Sign in to follow this  
money

Women MPs - Representation along clan lines

raula   

MMA..waa mahadsantahay..bal see yaan uga tegi labadeeyda waxaro :D geeljire by heart..can't rule egocentrics! Laakin I'll vote for MALKIA Malika.

Raula Inadeer ii waran. How's Nairobi?:)

Ciid Wanaagsan Habo! umadeena Alla ha daayo.

Apophis..Soomaali waxee tirahdaa nin isfaanshay waa ri isnoogtay. You fit the bill. Faankaaga iyo aflagaadada waa loo dulqaadan lahaa hadaad wax nafci kusuu kordhin laheed this 'simplistic nation' laakin waxna meesha kuma heesid.

The Zack   

The 30% thing is just none sense! Mahiga should implement that Tanzania and Clinton should do it in the US. Non of the those nations have anything close to 30% in their legislative branches.

NGONGE   

Apophis;861434 wrote:
I really wish the 30% was meet but I fear it was highly unrealistic figure especially since the Somali clan system considers women little more than mobile property.

You shouldn't have backed down when Che came with his "simplistic" charge. :D

The key phrase there is "Somali clan system".

p.s.

I reckon if you say sorry to Che, gabadh buu ku siinaya. :P

NGONGE....Have you read the thread? I only objected to his simplistic charge of society in turmoil and lack of context and not to mention that he thinks he's above the fray. And apparently is Farah in SOL as if 'simple' people are only chauvinists in the world.

Apophis...Adiga iyo run kala fog ee waad ismahadiseey ka saco.

Tallaabo   

It can be difficult for women to join the political process in Somalia as there is no direct involvement of the masses in decision making. However, I do not understand why the women of Somaliland cannot put their political house in order and get behind women candidates for the councils, parliament, and the presidency. They should remember the fact the women control 50% of the eligible votes in the country. I hope someone starts a feminist party in Somaliland soon.