few villages have the right so long they not claiming what's not theirs and therefore not attainable peacefully or by arms.

The D-Block people living in Sool/Sanaag....as well as the GB-Block living in Awdal Region, have no interest in seceding from Somalia. This nation of "Somaliland" shouldn't have to form it's borders based on British colonial boundaries. The British are completely out of touch when it comes to Somali affairs and we shouldn't be forced to accept their colonial boundaries. If you want to secede, go ahead. But have some consideration for the wishes of "Khaatumo" people and the people of Awdal region.

burahadeer;862577 wrote:
somalilanders are the great majority in sanag and awdal(ova 90%) and sool ova 50% but those who wana go with their few villages have the right so long they not claiming what's not theirs and therefore not attainable peacefully or by arms.

^^^that's what I said earlier,if you want to go,please,please stick to your villages.What you have to understand is the whole somali civil war beginning from 1980s (siyad's gov't) was people claiming what's not theirs and yet no one is dislodged from his territory after 21+ yrs of armed conflict.You only make your case more difficult ,almost impossible if you keep claiming other's homes for pure propaganda reasons that will ultimately not gona deliver.

What I think is ultimately going to happen is that Somaliland will withdraw their appeal for Independence and instead be a federal state in Somalia, just like Puntland and Galmudug

I'm sorry.... but to me an independent Somaliland just doesn't seem feasible. They couldn't get recognition for 21 years even though the South was in chaos and they were relatively stable. Now that the South is improving rapidly, it kinda takes away some of the appeal towards independence.

really like your debate but I don't think so.How if we just be separate for sake of peace...borders open,no passports required,people trade,intermarry,live where eva they wana be....that's how it's today.You think you'r in mogadishu If you go to Hargeisa.

burahadeer;862586 wrote:
really like your debate but I don't think so.How if we just be separate for sake of peace...borders open,no passports required,people trade,intermarry,live where eva they wana be....that's how it's today.You think you'r in mogadishu If you go to Hargeisa.

Well then if the borders are open, and passports aren't required, and people live amongst each other...then it's not really 2 independent nations is it? Wouldn't it simply be better for Somaliland to be a federal State just like Puntland and Galmudug? Wouldn't that be an effective compromise? Each Federal State would have their own laws, their own Parliament, but they will still be flying the Blue Somali flag, use the Somali passport, and use the Somali shilling as currency.

Wouldn't that be better for everyone?

why is that you clutching with this one somalia,seriously what difference it make, if any be more problematic and even anotha civil war.What gov't has eva offered somalis that you can entice.How it's gona change life of ordinary folks.

Somalis are intertwined culturally,economically and every otha aspect regardless whether they under one umbrella or not.They cross to each other from jubouti to kenya to ethiopia to somalia.My view is more of peace and economy whereby the whole horn or east africa prosperous...that should be the trend.Frankly speaking I don't see the point why some busy thmslvs with greater somalia....that idea bite the dust and is more important to think in terms of stability and trade along with our neighbors like the EU.

Aaliyyah   

Lol@ few villages. ma abaha baa casharkan ku dhigey? LOL shame marlabaad bal ku dheh cashar sax ah isii. Khaatumo State is much more than few villages it is probably slightly larger than waqooyi galbeed province. As for the population horta no one counted precisely the population of your clan or mine but walahi no one cares if your clan is more in numbers than reer khaatumo or reer Awdal. So this whole idea of you are 90% or 50% of the population doesn't mean anything. No one gives even if that was even true, athough it is not even a fact and you are exaggerating. Somalis can also apply the same argument as you that other clans are much more than your one clan and therefore your clan should be forced to be part of Somalia. But, that wouldn't settle well with you would it. xoga caqliga ka shaqeesi. Bottom line, everyone has their rightful territories. One that they are entitled to. Yaan la isku xadgudbin

As for your argument that if your clan reunites with the rest of Somalis there will be a civil war? let me point out that your claim of independent nation have also caused a civil war and havoc in your neighbors' territories a fact that a lot of you are aware of but simply chose to never discuss. Seriously, this continuous argument of "oh we are waiting for the south to get their s** together" won't sell and has no ground. Waqooyi galbeed province also needs to get its s*** together as well and leave its neighbors alone. People from Khaatumo and Awdal want nothing to do with your secession and support unity. Dulmi diidow dulmi doon ha noqon.

Taleexi   

Aaliyyah;862558 wrote:
Reer Khaatumo believe in unity and have the right to be part of Somalia.

So yeah I agree with you at the end everyone has the right to go their way. Yaana la isku xad gudbin.

It is given that Khaatumo and Maakhir can not be forced by another clan - No matter how hard one tries - only their political association will have the upper hand at the end. Qolo kastaaba maro rinji ku buufisay, toban qodobna dastuur ugu yeedhay ee bal ka waxyiga waa aynu ka war sugnaa!

Tallaabo   

Aaliyyah;862673 wrote:
Lol@ few villages. ma abaha baa casharkan ku dhigey? LOL shame marlabaad bal ku dheh cashar sax ah isii. Khaatumo State is much more than few villages it is probably slightly larger than waqooyi galbeed province. As for the population horta no one counted precisely the population of your clan or mine but walahi no one cares if your clan is more in numbers than reer khaatumo or reer Awdal. So this whole idea of you are 90% or 50% of the population doesn't mean anything. No one gives even if that was even true, athough it is not even a fact and you are exaggerating. Somalis can also apply the same argument as you that other clans are much more than your one clan and therefore your clan should be forced to be part of Somalia. But, that wouldn't settle well with you would it. xoga caqliga ka shaqeesi.
Bottom line, everyone has their rightful territories. One that they are entitled to. Yaan la isku xadgudbin

As for your argument that if your clan reunites with the rest of Somalis there will be a civil war? let me point out that your claim of independent nation have also caused a civil war and havoc in your neighbors' territories a fact that a lot of you are aware of but simply chose to never discuss. Seriously, this continuous argument of "oh we are waiting for the south to get their s** together" won't sell and has no ground. Waqooyi galbeed province also needs to get its s*** together as well and leave its neighbors alone. People from Khaatumo and Awdal want nothing to do with your secession and support unity.
Dulmi diidow dulmi doon ha noqon.

Your self-appointed role as the spokeswoman for the people of Awdal makes me laugh. You are truly a comedian. I suggest you talk only for those legendary revellers .i.e., the VIPs of the dance floors in Western cities, the good customers of the land lords who rent out function halls, the notorious arsonists who ruined London's and Toronto's parks by cutting all the branches and leaves off their trees to “honour” countless shady cyber state politicians. Talk for those folks and NOT the Awdalites.

That said, it is not us who run around claiming other's territories. The letters SSC are not used by my clan although they live in that area. In Somaliland every village, and town is controlled by its people. Do yourself a favour and go back home for a fact-finding mission. Such a trip might dispel your grand delusions.

Aaliyyah;862673 wrote:
Lol@ few villages. ma abaha baa casharkan ku dhigey? LOL shame marlabaad bal ku dheh cashar sax ah isii. Khaatumo State is much more than few villages it is probably slightly larger than waqooyi galbeed province. As for the population horta no one counted precisely the population of your clan or mine but walahi no one cares if your clan is more in numbers than reer khaatumo or reer Awdal. So this whole idea of you are 90% or 50% of the population doesn't mean anything. No one gives even if that was even true, athough it is not even a fact and you are exaggerating. Somalis can also apply the same argument as you that other clans are much more than your one clan and therefore your clan should be forced to be part of Somalia. But, that wouldn't settle well with you would it. xoga caqliga ka shaqeesi.
Bottom line, everyone has their rightful territories. One that they are entitled to. Yaan la isku xadgudbin

As for your argument that if your clan reunites with the rest of Somalis there will be a civil war? let me point out that your claim of independent nation have also caused a civil war and havoc in your neighbors' territories a fact that a lot of you are aware of but simply chose to never discuss. Seriously, this continuous argument of "oh we are waiting for the south to get their s** together" won't sell and has no ground. Waqooyi galbeed province also needs to get its s*** together as well and leave its neighbors alone. People from Khaatumo and Awdal want nothing to do with your secession and support unity.
Dulmi diidow dulmi doon ha noqon.

you will not get what's not yours,period.People from khatumo took part more than their share of the destruction of somalia....history out there.

Your new found nationalism is suspect to say the least,fake:D

hahaa and "awdal"...you left out palestine & chechneya since you spokesperson for whateva...

Aaliyyah   

burahadeer;862750 wrote:
you will not get what's not yours,period.People from khatumo took part more than their share of the destruction of somalia....history out there.

Your new found nationalism is suspect to say the least,fake:D

hahaa and "awdal"...you left out palestine & chechneya since you spokesperson for whateva...

You seem confused. What are reer khaatumo claiming that isn't theirs? they don't want burco hargaisa berbera or any of your villages. Amaan uun inaad sisaaan bay rabaan oo dhulkooda aad so fara galin.

As for reer Awdal. They decided their future like reer khaatumo and established their state. In due time they will fully control their region. It doesn't really matter what your opinion on that is, their future is in their hands and they are entitled just like your "reer" are entitled to their claim of secession.

Aaliyyah   

Tallaabo;862747 wrote:
Your self-appointed role as the spokeswoman for the people of Awdal makes me laugh. You are truly a comedian. I suggest you talk only for those legendary revellers .i.e., the VIPs of the dance floors in Western cities, the good customers of the land lords who rent out function halls, the notorious arsonists who ruined London's and Toronto's parks by cutting all the branches and leaves off their trees to “honour” countless shady cyber state politicians. Talk for those folks and
NOT
the Awdalites.

That said, it is not us who run around claiming other's territories. The letters SSC are not used by my clan although they live in that area. In Somaliland every village, and town is controlled by its people. Do yourself a favour and go back home for a fact-finding mission. Such a trip might dispel your grand delusions.

It is funny how forgetful some people are. Your one-clan state "somaliland" started from few men in Jedda and the UK. What makes you then call the reer awdal who are abroad the VIPS of dance floors. Everything starts from somewhere. I wouldn't undermine what they are capable of especially when your clan was in the same position not too long ago.

Also, perhaps in somaliland every village or town is controlled by its people. But, we are discussing awdal state and khaatumo state. Those are not part of your one-clan state. The people who live those states deserve to voice their want - they want unity and should be respected. For instance, how many demonstration have taken place in borame and laascaanod supporting somali unity(go do some research on that if you care that is.Otherwise, there is not much point to this discussion.)

And, it is irony that you want people to respect your reer waqooyi's secession. By the same token, you want to force others and you don't want to allow them to decide their future. Aad ayeey cajiib u tahay, waaba claamdaha qiyaama saan filayo in qof saa labo wajiile u noqdo.

Aaliyyah   

The following link is a demonstration that took place in borame, reer borame are supporting their state "Awdal State". It is really obvious what those people want, it doesnt matter what you would love to believe. Perhaps, you should take a visit to see what is going on instead of blindly supporting your clan