Sign in to follow this  
Positive

Gratulerer Mohamed Osman Jawari!

NGONGE   

^^ Again, I don't know what is difficult for you to understand here, saaxib. Pay attention now: Afghanistan & Iraq both had to go through a process of transition (a more or less similar one to the process taking place in Somalia today). To guess at how a post transition Somalia would look like, we simply have to look at what happened in those countries (i.e. your Karazi & Maliki clinging to power story or, in other words: the transition did not go well). Wax fahan.

It is not that I am not "doing much analysis" here, it is that you do not want to address the questions I am asking, saaxib. What is it that you want from this process? Is there a chance of it taking place? Why (if at all) would it not take place? What are the obstacles? What is missing?

The questions are endless and though they are not comfortable they nonetheless need to be asked. Can you afford to be nonchalant about this entire process and adopt your "unlike Xiin the transition itself is not the real turning point - it's that we've got a broad based and well accepted political process to sort out issues of governance - all players recognize it and are familiar with it given this is the second iteration. Practice in this case strengthens the peaceful and partcipatory framework for governance". Try and try again miya?

Can't you see the obvious problem staring us all in the face? Today the joy is about the process itself and people are dreaming of a better and greater Somalia (without demanding such a place), tomorrow, when (or if) it goes wrong the finger of blame will be pointed at Sharif, PL, Sakiin or whoever it is that will be the first to throw a spanner in the works. But these are mere actors in a drama that we've seen countelss times before, saaxib. If this goes wrong, the finger of blame should be directed at YOU and every Somali that is celebrating shamcada loo wado without making it clear that, this time, failure is not an option. The only way to do that is by asking the questions today, not once a man from reer hebel is elected. Wax fahan.

Positive   

NGONGE ,

I agree that Somalis like many others in the third and second world have tendency to hardly make plans for the future. They just role on with the tide of events and enjoy or suffer according to the whims of time!

I step aside for you buddies to continue your discussion. carry on then

The Awakener2

NGONGE believes Somaliland is a country and says he has unshakable faith in its' system', but sees the positive movement in Somalia as marry-go-around and those who support it as crazy :D

Yet he is asking objectivity and a reasonable debate from the fora

NGONGE   

^^ Make up a new argument, won't you? :D

War rise above your limitations and deal with what I'm putting in front of you here. It's for your own good.

(I'm going home now but may have a look later in the evening and see if you can surprise me).

Xiin,you have been vindicated.the peace caravan is visible from the market place qurac where it will dock. Weli ratiga hore "tuu" lama dhihin,ee haa dabrin geela just yet.

let the presidential elections happen, let the sheikh get elected(inshallah),or whoever is preffered by the galbeed.let the parties all agree to support him..inshalah. then we will have peace.development,unity and harmony inshallah. And yes, somaliland and puntland and jinni land and hebelowland will all be federal states,

NGONGE   

xiinfaniin;862714 wrote:
^^Go home, NOGNOGE, go home. It is for your own good
:D
. My one-line response is doing a fine job to your
hadal tiro

If you say so. :D

Chimera   

LOL@ NGONGE, big brother keep talking about Iraq and Afghanistan, Xiinfaniin has found his paradise:

tumblr_m98m9koCDI1qihg1lo1_1280.jpg

No isbaaro can stop this Caravan, the renaissance is on a forward march!

Arco11_Flying%2BCaravan.JPG

NGONGE   

^^ See? When I put you on the spot again you'll say "I wasn't serious and I was only messing about". :D

Xiin can't see past his own nose in this instance (though he's not at your level yet). ;)

^^Only if you could reconcile your cynicism and your supposedly 'rigorous analysis' on Somalia's political situation with your rosy picture on the politics of your Somaliland enclave, your 'can't see past his nose' comment would have a weight awoowe :D

NGONGE   

^^ Go on what? Change the subject you mean?

SL is peaceful, had several elections, smooth transfer of power and even a mayor visiting buuhoodle. Only recognition remains. Nothing new to say there.

War waxaan ku hor dhigay ka jawaab. The questions are all up there. ;)

Only if you were from Qardho instead of that fanthom place - you would have been taken seriously and your questions given the attention they deserved but alas you were damned by your own mantra. C is E - but in this case unfortunately your C is P instead of E (if you get my drift) :D