Sign in to follow this  
Positive

Gratulerer Mohamed Osman Jawari!

Positive   

Dette er tid for optimisme for Somalia og Somaliere som bor i alle kanter i verden. At du er valgt nå som leder for Somalisk Stortinget bekrefter, etter min mening, at somaliere har modnet og følgelig er klare for varig fred, forsoning og fremgang.

Men uten ærlige og erfarende ledere kan alt gå forgjeves allikevel!!

Jeg ville si mer! Men jeg vet at dette er ikke tid å preke; tvert imot er dette tid for å feire.

så gratulerer igjen - fra meg og fra alle i Norge

The Awakener2

You have every reason to be optimistic ...the mocked caravan have finally delivered. I feel vindicated, brother Positive.

I am planning my return in four years time :D ...that is when my generation will lead the country

Mooge   

Positive, it has been one great year for Somalia. lets pray this progress continue and expands with the right people on top.

Your GPS malfunctioned and took wrong turn Positive?

lol@my generation...Aw Xiin I thought your generation caused all this mess mase I am thinking of Oodweyne.

^^:D :D

No. He did catch the bug and is now coming down with the optimism thing. Tell NGONGE, the SNM cynic, there is a big change in SOL

Somalia   

Du har ret det en god tid for os Somaliere til at staa sammen, vi har meget og vaere begejstret om, tillykke til Jawaari. :cool:

Positive   

Xiin, there is always tomorrow and it is never late to apply your talents to where they belong.

Mooge; the challenge is ' put the right persons to the top posts'.

The Awakener2

Che -Guevara;862033 wrote:

lol@my generation...Aw Xiin I thought your generation caused all this mess mase I am thinking of Oodweyne.

I object to this unfair comparison to Oodweyne, a man from BB King generation, who by his own confession in 1976 was a university student in Great Britain. He protested the 'Blood of River' speech by the famous racist politician. And when the white chick whom he was chasing proved to be the hard-to-get variety, he played the sensational 'Thrill is Gone' song, over and over again :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrFChQUQihE

Che , please retract that comparison.

NGONGE   

xiinfaniin;862034 wrote:
^^
:D
:D

No. He did catch the bug and is now coming down with the optimism thing. Tell NGONGE, the SNM cynic, there is a big change in SOL

Your Caravan was that of Sheikh Sharif, saaxib. It is an amazing feat of duplicity that you display here when you try to claim that the events of today were what you had in mind when you started talking of that Caravan all those years ago. But, be that as it may, nothing really solid has taken place yet.

They say a drowning man will find hope in a floating piece of straw and, despite my perceived coldness; I would be the last person to stand ashore and laugh at such a scene. Having said that however, I am still obliged to point out the straw and offer the man a helping hand.

That the Somalis have finally forced themselves (or were forced) to sit around and select a parliament is good news (though not new). That this parliament finally selected a speaker is also good news (but not new). That the masses are in a state of total jubilation (unless they supported Glayer of course) is also good news (but oh, oh, oh is it at all new?). The only new thing here is that this selection took place in the Somali capital. This was the only tempting twist here.

Still, the eternal problem remains. The clannish dishonesty is not going away anytime soon and no Mahiga magic wand is going to cure three quarters of that parliament from their corrupt or clannish tendencies. However, as you know by now, I have no problem with clannish tendencies for I believe it to be the Somali way and the only method to eventually bestow a deserving government on that state. Alas, I don’t believe that the majority of Somalis have reached the stage where they can parade their clannish smugness out in the open! For them, it is still some sort of clever ruse (the whole I am not a qabiilist but you are shtick).

This is not about governments, saaxib. This is about people and their understanding of government, nation and politics. Yes, they elected a speaker (who might be a good man), they’ll elect a president (who might be an even better man) and he’ll choose a prime minster that’ll probably be better than both but the people will remain the same, saaxib.

I’ve been following this story for far too long to be taken in by the deafening ululations of the winners and the wailings of the losers. Yet, in all this time, I’ve always noticed the absence of the legitimate questions that give one hope for a better future!

For example; the discussions on this site (and Somalia as a whole) have been about who will be selected for the three main posts and why they are the best ones for the jobs (or not) but there has not been one single discussion (to my knowledge) about what happens next. So, let me ask it myself, what happens next, saaxib?

The empty articles in the western media about a Mogadishu revival assume that the major problems that caused the civil war have been dealt with or (which is more likely) conclude that since Alshabab have been ousted from that city, all its problems are gone. The end of the transition represents an end to this sorry mess for them. But, for you and most Somalis, it is simply the start of more questions (and maybe even problems). So, what happens after the transition ends? Will AMISOM stay or go? If they stay, how can this “recognised” government claim any rule over Somalis when it’s propped by foreign forces? And, how long before the losers of these elections use that card to pummel the government with? When the rest gang up on PL, how long before the Imam decides to threaten (or carry out) secession again? What if the ganging up is on Sharif’s clan, will the isbaaro merchants reappear now that they have nothing more to lose?

I truly don’t wish to burst your bubble of joy here but you called me out when I chose to keep my powder dry and allow the gullible to celebrate for a day or two. So, I ask, why should I abandon my suspicion and cynicism when nothing really has changed?

Of course, I expect you to tell me that Mogadishu is thriving and that buildings are being built or businesses started. But one little skirmish by a few nostalgic moryaans can easily send all the traders and builders back to the hills (or was that the West?). Change, my friend, has to come from all sides. It comes with the realisation that enough is enough. But would Glayer having lost the job he craved say enough is enough? His record certainly doesn’t show him to be the kind that gives up that easily. Will Sharif Hassan? Will PL do so should their chosen man lose or will Sharif Ahmed?

I am not immune to boots of uncontrollable hope, saaxib. I was ecstatic when LA willingly came back to SL and was over the moon when Riyaale peacefully gave up his seat when he lost the SL election. I viewed both cases as real instances of clear change. But do I fall for Siilaanyo’s empty promises? On the whole, no I don’t. I believe his government to be as corrupt as that of Sharif, Abdullahi Yusuf or any Somali government before them. Yet, because of the peaceful election and because of LA choosing to side with SL, I believe a sustainable change has taken place in SL. Today, and as things stand, I don’t believe such a change is about to take place in Somalia. I say this without even taking the Shabab angle into consideration (for they are nothing but a nuisance, today).

Sometimes, one notices change from the way things are done. You see it in the actions of the people who witness the first breaking rays of such a change. But, from what I saw, it was business as usual. Nothing has changed, not even in SOL.

The day I see proper political analysis in SOL is the day I’ll believe that Somalia has any hope. War this place could not even present us with a simple calculation on how they believe the votes will go (when they were already given the numbers of MPs from each clan and had strong clues as to how most of those MPs would vote). Those that got it right did so (by Mooge’s own admission) from news they heard in a mafrash! Naga daaya dee.

Change indeed! :D