Sign in to follow this  
Tillamook

Excuse me please, but where are the Waqooyi Galbeed folks of the Politics Section?

Why does it seem like the more the voting for a permanent government takes place in Mogadishu, the quicker their shenanigans and claptrap about secession has come to an abrupt end on this forum?

Could this augur that what is happening in Xamar deeply distresses the continued fulfillment of their wishful delusions about recognition? Or could it foretell that they are silently hoping that the new federal government, that will be based in Mogadishu, does indeed succeed so as to finally plead for their fair share of the federal pie?

Discuss!

^

Xaajiga is a true warrior. Never surrenders an inch no matter how wrong he is...lol

But seriously, I believe their silence is an indicator of their realization of the futility of the secessionist project which was doomed from the get go.

The Sage   

Even though it's clearly obvious that you're trying to instigate a reaction with the title and subject of this thread, I'll humour you and answer your question.

First "Waqooyi Galbeed" is a defunct administrative divison of what is now the nation state of Somaliland, and that designation under represents the breadth of it's peoples and territory administered....but I'll let that pass.

Now on to the point. Self-determination always has and remains the primary goal of Somaliland and just because you perceive there to be less reportable news or postings on Somaliland doesn't diminish that fact. Due to sheer number of postings on the events occurring in Mogadishu and the positive developments coming from there, it is obviously the biggest news to come out of the region and therefore merits attention...I mean after 20 years of endemic instability any semblance of order and progress has to make the headlines. I for one welcome this news as it means more stable/reliable partners for Somaliland to work with and improved security for it.

Last but not least....it's August! Let Xaaji, Odweyne, NGONGE and the others work on their tan and relax...because we both know they'll be back to their old ways in no time.

Qudhac   

Tilamook

You live under sweaty arm bits of an african babbon soldiers for protection, your leaders on dogs lead for uneducated an ignorant african kaafir called mahiga.... You cannot stepp withough the international community holding your hands.. you cannot sustain youself for week withough waddling in your own excrement and eating it.

And you have audacity to proclaim to the the world.... Why because of a bunch sheep were herded in a den and you chose one as the new servant of your african master..

Please let those that are free speak for you have none.

When grow up and you free yourself from this. Un trusteeship and you have brains to walk on your own two kegs then somaliland will see you as an equal.

But till then son dont suffocate in that arm bit that has become your liberty.

Tallaabo   

Qudhac;862266 wrote:
Tilamook

You live under sweaty arm bits of an african babbon soldiers for protection, your leaders on dogs lead for uneducated an ignorant african kaafir called mahiga.... You cannot stepp withough the international community holding your hands.. you cannot sustain youself for week withough waddling in your own excrement and eating it.

And you have audacity to proclaim to the the world.... Why because of a bunch sheep were herded in a den and you chose one as the new servant of your african master..

Please let those that are free speak for you have none.

When grow up and you free yourself from this. Un trusteeship and you have brains to walk on your own two kegs then somaliland will see you as an equal.

But till then son dont suffocate in that arm bit that has become your liberty.

That is harsh. Lets not insult each other but remind the chap that this time all the Somalilanders are busy praying for Somalia’s success and so have no time for anything else.

RedSea   

Tilmook,

I don't know if you are blind or just have not been paying attention, but members of the Somaliland community on SOL have been expressing their support for Somalia' quest to end the transition and elect a real governing body.

You have NG, Norf, XX, Jac, and Ayub who have posted news or opinions in regards to Somalia's elections. There hasn't been whole lot of news posted about Somaliland. It's important time for Somalia to finally come out of the darkness and join the free nations of the world. It wouldnt' be right nor approriate to ruin that by flooding the section with SL related articles.

We are waiting for you, my brothers to finally put your acts together, so we can sit down and discuss our future.

Qudhac,

That is bit over the line, sxb. Please refrain from attacking our fellow Somalis. In aad si sharaf ku jirto ku qanciso ayey inaga mudan yihiin. Horumar sidaas ayuun baa lagu gaadhi karaa.

Qudhac, that has got to be the most delusional thing ever said at SOL...and we have to deal with Abwaan on a regular basis here.

You really should receive some sort of exceptional award for that...maybe I'll yank the gold from Abwaan and give it to you. happy0009.gif

RedSea;862389 wrote:
Tilmook,

We are waiting for you, my brothers to finally put your acts together, so we can sit down and discuss our future.

While I appreciate your magnanimous offer, RedSea, I will have to decline it on behalf of the Somali peoples for there is nothing generous about it. Somaliland, although unwilling to admit it, is already WITH US. Am sure you will not deny the fact that your Clan elders came down to Mog and selected their mps to represent the Waqooyi galbeed folks and as we speak we have dozens of your reps voting in the first ever parliamentary elections held in post civil war Somalia. So tell me how again are you waiting for "us" to get our acts together when WE ARE ALL IN IT TOGETHER?!

Granted, Like Taleexi has said, you have every right to consider to secede your part of the country, but like you guys have a say in Somalia getting its act together, Somalia has an indubitable say in your secessionist aspirations.

Inaad taas aqbashaan ayaa horumarka runta-ah lagu gaari karaa.

RedSea   

^^^ You're in no position to decline anything, I'm afraid. The IC, the leaders of Somalia and somaliland shall resume talks per the London and Istanbul communiques. More apprioriate people are in charge of this, neither you or I can really say much apart from opinions submitted through internet blog.

I can understand the excitement that has been generated by the recent news out of Somalia, however Somaliland has been having peaceful and fair elections(Presidential and parliamentary) in the last decade or so, and while we are happy for our brothers down south for finally showing some signs of competency, it remains business as usual here at home that is Maandeeq.

As for MPs that hail from Somaliland. Any decent person would tell you that you need more than MPs(of SL origin) to even draw Somaliland's interest in this. If you're serious person, you'd understand Somaliland is run from Hargeisa and you would need to deal with Hargeisa in regards to any related issues.

^^^^ well said but I'm afraid these guys derail their hard won stability atleast around Mogadishu in the quest to antagonize somaliland.Healthy mind tells to mind own business first,rebuild,pick up garbage strewn for 2 decades,house the women, orphans,grow food and resume normal life.It's better to have 10 different fed & peaceful somalis than one united with agony & constant upheaval.

Thought were ova with those kind threads... more of a hate than kin love!

Aaliyyah   

Taleexi;862391 wrote:
Reer W/G has every right to consider seceding from the union.

Reer Khaatumo believe in unity and have the right to be part of Somalia.

So yeah I agree with you at the end everyone has the right to go their way. Yaana la isku xad gudbin.

Aaliyyah;862558 wrote:
Reer Khaatumo believe in unity and have the right to be part of Somalia.

So yeah I agree with you at the end everyone has the right to go their way. Yaana la isku xad gudbin.

Aaliyah's statement demolishes the arguments put forth by Somaliland Activists.

I have no problem with an independent nation of Somaliland...however they shouldn't be forcing the people of Sool, Sanaag, or Awdal to secede as well...

Somaliland is a country based on Qabiil, but I believe the Somalilanders shouldn't be forced to join the Somali Union.

DoctorKenney;862575 wrote:
Aaliyah's statement demolishes the arguments put forth by Somaliland Activists.

I have no problem with an independent nation of Somaliland...however they shouldn't be forcing the people of Sool, Sanaag, or Awdal to secede as well...

Somaliland is a country based on Qabiil, but I believe the Somalilanders shouldn't be forced to join the Somali Union.

somalilanders are the great majority in sanag and awdal(ova 90%) and sool ova 50% but those who wana go with their few villages have the right so long they not claiming what's not theirs and therefore not attainable peacefully or by arms.