Sign in to follow this  
Blessed

Tolkaygu waa..

Mario B   

Gaariye Ilaahay caafimaad ha siiyee waa gabayaa wayn oo ku caan baxa Tima-cade dabadii inuu jiilka la dagaalanka qabyaalada uu hogaankooga yahay. ALLE cimrigiisa ha dheereyo ee ku xusuuso ereyadan.

Isn't Somaliland a clan project. How do you secessionists square your clan agenda with this man's enlightenment?:confused:

AYOUB   

*Blessed;860856 wrote:
561414_322095707879775_275848962_n.jpg

Legend. I must be one of the few to leave the man absolutely confused and speechless at a Somali Week event a while back. I queued and waited patiently to greet him while people mobbed him, Cali Sugulle and Cabdi Qays. Most people introduced themselves to the poets as ex-neighbours, hebel's son etc etc. Well, even though Abwan Cali Sugulle is closely related to my Hooyo and I could have and interesting but usual convo by introducing my maternal grandpa's royal HY links, I chose to go for Abwaan Gaariye my "uncle in philosophy" (among other) fields. I stood in front of him, shook his hand and just smiled. After a few seconds, I asked him to autograph my book. Confused he looked at Cabdi Qays who shrugged his shoulders and looked away. Baffled Gaariye, still not out of the trance he goes into when on stage asked whose name should he dedicate the autograph. I gave him my name. When I got home and proudly showed my memorabilia, a friend spotted Gaariye autographed the wrong surname on my book. :)

Abwaan   

Gaariye is a legend...I read, listened to his poems and watched him live few times. He is one of the best poets for the Somali speakers. Ilaah ha bogsiiyo.

AYOUB   

Funny you should say that, *Ibtisam. I was plotting a way getting an autographed book from a certain SOL member. :)

AYOUB   

^ : Thought about asking your help, but I think Alpha my amigo is a better option to get the job done. :)

Ibtisam   

"When many of the then Somali lyrics composers became aligned with the government willing to please the dictatorship, he [Gaarriye] still used his sophisticated arm to defend the ethics and dignity of poetry, and he composed his piece “Qasab kuma balwayn karo” (I can’t be compelled to sing)".

http://www.redsea-online.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=964&mode=&order=0&thold=0

For the published English book.

Lool Ayoub, my book has not been printed yet, give me another two years. :P

Alpha iyo JB waxaba haa weydiin, unless it is about social hangout spots, chewing and who is who of clans. :D

AYOUB   

*Ibtisam;861165 wrote:
"When many of the then Somali lyrics composers became aligned with the government willing to please the dictatorship, he [Gaarriye] still used his sophisticated arm to defend the ethics and dignity of poetry, and he composed his piece “Qasab kuma balwayn karo” (I can’t be compelled to sing)".

For the published English book.

Lool Ayoub, my book has not been printed yet, give me another two years.
:P

Alpha iyo JB waxaba haa weydiin, unless it is about social hangout spots, chewing and who is who of clans.
:D

Thanks in advance. :)

Well amigo Alpha is a reer magaal going with the flow to get close to the locals like JB. :)